Deleted

Which specs, and why?

I've played Hunter for my entire WoW 'life'. It was my first character.
    I've played all three specs, competitively and casually. I usually play the spec that yields the highest damage, as I'm equally comfortable that I can achieve the 95+th percentile on all of them (I raid mythic). But, I'm actually really quite sad the Survival has become so low.
    Usually, I will play it during farm, after all progress and rankings. But this tier, that simply isn't an option. (Mainly due to the changes to Serpents Sting and the lack of Kill shot). Last tier I stuck with BM because pulling high numbers was fun, but now I've stopped caring. I'm more hoping that Survival comes back to the top.

Which spec do the other hunters on here want to reign on top of the others, and why?

I love MM, and am glad it is back on top.

I played MM on H-Ragnaros, when I was just starting to play hunter (I started the tier before, in T11) after years of playing spriest. Most hunters went SV for the seed cleave, but we had no problems with that and instead had problems on the side of the hammer where there were one or two stray sons, and the add transition going into p3. So I went MM because #CreditToTeam even though it meant my numbers looked somewhat behind because my seed damage was behind as well (but it was such a small amount of the damage being done I didn't suffer too badly). Having to dodge World In Flames while hardcasting Aimed Shot as a dump was hellaciously fun. We didn't have a glyph to cast Aimed shot on the move, we had to toggle between fox/hawk to cast SS on the move, it felt very engaging. And on top of that, we had to maintain Improved Steady Focus (same as SF now, SSx2 to maintain a buff, for a lower amount of time, 8s I believe). Admittedly, we still had arcane shot to dump with if we simply had to, but by late Firelands we were reaching the haste threshold where you default dumped focus with AiS, and maximizing your damage depending on fitting in as many AiS as possible.

That's why I love MM. I still went SV in H-DS when it became the clearly best spec, but the SV/BM fest since then has been really boring to me.

I actually really hate BM, too, because of the pet. It's frustrating when your pet derps because you don't have full control over it, and you know that you play better than your pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    So long as I don't have to be Beast mastery in order to be viable, I'm good.

And if that day comes... reroll. Screw BM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My opinion has been that MM should be for raiding, SV for PvP and BM for soloing/questing.

#BMFOREVER

I don't like MM because of the standing still and the distance thing from the trinket. The trinket mechanic is so odd..

Deleted
    MM the best raiding spec + even on aoe fights you can save barrage for incoming packs and do decent damage, single target wise MM is way ahead of other specs, unless SV/BM get buff i cant see top players playing it.

Deleted
    Mm and bm because survival may as well not exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda11 View Post
    MM the best raiding spec + even on aoe fights you can save barrage for incoming packs and do decent damage, single target wise MM is way ahead of other specs, unless SV/BM get buff i cant see top players playing it.
    Yes but his question was which specs do you wish were good, not which spec is good now.

Deleted
    would like if bm was top again like in mop, fun spec to play compared to mm, im not really bothered about ranks because i know i wont achieve no1 rank spot due to gear diffrence and level of raiding i play at so if i had a choice, i would prefer if bm was top again, others said mm is the top spec but i dont enjoy playing it.
    Last edited by mmoc90c34a72fa; 2015-07-07 at 08:02 PM.

I was playing MM until SV was buffed during HM so I switched. Stayed SV (off spec BM) until end of BRF.

Switched back to MM for 6.2 and I have a new respect for it. BM was so RNG based and I don't know how I played SV without kill shot and cooldowns.

Plus big numbers are always fun..

Deleted
    MM cuz BIS

Deleted
    Personally very happy to see MM as top dog. Hard-hitting physical damage (mostly) spec is my kinda thing