Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    The sad thing is, I won't even believe anything they say during Gamescom or Blizzcon. If I even buy the next expac it will be a couple of weeks after it launched.

I didn't even make it a week during 6.2.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    - Duskwood had all of its creepy and dark quest chains cut out, and replaced with bullshit. I think everyone who played vanilla remembers the huge, bulking abomination called Stitches that you could unleash by finishing a certain quest chain. He was an elite mob and could actually easily kill the players questing there, it was always super funny to watch whenever he started heading towards Darkshire.
    Mor'Ladim, Stalvan Mismantle, Morbent Fel, Eliza, Stitches and all those cathacombs <3
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    It's called having a sense of humor, dude. Ofcourse there is nothing funny about the quality of this expansion, but developers having a sense of humor is a good thing. It's the reason for all those fun references in WoW.

I profoundly disagree. From levelling zones to dungeons, I much more preferred vanilla WoW. To this day I still miss the old Deadmines, it was so much better than what we have now.

And let me just list a few other atrocities that Cataclysm introduced and replaced vanilla zones with:

- Westfall is an unfinished wreck. The storyline itself is pretty decent, VanCleef having a daughter and all. But at the end of the Westfall quests, Sentinel Hill is left burning and the Defias "get away with it". Yeah, you eventually kill Vanessa VanCleef, but it has no impact whatsoever on the storyline. Besides that, it's utterly stupid that you can only fight her on heroic mode.

- Redridge Mountains is one big parody of Rambo. Some people may like this, I hated it.

- Duskwood had all of its creepy and dark quest chains cut out, and replaced with bullshit. I think everyone who played vanilla remembers the huge, bulking abomination called Stitches that you could unleash by finishing a certain quest chain. He was an elite mob and could actually easily kill the players questing there, it was always super funny to watch whenever he started heading towards Darkshire.

Cataclysm also saw the removal of elite mobs in quests that actually required players to group up.

I could go on and on about how the zones in Cataclysm were far more terrible than vanilla, such as the burning Ashenvale that has apparently been taken by the Alliance, which is not reflected in game whatsoever.

Or the Western Plaguelands and Andorhal, where we get buttstomped by the Forsaken and the undead and the Argent Crusade apparently doesn't give a shit about it. Koltira Deathweaver being dragged off by Sylvanas and Thassarian giving chase, and both of them are still MIA two expansions later.

Or Gilneas, the Worgen starting zone, which is so obviously unfinished, and halfway through ships us off to Darnassus. Hell, to even experience the complete Worgen storyline, you need to play fucking Forsaken and do Silverpine Forest.

These are just a few examples.
    And what does Vanilla quests have? More collect bear arses for no reason? Single quests that send you to the other side of the map to pick up one object? Grind mobs cause questing doesn't level you up enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by merex760 View Post
    I really hope Cory Stockton gets moved off the WoW project after this disaster. They NEED a shake up badly.
    I agree with the sentiment, but another shake up is the last thing we need. They had one just before WoD and management has been a disaster this entire expansion.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post
    Not really related to this interview, but just to ilustrate my point...

https://twitter.com/Abrosiabi/status/608760502768914433

keep paying more for less, since in this interview they said that the plan going forward is the same model as WoD....
    Keep believing that "they will do better next time" , because we havent heard that before from Wotlk to Cataclysm, from Cataclysm to MoP, and from Mop to WoD..
    keep making guys like this rich, he and the rest of them thanks you.
    Blizzard should have fired him for that remark. Says a lot about what they think of their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Blizzard should have fired him for that remark. Says a lot about what they think of their customers.
    Says more about your intelligence than what they think of their customers if you took it at face value. I hope they give him a promotion/pay raise
    to make people like you's butts so sore you wont be able to sit down for the next decade.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Deleted
    It doesn't say shit. He's interacting with players, over something meaningless, like a human being and not a corporate robot. Get over yourself.

A one patch xpac that we paid more money for.

Blizz has truly sank to EA levels of Dbaggery!

It's called having a sense of humor, dude. Ofcourse there is nothing funny about the quality of this expansion, but developers having a sense of humor is a good thing. It's the reason for all those fun references in WoW.
    As funny as a roadkill.

To me, that guy is just a rude douchebag.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piranhaconda View Post
    It doesn't say shit. He's interacting with players, over something meaningless, like a human being and not a corporate robot. Get over yourself.
    Given how outraged the community is right now, though, it was kind of bad timing.

Sig by Isilrien

Deleted
    Looking at these threads you guys are proving him right.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Ahh it'll be okay. Cause like all other plot threads they'll abandon it and eight Blizzcons away a new red shirt guy will bring it up and they'll be like Gul'ben who?
    That does make me feel a bit better. Thank-you.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Says more about your intelligence than what they think of their customers if you took it at face value.
    If this comment came from someone who didn't have a notorious reputation for elitism, anti-casual rants, and entitlement during his frequent rants on the EverQuest forums, it wouldn't seem so cringe-worthy, but Afrasiabi could well have been serious. This is exactly the sort of thing he's known for by people who remember what he was like when being Big Numbah One Raider got to his head.

Granted, this entire expansion has seen some of the most tone-deaf PR from the lead devs, so I'm not surprised he put something like that out on Twitter in his usual slimy way of trying to seem edgy and funny.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Being satisfied with mediocrity must come easy for you.
    I have over 150 games in my Steam library waiting for me to play them. But I'm too busy playing WoW most of the time.

Hardly touched my PS since I bought it.

You really think I would be doing that if I didn't enjoy WoW?

I like WoW so I play it a lot even in preference to other games. That makes sense. You know what doesn't make sense? Bitching about WoW on the forums all day since you've apparently hated it for years instead of moving on to any one of hundreds of awesome games that you can buy in Steam sales for less than WoW's monthly sub cost.

If I stopped liking WoW I'd just stop playing. It would actually be kind of a relief, I feel so far behind on other games these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't be a humourless whiner.

I would hate it if the devs were afraid to crack a joke for fear of offending snotty players.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2015-07-09 at 03:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I have over 150 games in my Steam library waiting for me to play them. But I'm too busy playing WoW most of the time.

Hardly touched my PS since I bought it.

You really think I would be doing that if I didn't enjoy WoW?

I like WoW so I play it a lot even in preference to other games. That makes sense. You know what doesn't make sense? Bitching about WoW on the forums all day since you've apparently hated it for years instead of moving on to any one of hundreds of awesome games that you can buy in Steam sales for less than WoW's monthly sub cost.

If I stopped liking WoW I'd just stop playing. It would actually be kind of a relief, I feel so far behind on other games these days.

- - - Updated - - -

So being satisfied with mediocrity must come really easy for you...
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro Tagachi View Post
    Looking at these threads you guys are proving him right.
    There's a huge difference between crying and disliking the antics of some cunt.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-