Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippilongear View Post
    All we did to fix the problem was to make sure to transition back to phase 1 at least 20s before the next Dominator spawns.
    It's not a fool-proof tactic. We thought about this yesterday too, but when we transitioned with 25 sec until next dominator, cleared all the remaining adds and were doing another phase 1, we suddenly got new set of adds even though there were no portals at all.

We had a bit of trouble with the boss after the changes so I put up a video of the fight after the changes.

We just changed our strategy to intentionally allow the boss to phase right after killing the third Sargerei dominator. That let the gifts fall off and stabilized adds. We also found the fight would bug out and spawn adds during phase 1 if we didn't kill the third dominator during phase 2 and went back into construct phase early.

I like that he seems to be aware he's being buffed weekly

"You killed me once mortals, it will not happen again!"
    "I am more powerful than ever!"

Last edited by Nitros14; 2015-07-08 at 07:00 AM.

Deleted
    We had issues on this boss too after the hotfix.

After 10/15 tries we managed to kill him again in only one Phase 2.

General Strategy :

- No CDs on the pull (rip ranking).
    - Put Phase 1 fire trails on one of the possible portal spawn in phase 2 (optionnal).
    - Bloodlust as soon as Phase 2 begins and you are all stacked in the middle or closer to the portal then use you big dps CDs. I prefer stacking in the middle because repositionning the raid when the portal moves in a pain in the ass, and because the ghosts travel route is more predictable this way. However, melee dps can start doing damages a big later with this positionning, and the tank needs to taunt instantly.
    - As the tank using the construct : Put two fire lines close to each other from the raid to the portal : that s enough to slow them all.
    - Put one heavy sustained aoe class on the adds, destruction warlocks are very good at it.
    - The construct tank afk dps on the boss + the dominator when he spawns, and keep his dps spell for Socrethar's soul. The construct only leaves the boss when a new ghost portail spawns .
    - When a dominator spawns : some external CDs work on the construct, but not all of them. We found out vigilance works ( I d like to know if other externals work too if someone knows ). So use it on the 2nd dominator and the 5th (that s about 2 minutes), the first one disappears with heroism.
    Also make your disc priest spam Clarity of Will + PWS on the construct when there is a dominator out (you can think that 300 k shields are pointless but it s not).
    - Don t miss kicks
    - Grab the casters adds and cleave them down, don t let them multiplicate. With 3 of them + 4 gifts of manaari it can really be a pain in the ass for your healers and therefore the raid.

And that s pretty much gg. Collect t18 gloves token.

As the ML, as soon as the boss dies, you want to run straigh to the chest.
    Last edited by mmocd906c32dbd; 2015-07-08 at 09:39 AM.

It seems to me like doing it in one Soul phase is still doable but just actively makes the fight harder rather than doing another phase 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    It seems to me like doing it in one Soul phase is still doable but just actively makes the fight harder rather than doing another phase 1.
    After the nerf last week we made it in two soul phases, but this week we hit it in one. I didn't notice too much of a difference in healing but it definitely got fun to heal towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Vixcis View Post
    Also make your disc priest spam Clarity of Will + PWS on the construct when there is a dominator out (you can think that 300 k shields are pointless but it s not).
    Do shields actually work? Why have I had Words of Mending this whole time?? Can you provide logs to show that shields work?

Deleted
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=34

Shows that vigilance works. Not sure about aura mastery tho.

Our logs from last kill are -oddly- not online. So can t proove it but I assure you disc shields work perfectly fine. For having heard many times on TS our dp say "Okay I spam CoW on the construct now" when dominators were up.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ras&source=247

here u go

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Shields work perfectly fine" is not quite true, seeing how PW:S doesn't work but CoW does. Vigilance and Devotion Aura are also effective. Not sure what else is there, the consruct is definitely "immune" to PS, Sacrifice, Ironbark or Barrier.

It's pretty strange and arbitrary which skill work. Reducing few Exert Dominance casts by 30% can be pretty huge and help kill him in single phase, but then again, why only some cooldowns?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    "Shields work perfectly fine" is not quite true, seeing how PW:S doesn't work but CoW does. Vigilance and Devotion Aura are also effective. Not sure what else is there, the consruct is definitely "immune" to PS, Sacrifice, Ironbark or Barrier.

It's pretty strange and arbitrary which skill work. Reducing few Exert Dominance casts by 30% can be pretty huge and help kill him in single phase, but then again, why only some cooldowns?
    Yeah pws doesn t work.
    It seems that only devotion aura, vigilance, clarity of will, rdruid's mushroom and renewing mist work. And maybe smoothing mist with statue. I don t get the logic either, what is blizz trying to tell us.

Anyway if it s still perfectly doable in one p2 in HM, the MM encounter wil ask for atleast two phases 1.