Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Their "yearly" expansion release goal already fell flat on its face.

WoD was released on November 2014.

Next expansion is barely getting announced on November 2015.

Unless some miracle happens, and the next expansion gets announced this month, beta begins in august, and ends in November.

Which I can tell you right now, is NOT gonna happen.
    Please show me where Blizzard said they were definitely going to have yearly releases. They have only ever said that is their eventual goal and people like you purposely twist that around so you have something to whine and bitch about.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Because it isn't like there was an extended period of time between Wod being announced and it going into beta or anything. Oh wait...

Look at what I said and engage your brain a bit. I said IF the beta starts in January it will release by June.
    You said worst case scenario of january beta, you thinking that's the worst case, again proves the sucker born every minute phrase. But keep thinking things "aren't possible to take that long" just also proves the joke theory of mine in regards to you.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2015-07-07 at 10:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Blizzcon this year is going to be huge. Diablo expansion, WoW expansion and maybe a WoW movie trailer.
    how do you figure a Diablo expansion ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amulree View Post
    I actually addressed your question very specifically, and very comprehensively.
    In your head maybe.

I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is.

Are you?

The most likely course of action is what I described to you.

1) Announcement at BlizzCon.
    2) Beta starting in January and lasting through April.
    3) May release, or later.
    A 4 month beta would be short by Blizzard standards, although not unheard of.

It's obvious that they're going to show up new WoW Expansion in Blizzcon2015, don't be silly guys. Otherwise we'll have to wait really long time... And people really don't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    I know this may come as a shock to some of you haters but the people who are playing Wow are doing so because they want to and because they enjoy it. Not everyone who plays Wow has stockholm syndrome like some here seem to do and can't bear to give up something they hate.
    I think you missed the point.

The point was, if you aren't here for raiding or the people in your guild etc... there are other options on the mmo market that are clearly and objectively better games, and I can't imagine why someone who has 0 interest in raiding and or isn't invested in a guild and the friends they've made in it would choose to continue playing wow vs the clearly better alternatives.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    I wonder if the lack of any 6.4 raid is not an indicator that the team is hard at work with the expansion.
    May be I am too optimistic...but, the other thing I cannot avoid thinking of is the release of the movie. Lots of people have raised the possible proximity between release of the movie and release of an expansion. Considering how the marketting has evolved these days at Blizzard, It makes sense that they would like to maximize the hype at this date so the miracle could hapen in june 2016.

That is for the optimistic point of view...The non optimistic point of view is thinking of the amount of work to make a successful xpack and considered it will be difficult to avoid the "rushed" feeling of WOD if an xpack is released in June 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

The point was, if you aren't here for raiding or the people in your guild etc... there are other options on the mmo market that are clearly and objectively better games, and I can't imagine why someone who has 0 interest in raiding and or isn't invested in a guild and the friends they've made in it would choose to continue playing wow vs the clearly better alternatives.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by gadax View Post
    I wonder if the lack of any 6.4 raid is not an indicator that the team is hard at work with the expansion.
    May be I am too optimistic...but, the other thing I cannot avoid thinking of is the release of the movie. Lots of people have raised the possible proximity between release of the movie and release of an expansion. Considering how the marketting has evolved these days at Blizzard, It makes sense that they would like to maximize the hype at this date so the miracle could hapen in june 2016.

That is for the optimistic point of view...The non optimistic point of view is thinking of the amount of work to make a successful xpack and considered it will be difficult to avoid the "rushed" feeling of WOD if an xpack is released in June 2016.
    They said at the Blizzcon of Warlord's announcement that in order to try and finally deliver on the hope of avoiding long content droughts, they were already working on the expansion after Warlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It's obvious that they're going to show up new WoW Expansion in Blizzcon2015, don't be silly guys. Otherwise we'll have to wait really long time... And people really don't want it.
    There are earlier options, announcement at Gamescom next month for example.

I can't imagine why someone who has 0 interest in raiding and or isn't invested in a guild and the friends they've made in it would choose to continue playing wow vs the clearly better alternatives.
    I can see the appeal in a game like WoW for newcomers, because the age of the game is an asset--there's so much to do. That being said, the community in other games, open world content, customization options, pvp, et cetera outshines wow by a large margin in my opinion...there are a lot of viable alternatives to WoW out there currently, even ignoring other genres that some players might prefer over an MMO (such as single player RPGs).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is.

Are you?

The most likely course of action is what I described to you.

1) Announcement at BlizzCon.
    2) Beta starting in January and lasting through April.
    3) May release, or later.

All the evidence, and I do mean all of it, points to this being the case. The only argument to the contrary comes from bland skepticism that ignores everything and invokes Bertrand Russell's celestial teapot argument.

From here on out, I'm going to offer anyone who wishes to argue with me on this the same terms I've offered you.

Let's find out who's just trying to be argumentative, and who actually believes what they're peddling.

