Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Okay so then it's pointless to even do then...looks like I will just ignore doing that then...will need to find ways to make 20k a month then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Okay so then it's pointless to even do then...looks like I will just ignore doing that then...will need to find ways to make 20k a month then
    Right now, if you want some quick cash, pick up gathering professions like mining, skinning, fishing or herbalism and gather in Tanaan. Sell Felblight. Ensure you're killing your 4 champions of Tannan for chances at Medallions of the Legion. Get your cooking up and craft the 125 stat food. Run your weekly invasions to Plat and sell the expensive auctioneer parts. This is how I'm making my gold at the moment.

You can still make gold via garrisons, just not as much. I don't think it's worth getting 10 going any more, but I'm no authority on making bank. Look for the guy with the jackie chan avatar, he knows what's up. Or, check out Tarou WoW Guides.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    You can still make gold via garrisons, just not as much. I don't think it's worth getting 10 going any more, but I'm no authority on making bank. Look for the guy with the jackie chan avatar, he knows what's up. Or, check out Tarou WoW Guides.
    11 garrisons still bring you 60-70k a week just from treasure missions which is more then a decent amount - you can see nerf effect but if you took care of your treasure hunters you should be still geting plenty of those 200-300 gold missions everyday. what got hit mostly is the amount of 900-1100 gold missions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    You could buy Tier/same ilvl as raid items for VP! You cannot do that with Appexis crystals.
    And Valor Points from doing the same dungeon 5 times and then getting a new item is much better than doing 10 times the same quest and getting low ilvl shit.
    yee this is what hit people most - those 5-6 vp pieces were great power improvements on chars - atm although apexis gear is nice catch up/lfr by-pass mechanism it doesnt offer decent feeling of power progress- which is a shame as it leaves raids as only source of gear - andmost peoplehate raiding with passion and no amount of force used by blizzard will convince them to change their mind - they will rather leave game then go raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I preferred it. I preferred having a currency-based reason to run 5-mans regularly with all of my toons. I preferred the Wrath/Cata gearing over anything we have today.
    Absolutely, and it was never a problem for me that the 5-mans weren't "challenging," because it was fun to chat ... back in the day when people chatted in 5-mans.

They'd have to make the gear ilvl similar to normal difficulty raiding, otherwise it doesn't matter what type of currency they use -- no one will feel inclined to do it.

Deleted
    You trade a character currency (valor) for an account currency(gold,apexis) and then wonder why people is burnout of alts and garrisons.

Its always better to see the hilarious part of it...instead of just getting angry. And this is really fun lol...

Now lets imagine valor were a shared currency on Cata (i.e.): how many days before forums full of "Im fucking sick of doing 7 dungeons with 8 chars every week to get all the valor!!!!!!!!"?
    2?
    1?
    -200? (the day the feature is announced).

Im starting to think the love RNG so much that even the design is made with a dice.

P.S: and yeah apexis is an account currency now,the apexis fragments are BoA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Me too. Even at points in time where I didn't personally need anything purchasable via Valor, I would run things in Cata and use the Valor to buy the BoE epics (i.e. bracers) and sell them on the AH (and they always sold).

They went a little too far, as Blizzard always does, in MoP with the "upgrade ilevels" crap, and as usual over-reacted by then removing the whole mechanism (Valor) instead of tuning it back to where it worked for people.

Blizzard: Here's a Thing.
    Players: Cool. We like this Thing. We can manage this Thing in a few hours a week.
    Blizzard: You like this Thing? Okay here's a lot more of the Thing, and we're removing caps on it so you can do it X much more each day/week. And oh, here are some new ways to use the Thing, to stay competitive with your gear.
    Players: Uhm. I had to play 483 hours last week to keep up with this Thing.
    Blizzard: Thing bad. Removing Thing entirely from the game.
    Players: ...
    I think this hits the nail on the head.
    The blue post quoted earlier in the thread indicates that they thought VP become too widely available in MoP, so instead of dailing back to a system like Cata and Wrath (which worked and worked well, imo) they just took it out altogether. :-/
    When I played in Cata and Wrath, I'd raid on my main, do the odd dungeon to cap out VP and pick up VP gear to fill slots that RNG denied me. I remember in Cata I didn't actually manage to get any tier tokens from raids until the final raid tier, due to a combination of RNG being evil and my shoddy dice. Without VP I wouldn't have even managed to get my 2 set bonuses in the earlier tiers.
    I'd be able to gear alts through Justice, dungeon drops, augmented with some raid-quality pieces available through VP, so they were always lower-geared than my main, but not terribly far behind. I'd have the option to bring an alt to a raid if we were short on a particular role, or hell, if we were just running an alt raid for shits n giggles.

By the end of Cata, I could convert my excess JP to Honor, to pick up PVP gear for transmog (not being able to do that now really irritates me - I'm something of a transmog addict but I hate to PVP).

I just really don't understand the reasoning behind removing JP and VP altogether.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    I think this hits the nail on the head.
    The blue post quoted earlier in the thread indicates that they thought VP become too widely available in MoP, so instead of dailing back to a system like Cata and Wrath (which worked and worked well, imo) they just took it out altogether. :-/
    When I played in Cata and Wrath, I'd raid on my main, do the odd dungeon to cap out VP and pick up VP gear to fill slots that RNG denied me. I remember in Cata I didn't actually manage to get any tier tokens from raids until the final raid tier, due to a combination of RNG being evil and my shoddy dice. Without VP I wouldn't have even managed to get my 2 set bonuses in the earlier tiers.
    I'd be able to gear alts through Justice, dungeon drops, augmented with some raid-quality pieces available through VP, so they were always lower-geared than my main, but not terribly far behind. I'd have the option to bring an alt to a raid if we were short on a particular role, or hell, if we were just running an alt raid for shits n giggles.

By the end of Cata, I could convert my excess JP to Honor, to pick up PVP gear for transmog (not being able to do that now really irritates me - I'm something of a transmog addict but I hate to PVP).

I just really don't understand the reasoning behind removing JP and VP altogether.
    I've had very similar situations on alts who would have only dreamed about getting a 4 piece if it weren't for VP.

To your last question though, I think it goes back to raids and making sure everyone possible is experiencing the content they're so obsessed over. I remember seeing a lot of happy fanfare when LFR was introduced on the forums from people saying "I would have had to wait at least a year to see the final boss because I don't raid but with LFR I can see it when it's relevant, thank you" and I really think that influenced Blizzard's decisions with raid content. When engagement skyrocketed, their eyes lit up.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    They're raiding! They're really raiding! Nuoh my guad they're raiding, so many of them are raiding!
    And maybe now, post-MoP, maybe they see things like "If it's not raiding, it's not relevant in the gear cycle, it's not being seen by the vast majority through 3 different difficulties (now four) so fuck the currencies and let them grind out dungeon-equivalent shit if they want. Raiding is all that matters!"

And then they realized post WoD launch and post 6.1 that raiding is NOT all that matters, and not everyone's endgame or day-to-day goals lie within the confines of a 10-30 person instance. So now we have more Apexis dailies and better things to spend them on, we have scaled-up difficult dungeon content that is very very rewarding, we have a bandaid fix flung at our foreheads.

I think they realized that they, once again, went way too far with their path designed for players to follow. At least I hope so.

But ranty but whatever.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