Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    The annoying thing with low level duty roulette is the fact it also limits your abilities to the level intended.

Was so frustrating and jarring having half of my warriors abilities turned off after getting used to a rotation.
    It can be annoying on certai classes -like losing part of your fire-blizzard rotation as BLM, but i still prefer the effect it has on the gameplay over -for example- the timewalker dungeons where you are going into BC dungeons with spells intended for lvl.100 content so even at level its damn near soloable for classes like warlocks or death knights.

Its not a perfect system, but it once again makes level part of the 'difficulty' of content rather than a number you completely ignore after hitting max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    This. One of my favourite memories of Vanilla was doing a BrD clear with a group when the Internet cafe I was in had to close. The guys waited the 15+ mins it took me to get home and back online so we could finish it.

You think any group nowadays would do anything like that?
    Well, no, but thats nothing to do with the douchebag vs. non-douchebag ratio in the game. It's because dungeons were designed to take 1-2 hours to clear and if you lost a person you would have to hearth out, go to your capital city and spam for a new member, then the two of you travel back there on foot (unless you were lucky enough to have a warlock). Even when they made summoning stones work, then it would still require the whole group to go and run back out the dungeon to summon and sometimes that wasn't even possible if you were skipping trash.

Nowadays if someone is going AFK for 15 mins you could have finished the dungeon and be halfway through the next one by the time they would be back. It's nothing to do with whether people are arseholes or not and everything to do with the length of dungeons and tools available to refill lost group members.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    It can be annoying on certai classes -like losing part of your fire-blizzard rotation as BLM, but i still prefer the effect it has on the gameplay over -for example- the timewalker dungeons where you are going into BC dungeons with spells intended for lvl.100 content so even at level its damn near soloable for classes like warlocks or death knights.

Its not a perfect system, but it once again makes level part of the 'difficulty' of content rather than a number you completely ignore after hitting max level.
    Because Blizzard didn't scale the dungeons properly.

When I was level 80 in EQ2 and doing even level 60 dungeons solo -- they h-u-r-t -- even at that max level as they were tuned for parties, not solo. I still needed help for level 55 raid bosses in Sinking Sands, as 1 player still couldn't down the content (maybe they could with avatar gear, but that's like saying the top 10 guilds in WoW and their raid geared players could only down 30 level lower raid content). When they brought the Chronomages in and you could down level the dungeons, ouch. Their mentoring system has the mentor with 33% more ability strength as dying in epic gear for essentially a trash run, is too expensive (WoW is cheap and without the gear penalties especially at 50% -- they didn't have full repair bots in dungeons/raids, so it got to be hard as crap when your armor was at 50% [full repair with a kit]).

You should be able to use your current abilities (to prevent not able to use your current abilities), just they're lowered down to either the dungeon level; or if mentoring, the highest level of the lowbie in the group. It'll satisfy the mentor and players much more.

Ideally you'd go in with the legacy abilities and all (I would love that! I've never changed my stance on those 4.0.1+ healing changes because it took the fun out of healing, it was an active role, not someone so mana or CD strapped they might as well actually watch TV in the dungeon/raid [if not for the AoEs that would healers do, after all when your tank now outheals dedicated healers, why not???]). -_-
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    literally raping the whole instance and gaining crazy exp with zero merit.
    literally raping the whole instance
    literally raping
    When did they add this feature?

How does one do that with skeletons and clouds of ... you know what, never mind. I don't want to know.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".