Deleted

Felmouth frenzy for MM

Any idea how it compares to 125 stats food.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's random, but so far I haven't seen a fight where its worse. You would have to Sim your character to see how much food buff gives you, but generally its about 1%. Fel Food is doing anywhere from 1.1%-3% with good rng.

Typically doing 1.5-3% of my damage. I have yet to see any reason to go back to 125 stat food.

Deleted
    is it worth if you are panda? i've heard that epicurean doesn't work on that food

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mokuton View Post
    is it worth if you are panda? i've heard that epicurean doesn't work on that food
    Unless you get insane rng on fel procs every attempt not worth it, it definitely doesn't scale with panda racial.

I don't think you need insane procs to use fel mouth. But with that said the interaction of crit with our 2pc might override the dmg benefits of the dmg which for me was about 1.3-3% at the 3% range fel mouth is extremely good, at the low end its a push. Though I would like to see simms of the difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a way Elfin could simm this. Thank you

It's still not in SimCraft, said a number of times (I think?).

It is in the most recent one.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpdarts View Post
    I don't think you need insane procs to use fel mouth. But with that said the interaction of crit with our 2pc might override the dmg benefits of the dmg which for me was about 1.3-3% at the 3% range fel mouth is extremely good, at the low end its a push. Though I would like to see simms of the difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Felmouth seems to be on average doing 1.2%-1.8% and only with good rng going upwards of 3%, it would be much more consistent going crit food as panda as you get over 2% damage from it. If you aren't a panda though Felmouth seems to be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodynamic View Post
    It is in the most recent one.
    It is, but last I checked it wasn't completely accurate.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    I'm still talking with the Simcraft guys about this one though because my personal tests and others noted in this thread seem to indicate that this is doing 1.5-1.8% of our damage, while Simcraft is only showing a 1% gain for the food.
    Last edited by Miiir; 2015-07-03 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miiir View Post
    Felmouth seems to be on average doing 1.2%-1.8% and only with good rng going upwards of 3%, it would be much more consistent going crit food as panda as you get over 2% damage from it. If you aren't a panda though Felmouth seems to be the way to go.

It is, but last I checked it wasn't completely accurate.

edit:
    I agree if you're panda go crit food, but if not fel mouth maybe better.

Deleted
    I'd be interested to see solid numbers on this but if its right then im sure felmouth prices will skyrocket...time to stockpile just incase

Quote Originally Posted by Kartharion View Post
    I'd be interested to see solid numbers on this but if its right then im sure felmouth prices will skyrocket...time to stockpile just incase
    Prices on my realm went up significantly within past few days.

500g for 20..

I bought a couple thousand for that or less about a week ago.

Deleted
    Grabbed 3000 for 4k on EU-Silvermoon. Even if it turns out its not better for MM, I still haven't wasted barely much gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpdarts View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I did some sims of this back on 6/30 (http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic...nter-guide-62/), but I've made a note about it here (http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic...-62/?p=2281042). Essentially, Simcraft is only showing a 1% damage boost over no food at all for the Felmouth Frenzy. My own personal tests in raids were between 1.5-2.5% of damage. So, it would appear to me that the new food should actually be slightly better than 125 for everyone but Pandas (I've heard the Panda's 2x modifier is not being applied to the Felmouth Frenzy food buff).

There are some other classes that benefit from the food much more than we do, but it does appear to be pretty powerful for MM hunters at the moment.

Deleted
    such a big topic for something that small why just dont use both foods on same boss and see what is the difference
    I will personally will test it on Velhari today just to see do the buff gets damage modifier in phase 3
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2015-07-04 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    such a big topic for something that small why just dont use both foods on same boss and see what is the difference
    I will personally will test it on Velhari today just to see do the buff gets damage modifier in phase 3
    Because it takes a lot of testing? We don't even quite know how it functions yet. Using each type of food on 1 attempt and then making a decision would be stupid.

Deleted
    Well prices on Silvermoon-EU skyrocketed last night, I put most of my stacks back up today and I have already made double my money back!