Legendary Ring going to ruin this tier?

Rings are such a massive game changing dps / death prevention item for the entire raid and most people in progression are going to start getting them next lockout.

Considering this is the last tier of the expansion is anyone else concerned that this tier is going to be mopped up for the majority of mythic prog guilds even sooner than usual... We don't even have an expansion announced... I can't keep 20+ people interested in raiding farm for another year+

The legendary ring is a good alternative to zone-wide nerfs. However, it may be too much of a power boost for 2-day hardcore guilds.

It will be a huge boost, but this tier wont end faster as the others, because middle-end bosses are tuned around the rings. Just look at wowprogress, third week just started and you can still be in top30 with only 5 kills, that's a pretty low number.

I'm more worried about rings making the winner of the WF race. At that play level 1-2 ring in the raid can decide everything.

Is every tier ruined for Method because they clear it in 2 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    It will be a huge boost, but this tier wont end faster as the others, because middle-end bosses are tuned around the rings. Just look at wowprogress, third week just started and you can still be in top30 with only 5 kills, that's a pretty low number.

I'm more worried about rings making the winner of the WF race. At that play level 1-2 ring in the raid can decide everything.
    The odds of finishing the ring this week are pretty slim for anyone. It would be even rarer to see players in the top-5 guilds get them this soon, but I guess we'll find out soon if anyone is that lucky.

Unless Blizzard simply forces tomes to stop dropping for them /s

I suspect it will, yes. Rings are coming much faster than I would expected, just a couple of weeks off now. Almost getting it for the entire tier Then again, they could just hold off on nerfing Gorefiend and it should pose a decent challenge, at least as a gatekeeper

10+ Year Old Account
    Not like hunters cape in MoP was alwas 1-3 of their top damage

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twackycats View Post
    The legendary ring is a good alternative to zone-wide nerfs. However, it may be too much of a power boost for 2-day hardcore guilds.
    Actually, it is not a very "big" buff in the sense that we have seen in zone-wide nerfs before.

The proc gives (at best, at ilvl 795) 43,7% damage increase for 15 seconds for everyone in the raid. It also has a 120 second (2 minutes) cooldown. That equals to an overall "buff" of around 3.5% damage (and healing? I don't recall the proc they have) to the whole group over the duration of a fight. Let's say it's used during burn phases and everything, it will probably be a 5% buff. It's not insane, but it is a slight progression buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiama View Post
    Actually, it is not a very "big" buff in the sense that we have seen in zone-wide nerfs before.

The proc gives (at best, at ilvl 795) 43,7% damage increase for 15 seconds for everyone in the raid. It also has a 120 second (2 minutes) cooldown. That equals to an overall "buff" of around 3.5% damage (and healing? I don't recall the proc they have) to the whole group over the duration of a fight. Let's say it's used during burn phases and everything, it will probably be a 5% buff. It's not insane, but it is a slight progression buff.
    It will be a bit greater than 5% since most groups will align it with cooldowns to burst. I'd assume that it will account for 10-15% DPS increase, maybe even 20% simply due to the stats and the effect when the on-use ends.
    However, the 795 ilvl version is far away. It will take 5 months of farming to get it completed boosted.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post

Gorefiend is a major block once he is dead Guilds will be pretty easy go up to 8-9 within a few hours / or a day

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by desert-wind View Post
    I can't keep 20+ people interested in raiding farm for another year+
    I don't know where this idea comes from that WoW should be required to keep us entertained constantly on a permanent basis. There are other games out there, and other things to do. It's ok to take a break every now and again once you are done with the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I don't know where this idea comes from that WoW should be required to keep us entertained constantly on a permanent basis. There are other games out there, and other things to do. It's ok to take a break every now and again once you are done with the content.
    this doesn't work very well when you want to raid with a consistent team tier to tier, to expansion.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Deleted
    I don't like the idea of 1 year raid so the faster this contents ends the better. I can't wait to be able to unsub

Quote Originally Posted by seijulala View Post
    I don't like the idea of 1 year raid so the faster this contents ends the better. I can't wait to be able to unsub
    "Cant wait to be able to unsub" What is stopping you from doing it now? Content?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiama View Post

It's 43.7% increased damage plus 43.7% of your total damage dealt during the time the ring is active, which actually maths out to a 106.5% damage increase.

On average, that's a 13.3% increase not including that you'll probably be timing the ring with potions and CDs. You're massively underestimating it.

Deleted
    Haha. It's not a job. If it is making you this miserable just unsub now.

Yes I think the rings will largely trivialize the majority of the bosses. It'll be interesting to see if there is a nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    "Cant wait to be able to unsub" What is stopping you from doing it now? Content?
    I do want to kill archimonde mythic but it's really frustrating to know that we are gonna have 1 year (or more) without content. For me is fun to farm a raid when you know that it will be another tier, but it's not fun at all to farm content when the expansion is over. I think (depending when the next expansion will be, best scenario sprint 2016 imho) blizzard should have waited to release 6.2 several months.

I do want to kill archimonde mythic but it's really frustrating to know that we are gonna have 1 year (or more) without content. For me is fun to farm a raid when you know that it will be another tier, but it's not fun at all to farm content when the expansion is over. I think (depending when the next expansion will be, best scenario sprint 2016 imho) blizzard should have waited to release 6.2 several months.
    I agree, one year is a long time. But waiting to release 6.2 wouldn't solve anything really.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    The legendary is going to make a massive difference. Those of us who progress through later M HFC will be killing bosses entirely differently than all the guilds racing through it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by twackycats View Post
    I don’t think it’s a good alternative, because you will get the rings much sooner than they generally start implementing zone-wide nerfs.