Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    It was too complicated for the kids and grandmas so they removed the talent trees. WoW is the GEICO of MMO's. so easy a caveman can do it

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
    It was too complicated for the kids and grandmas so they removed the talent trees. WoW is the GEICO of MMO's. so easy a caveman can do it
    Theres some irony in here somewhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss it in the way that it was awesome as a leveling noob to choose whatever talents you *thought* were optimal and created the illusion for yourself that you were forging your own path. You sort of were, of course, and the progressional "change" of your character's strengths and weaknesses don't feel as present in the new system. At level 10 you choose your path and instantly become a god in that role, while the occasional talent point feel like fluff abilities that don't really define your character since you will change them out whenever it fits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I miss it in the way that it was awesome as a leveling noob to choose whatever talents you *thought* were optimal and created the illusion for yourself that you were forging your own path. You sort of were, of course, and the progressional "change" of your character's strengths and weaknesses don't feel as present in the new system. At level 10 you choose your path and instantly become a god in that role, while the occasional talent point feel like fluff abilities that don't really define your character since you will change them out whenever it fits.
    I remember feeling like a god when I got my mage talented to where I could do PoM/Pyro for the first time.