To reiterate:

A store mount and two pets it's not before November this year. Ready to shake on it?
    You people never learn, do you? Just keep eating that grass, sheep. The SAME FUCKING THINGS were said for WoD. 'Oh! But it can't release later than March!' 'June for sure!' September is pushing it, but it'll be here!'

18 months of HFC. 14 with good behavior. Continue serving your sentence, Sheep 56436754 until Blizzard breaks you. And your heart =(

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Because otherwise noone would give a shit about blizzcon.
    I would love to have Blizzard run a Blizzcon with minimal WoW panels and see how well it goes over without their flagship franchise. Maybe then they'll realize putting it secondary to all their other projects/spreading themselves far too thin is a terrible idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

This is like saying that if you like social networks there are better social networks than Facebook, although, no one else is on any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballrug View Post
    This is like saying that if you like social networks there are better social networks than Facebook, although, no one else is on any of them.
    I think that's why he mentioned friends as one of the incentives to stick around...

His point does stand in some ways though I'd argue there's still things other than raiding wow does better than other mmos. But more than that the reason people stick around is cause of how much they've invested into wow and familiar it is.

I can personally tell you that despite the crappy plot holes we've seen in a lot of the expansions, wows universe is still one of the most expansive and interesting ones out there. And that's also why final fantasys doing so well now.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    You act like this game has been like this for 10 years. The reason so many people play is because the game has been in decline for about 4 years now and was great for 6 FUCKING YEARS. ....

I do think too many players are holding out hope that the glory days will be restored though, and most of us have differing opinions on when the "glory days" were. I consider vanilla/TBC to be the best times, while most others consider wrath to be the best.
    So people pay for those 4 "not so awesome" years and still pay because they hope it could become better? ... Thats totaly unreasonable...I would even go that far and call it plain stupid.

Why sticking to something for a longer time you don´t enjoy while there is a ton of other stuff you could enjoy? When WoW suddenly becomes great again you can just hop back there whenever you want.

How long before the expansion announcements did we get the leaks out? I can only remember that we had leaks about MoP and WoD but not when... Might indicate on when we might be getting them again, or there were supposed to be leaks by now and there aren't none, it might show that the expansion is still too far off and we might not get much even at Blizzcon... Only random overhyped features that most of them will be scrapped during the dev process being too far away from release.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    How long before the expansion announcements did we get the leaks out? I can only remember that we had leaks about MoP and WoD but not when... Might indicate on when we might be getting them again, or there were supposed to be leaks by now and there aren't none, it might show that the expansion is still too far off and we might not get much even at Blizzcon... Only random overhyped features that most of them will be scrapped during the dev process being too far away from release.
    The only expansion that had any noticeable "leaks" was cataclysm. For a long while before the actual announcement, a lot of info on the expansion was released already. Part of it true (Thrall stepping down as warchief, garrosh being the new warchief, Horde and alliance being at war once more, world partly destroyed, malfurion being back) and part of it false (Malfurion being back to empower a new guardian of tirisfal, Thrall being that guardian, the world being flooded rather than 2 zones, Garrosh executing cairne for treason rather than in a duel, garrosh expelling all non-orcs from the city, etc). A lot of the stuff regarding the expansion was proven true at blizzcon.

MoP had zero leaks except for the name which was leaked almost half a year prior to the announcement (I remember the name was leaked so far away from blizzcon, that MMOC even had the chance to make an april's fool's post using a modified Kung Fu Panda trailer saying that MoP was the next expansion).

Warlords of Draenor truly and really had zero of zero leaks until the announcement was just around the corner. There was a hoax leak (Legacy of the void) but the actual name WoD was only discovered practically a month before blizzcon, and the actual expansion details were posted by a user here (Allegedly a disgruntled ex-blizzard employee) the day before blizzcon, detailing the expansion such as Grom being the main villain, orcs using tech, gronn carrying cannons, etc.

If blizzard intended to announce the next expansion at gamescom, the name would've surfaced already. Then again, maybe (just maybe) they've gotten better at hiding their trademarks.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Reaver View Post
    In your head maybe.
    No, in this post. It was in clear, unambiguous language, so enough of the playing dumb. Nobody's fooled.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    A 4 month beta would be short by Blizzard standards, although not unheard of.
    I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. It's unlike me, granted, but I hope a welcome change from my usual "hater prose".

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    There are earlier options, announcement at Gamescom next month for example.
    A store pet says they don't announce it there.

Ready to put your money where your mouth is?

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    You people never learn, do you? Just keep eating that grass, sheep. The SAME FUCKING THINGS were said for WoD. 'Oh! But it can't release later than March!' 'June for sure!' September is pushing it, but it'll be here!'

18 months of HFC. 14 with good behavior. Continue serving your sentence, Sheep 56436754 until Blizzard breaks you. And your heart =(
    Relax, and drop the attitude. There's really no need. I never said any of those things about Warlords of Draenor, so I wasn't taken in by it. I've given you what I think is a reasonable set of assumptions, based on what's been said already and what we know of past development cycles.

Same as Soul Reaver and Hitei - are you willing to bet on your predictions?