Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Way to improve the shipyard:

Make it so I can sail the damn ship myself and it becomes an experience I actually interact with as opposed to another menu. Really, any sort of attached gameplay that makes it an actual experience instead of... just another menu.

No matter how many random ass improvements people suggest, it's still just another menu. It needs some genuine gameplay to it.

Also, I had the best bug yesterday. I used an instant mission completion order on a long mission... and it added 24 hours. Now my day long mission is 2 days long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Way to improve the shipyard:

Make it so I can sail the damn ship myself and it becomes an experience I actually interact with as opposed to another menu. Really, any sort of attached gameplay that makes it an actual experience instead of... just another menu.

No matter how many random ass improvements people suggest, it's still just another menu. It needs some genuine gameplay to it.

Also, I had the best bug yesterday. I used an instant mission completion order on a long mission... and it added 24 hours. Now my day long mission is 2 days long.
    I had the same bug. It was a 2 day mission, I used a completion order with 1 day 5 hours left. Now it lasts 2 days 5 hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Ideas to improve the Shipyard:

Use all that oil to coat the place in kerosene
    Use a mage follower to light it up
    We don't need no water, let the motherfucker burn
    Burn motherfucker, burn.
    What if the shipyard is made of steel beams?

Reduce the cost of the ship counters to 150-250.

Move the ship counter vender up the hill next to the shipyard table, it's annoying have to run from the table to the vender all the time.

Increase the cost of Unsinkable to 1.5-2.5k resources, but make it no longer take the room of one of the counters. Only the fish net, or unsinkable can be active on a boat. Perhaps reduce the amount of fish produced by a little bit.

Reduce the chance at loosing a ship based on rarity. Say if a green boat is 50% sink chance on failure, a blue should be 30%, and a rare should be 10%.

Add means of changing crews, perhaps make uncommon garrison table recruitment missions (1-2 per week) that reward an item to change the crew on a ship. Similar to the arakkoa/robot/beast/ogre success item missions.

Get rid of the zone buffs, or atleast remove the gold/apexis ones. You can get one mission maybe too if you're quite lucky with RNG completed with the buffs. They're basically a waste.

Add some more interesting non-XP missions. As it is there's generally only 2-4 non-XP missions. Once I've got a full fleet of epic boats those XP missions are useless.

Ship missions have a 100% to give a big crate of salvage if you have the salvage yard.
    Last edited by tuesday the paladin; 2015-07-03 at 10:14 PM.

Deleted
    Just one change would have gone a long way - lowering the cost for counters from 500 GR to 100GR or even 250GR.
    That would have removed lot of the tedious waiting you have to do when you run out of GR - since it's not really a resource you can gather on your own, just just have to wait for the tank to fill up again.

And waiting, doing nothing is not exactly very much fun.

That small change would have made a helluva difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    What if the shipyard is made of steel beams?
    That's when we bring in the destro warlocks. Everything burns, gentlemen. We just need to figure out the temperature.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    That's when we bring in the destro warlocks. Everything burns, gentlemen. We just need to figure out the temperature.
    Fel fire can't melt steel beams. Blizzcon was an inside job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I think they need to make more missions available early on that can be completed at 100% rate with your initial limited counters. I'd rather set an equipment counter, and keep it like that forever. Changing between every mission isn't what I plan on doing.
    All of the equipment, except for two, can be obtained in about an hour of running around Tanaan. The two other pieces are from, respectively, a mob in Tanaan that requires a group ( so you just use the premade tool) and the 2nd boss in HFC ( drops on LFR too ).

So you can absolutely get 100% on the early missions pretty consistently. If you are unwilling to change equipment slots though, then you're doing it wrong, at least according to the way Blizzard set it up right now.