Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It depends on the ratio of people having fun vs people not even playing because of it. Nobody can guess those numbers except Blizzard. And they decided to bring flight back.

I personally didn't mind no-flight, as I said, I think there are more than enough ways to move around Draenor for the inconvenience to be noticeable. Same thing for random events that force people to participate without rewards. Some will enjoy it, many won't. And eventually, even those who enjoyed it the first few times will get tired of it.
    what's with this "forcing" mentality? I dont get it. No one is forcing me to do raids or dungeons or PvP or participate in random events. I choose what I want to do. They are called events for a reason and happen rarely.
    Timewalking dungeons event just happened I didn't do them, though I prolly should have just for some fun, but didn't have the time to do them. Oh well, until next time. They use to have BG events over every weekend for a certain BG that doesn't even happen anymore except I guess now with the new event system that will make BG's a little bonus. Doesn't force me to do any of that though.
    DMF is a once a month even am I forced to do it? no... world events are once a year, am I forced to do them? no... Relevent raids aren't relelvent anymore am I forced to do them? nope definitely not anymore like it was in TBC where u would still run even Kara to gear up and get badges for more gear... I always thought that was fun made a good reason even if you didn't need the gear it gave badges you could use to get better gear.

I guess if you wanna go with the whole "forced" thing... If i want the best PvE gear I guess I'm forced to do raids... if I want the best PvP gear I'm forced to do RBGs or Arena or any other way to get conq points... If I want all those cool toys I'm forced to do those quests. If I want maxed out professions I'm forced to do those too.
    Last edited by Fabolouss; 2015-06-30 at 06:12 PM.

Deleted
    Could work if:
    1: Don't oneshot lowbies/dps/etc - If it needs an organized raid it would fail (not all servers are very active/have that many organized guilds)
    2: Give some loot/reward/currency - well something that is worth the time (could be that it "locks" the faction AH/guildbank or something until it is killed + some reward when killed)
    3: Dont get oneshotted - because then it would be like a rare on timeless isle, if you ain't there when it spawn you are out of luck.
    Last edited by mmocd7919f6051; 2015-06-30 at 06:44 PM.

Deleted
    The idea of hard world boss can't work currently. We experienced this with Oondasta in patch 5.2 pre-nerf. People would make a huge swarm of players, 4-8 full 40-man groups coalesced from multiple servers and attempt to zerg the boss down with constant corpse-run train in the place. I participated in such event and we actually managed to crash the server! Oondasta tactics was down to: Accept rez, do as much DPS as possible, die, corpse run, rinse & repeat

wont happen
    people used to do epic shit like kite lord kazzak ot stormwind, or my guild(alliance) kited thunderaan(thunderfury boss) to orgrimarr

of course, much like the wotlk event people cried and bitched, because in the world of azeroth, the world of an MMORPG, it is completely unreasonable a demon lord would attack a city, or The Lich King, one of the most evil villians in the world would hatch an evil plot that would....GASP..... inconvienience the denizens of azeroth

what was blizzard thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabolouss View Post
    what's with this "forcing" mentality? I dont get it. No one is forcing me to do raids or dungeons or PvP or participate in random events. I choose what I want to do. They are called events for a reason and happen rarely.
    Timewalking dungeons event just happened I didn't do them, though I prolly should have just for some fun, but didn't have the time to do them. Oh well, until next time. They use to have BG events over every weekend for a certain BG that doesn't even happen anymore except I guess now with the new event system that will make BG's a little bonus. Doesn't force me to do any of that though.
    DMF is a once a month even am I forced to do it? no... world events are once a year, am I forced to do them? no... Relevent raids aren't relelvent anymore am I forced to do them? nope definitely not anymore like it was in TBC where u would still run even Kara to gear up and get badges for more gear... I always thought that was fun made a good reason even if you didn't need the gear it gave badges you could use to get better gear.

I guess if you wanna go with the whole "forced" thing... If i want the best PvE gear I guess I'm forced to do raids... if I want the best PvP gear I'm forced to do RBGs or Arena or any other way to get conq points... If I want all those cool toys I'm forced to do those quests. If I want maxed out professions I'm forced to do those too.
    Aren't we talking about world bosses spawning on populated zones 'out of nowhere'? That means involving people who were just trying to auction stuff, or afk people returning to find their characters dead. That's forced content.