Balance druids in PVP - oneshot

I dont PVP much but when I do - things like this remind me why I stopped. Is this normal?? MY top damage crits maybe for 50K tops? I dont get it

Look at screenshot: he hits me for 110K + 112K + 90K in about 3 seconds

Balance druids do have pretty good burst, but this guy just got lucky, better utilization of your defensives might have helped you in this situation (I.E. Blocking).

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Balance druids do have pretty good burst, but this guy just got lucky, better utilization of your defensives might have helped you in this situation (I.E. Blocking).
    it all happened too quickly i had no idea its possible... his spells were instant too! but hey, i got him down to 95%!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    it all happened too quickly i had no idea its possible... his spells were instant too! but hey, i got him down to 95%!
    He got really lucky mate and PVP is quick you should have had Def CDS popped right away knowing his burst was coming.

Then just full offensive if you have an addon letting you know that he has popped everything.

So basicly this is: A you were meleing him and B, he popped everything on you scoring two lucky crits.
    His cast rotation would have been: Moonfire, Instant Starsurge, Instant Starsurge, Instant Starfire (procced because you were meleing him).

Going to guess he probably popped Incarnation or a trinket once he lit into you as well.

As other people have said, this is basicly him frontloading 90% of his burst into you right off the start (+ the lucky starfire proc). Boomkin can frontload a butload of damage if they have all 3 starsurge procs available and are specced right, since once you engage them in combat the Eclipse bar will start swinging to maximum Arcane damage and he just got lucky with his crits on the starsurges + what was probably a max damage instant starfire.

If you had managed to survive that he would have been a glass cannon with almost no ammo after that, since all he would have left would be one starsurge charge, and he would also hit like a wet noodle for the next 10 seconds or so as he swung through eclipse into the Nature side, where wrath sucks.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2015-07-01 at 07:21 AM.

it all happened too quickly i had no idea its possible.
    Last edited by xleilvparc; 2015-07-01 at 07:40 AM.

Deleted
    Starsurges are instant and unstoppable. Should obviously be dealing a third of its current damage. All this instant damage ruins the game.

Quote Originally Posted by spelgubbe View Post
    Starsurges are instant and unstoppable. Should obviously be dealing a third of its current damage. All this instant damage ruins the game.
    Starsurge, the instant cast chaos bolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

No trinket proc. My highest starsurge crit on a bg is 204k (trinket proc, vs pve trinket guy)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you know what one shot means.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Most people dont....

if you played a moonkin you know how rare all those crits are..

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    I know what it means.. But it's impossible to one shot so the term one shot kind of changed over time. Anyway, I though it was absurn you can be killed in 3 seconds

Do you have less than 250k health? That log shows about 240k dmg before you were overkilled.

Apart from the fact it wasn't a "one shot" you were either in combat before the shown part or you're in shit gear against a fully geared person who popped CD's and got 2 crits on the spells that matter.

Either way its a stupid thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I guess it's Balance's turn to be complained about rather than Elemental one-shots?

Shame my Lava Bursts do less than half of those Starsurges.

Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    Well I guess it's Balance's turn to be complained about rather than Elemental one-shots?

Shame my Lava Bursts do less than half of those Starsurges.
    Destro should be next in the rotation right? I gotta start farming gear so I'm ready.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Starsurge, the instant cast chaos bolt
    Its ok because it wasn't a Lock, if it was a lock the forums would burst into tears.