Vault of the Earth

Is there any point in that place? You just do one quest and then nothing.

Garrison Campaign, I think?
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Pretty certain it's involved in the Garrison Campaign, since one of the Tanaan treasures associated with it is marked on HandyNotes as only obtainable after completing a certain section of the new Garrison Campaign quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Pretty certain it's involved in the Garrison Campaign, since one of the Tanaan treasures associated with it is marked on HandyNotes as only obtainable after completing a certain section of the new Garrison Campaign quests.
    Which isn't completely true. There's easy way to get past the fire wall.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Which isn't completely true. There's easy way to get past the fire wall.
    All right, sure. I don't doubt that. But how is that relevant?

Handynotes references the Campaign, and implies that the area changes in some way as a result of the Campaign, putting the Vault of Earth into a state where the treasure is intended to be obtained. This in turn implies that the Vault of Earth is involved in the Garrison Campaign, the part that's relevant to the OP's question. I suppose I should have just spelled it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    All right, sure. I don't doubt that. But how is that relevant?

Handynotes references the Campaign, and implies that the area changes in some way as a result of the Campaign, putting the Vault of Earth into a state where the treasure is intended to be obtained. This in turn implies that the Vault of Earth is involved in the Garrison Campaign, the part that's relevant to the OP's question. I suppose I should have just spelled it out.
    holy shit, I was simply pointing it out for other people. Don't need to get fucking butthurt over it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

There is also a mysterious sealed area southeast of Throne of Kil'jaeden, if you fall there you get teleported.
    Last edited by Kharum; 2015-07-08 at 05:34 AM.

Deleted
    Spoilers for the final Garrison Campaign chapter:

Gul'dan is after an artifact called the Cipher of Damnation, which is guarded in the cave at the Vault of the Earth, in order to shatter the orcs' connection to the elements. He did as much in the main timeline. One of his warlocks (Oronok Tornheart) approaches your outpost and tells you to go there. Gul'dan killed all the shamans and elementals, retrieves the Cipher and ports away. You collect some artifacts at the Felforge to bring down the barrier in the northeast. Gul'dan turns a random elemental unfriendly and you have to two-shot it. As icing on the cake, Gul'dan holds a cliché saturday morning cartoon villain speech and ports away again.

It's a disappointment really, and so is the Garrison Campaign.
    Most anticlimactic piece of 'storytelling' yet.
    Last edited by mmoce1f817744b; 2015-07-08 at 07:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a missed opportunity... I think that place would have been great to have some sort of Shaman class quest similar to the Green Fire quest in MoP. Hell the storyline could write itself, Thrall being the "mac daddy" shaman, is dealing with the stress and guilt following the events in Nagrand with Garrosh, the elements of Draenor can feel the shamans pain and are unsable, etc., etc., insert cool fights and mechanics, and add some kind of cool cosmetic reward, and you got yourself some content. I'm very disappointed that there's been no story development following what happened between Thrall and Garrosh, if you kill someone you once considered a good friend, there has to be some kind of guilt.

Although after reading that back, it sounds a bit like the Thrall questline from Cata...

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    and add some kind of cool cosmetic reward,
    You mean like the Shaman-only set they got in SoO?