Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    The image above can also be said about many of today's first person shooters vs those in the 90's and early 00's. Dang shame...

So according to some posts here, its just the instant gratification kiddies that create their own problems.The casuals cried rivers of tears, then got what they wanted, watered down, everything is skipable, quick-run content. Now of course they are complaining that the game is boring. You dont say...

If the problem is "how do we incentivize players to do an optional boss after they personally have already gotten the reward from that optional boss?" one answer is to make it not too far out of the way and pretty quick to do. For example in wrath, I almost never saw a group in Culling of Stratholme refuse to do the blue drake boss. Heck most groups I was in did it only to find out after the fact nobody needed it. Why? Because it was fun beating the timer to be able to do it, it was a short fight, and it was literally 10 yards out of the way.

But for an alternative solution, I think this is a good place where VP coming back would be really useful. Say a dungeon is worth 75VP on completion; but full clearing the dungeon bumps the reward up to 150. Just like players will run a dungeon for valor, they'll go a bit out of their way to clean up extra bosses as long as it isn't making their grind less efficient. Running out of your way to kill an extra 2-3 bosses but getting double valor rewards for doing so? It's basically like getting two dungeons in one, and I think it'd work pretty well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondwind View Post
    If the problem is "how do we incentivize players to do an optional boss after they personally have already gotten the reward from that optional boss?" one answer is to make it not too far out of the way and pretty quick to do. For example in wrath, I almost never saw a group in Culling of Stratholme refuse to do the blue drake boss. Heck most groups I was in did it only to find out after the fact nobody needed it. Why? Because it was fun beating the timer to be able to do it, it was a short fight, and it was literally 10 yards out of the way.

But for an alternative solution, I think this is a good place where VP coming back would be really useful. Say a dungeon is worth 75VP on completion; but full clearing the dungeon bumps the reward up to 150. Just like players will run a dungeon for valor, they'll go a bit out of their way to clean up extra bosses as long as it isn't making their grind less efficient. Running out of your way to kill an extra 2-3 bosses but getting double valor rewards for doing so? It's basically like getting two dungeons in one, and I think it'd work pretty well.
    It was the bronze dragon, but yeah, good example.

Also in terms of VP or badges, the thing with the bonus for a complete run is a great idea, I don't understand why they don't do that. It makes more sense than to award a bonus for the first run of the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but the majority of WoW players are incompetent...possibly inbred, morons. Looking at you LFR.
    This simply would be disastrous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Sorry but the majority of WoW players are incompetent...possibly inbred, morons. Looking at you LFR.
    This simply would be disastrous.
    Do it with your guild, mate.

Shit this could actually make guilds important again.