Resto, anyone have their 4 pc yet?

Short complaint to start then I will progress to the real part of the post. It annoys me that our t18 is essentially adding a weak initial heal (riptide) to our chain heal and then creating a blanket of hots on the raid by adding riptide to our chain heal targets. I feel like shamans are good at oh shit healing and this bonus does so little to synergize that roll. Having hots rolling on the raid isn't a bad thing by any means, it just feels as though it will contribute to overhealing as the hot will do little to nothing to help heal large incoming dmg periods but will be there to tick away once the group is healed up by a cd. This is all IMO of course.

That being said, does anyone have their 4 pc and what are their thoughts on it? Dps have been getting tier pieces over me so I am a long way from having either the two piece or four piece so I would love to hear some live input.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by thugchains View Post
    It annoys me that our t18 is essentially adding a weak initial heal (riptide) to our chain heal and then creating a blanket of hots on the raid by adding riptide to our chain heal targets. I feel like shamans are good at oh shit healing and this bonus does so little to synergize that roll.
    I think that's intentional. We're already strong at "spike" healing, so rather than adding to that and risking us becoming more or less mandatory for certain fights (as they don't want any healer to be mandatory; disco being a known problem in this regard), they give us a set bonus that boosts our healing over time instead. 4T17 was pretty similar, as it was a mana bonus. It does nothing for our throughput aside from letting us cast a few more Chain Heals over the course of a fight, meaning more overall HPS without affecting burst. Considering that we're currently good at burst but are the worst for raw overall throughput, the new set bonus makes sense.

As for your actual question, I'm pretty much just passing all the gear on to DPS, so all I've got is a lonely T18 hat.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Set is just too strong for other classes, unfortunately.
    Signature size violated forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Ushra View Post
    Set is just too strong for other classes, unfortunately.
    Oh for sure. Other classes have baller ones and I am a big fan of having geared dps for progression. I let out loot council know that our's was lack luster compared to other classes.

I think it is an OK bonus to be honest. It essentially makes it a lot easier to play shaman as it is less important for you to cast your riptides on cd as you have a bunch of them up anyways. For throughput or mana efficency it does not feel relevant at all as we would have riptides rolling anyways. It might increase the effectiveness of hightide a little as there are just more targets it could possibly jump to but overall I think its not worth giving up the T17 4 set before you actually have the T18 4 set. Might change if you are wearing heroic T17 and you get Mythic (maybe even heroic) T18 because of the amount of stats you gain, but for me I am going to be staying on my T17 Mythic 4set for quite some time not only because DPS should get their sets first, but also because I think bonus rolling on trinkets is worth more at the moment, especially when still in Heroic HFC.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been passing on tier for Hunters and Monks because, well, its better for them.

I got is last night from a combo of normal/heroic. we do split runs, everyone we were fast tracking to set bonuses had theirs and the monk healer was signed off due to moving. I havent healed bosses with it on live yet but i did do on beta and its a really nice bonus in all honesty, especially on mythic where riptides can tick a bit more.
    I have been extremely lucky though with bonus rolls and bosses dropping multiple of items. already have xhul and socrethar trinkets as well as a few other items gold helped with.
    Sadly though my guild is gifted with a sick disc priest so wont really see a realistic idea of the strengths of what i have gotten till more damaging mythic bosses ^^