How are you playing assassination?

Havent really played it much, but is it best to open up with Vendetta/Shadow reflection, 2x mutilates, rupture, spam mutilates/envenoms

Once out of shadow reflection state should I focus on keeping the Rupture and envenom buff up? So, pooling energy till the buff is about to fall off then reapply envenom then mash a couple more mutilates then pool till its about to fall off?

I wouldn't do what you're doing. I do Mutilate>Mutilate>Dispatch (if it procs)>Rupture>Mutilate>Mutilate/Dispatch to 5+ combo points and then pool to 100 energy, or 80 if Heroism was popped on pull>SR+Trinket+Vendetta>Envenom (the idea is to get a huge guaranteed envenom crit every time you use Vendetta and SR) and then try to get in as many 5 combo point Envenoms as possible during SR. After that, you just want to be refreshing Envenom when there are 2 seconds left on its buff, and Rupture when there are ~8 seconds left on its debuff. Always have 5+ combo points and ~100 energy when you use your SR+Vendetta.

Potion at 2sec > Muti from Stealth > (Dispatch) > Rupture any CP > Muti till 5CP > Pool 100 energy (Arcane Torrent if Belf) > SR+Vendetta > 100% Crit Envenom > Muti till 5CP > Rupture before SR Buff gets to 8sec.

You can fit both Vanishes into the opener.
    Last edited by Eileana; 2015-07-02 at 06:58 AM. Reason: forgot dem potions

not much longer.... get it!! fucking blizz and their massive spec balance flopping

Deleted
    What´s people stance on Nightstalker Vanish -> Envenom?
    Seems Shadow Focus is the go to talent for the spec from what I´ve seen.
    So a couple of "near free" mutilates (also more CPs to spend) vs a couple of +50% damage envenoms (ideally Vendetta+SR into Vanish and Envenom)

Quote Originally Posted by Shenjin View Post
    So a couple of "near free" mutilates (also more CPs to spend) vs a couple of +50% damage envenoms (ideally Vendetta+SR into Vanish and Envenom)
    Someone should give it a try, things you have to take into account: (I'm not good at math myself.)

Will the 50% increased damage for Envenom bypass the amount of poison procs you get from extra CP builders also you might be energy starving after vanish+envenom.

Avoid using Rupture during SR pretty much at all costs, the SR Rupture does garbage damage. Envenom is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenjin View Post
    It was within a couple of hundred dps of shadow focus last I checked with simc and a custom APL for testing that scenario. And I don't believe I did any special optimizations for prep/vanishes either. Basically, the difference was negligible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wavefunctionp View Post
    It was within a couple of hundred dps of shadow focus last I checked with simc and a custom APL for testing that scenario. And I don't believe I did any special optimizations for prep/vanishes either. Basically, the difference was negligible.
    Cool, thanks.
    I guess I´ll just keep rolling with that then, plus Glyph of Disappearance.
    Vendetta+SR+Berserking into Vanish, Envenom (Crit with +50%), vanish, envenom (+50%) and then back to business as usual.