[RET] Cooldown mechanic for 2p T18

I am still unclear on how exactly this mechanic works. If i were to use all three of my AW in a row, I would logically thing that I would get all three back up in 2 minutes, assuming that each stack has an independent timer. I am seeing more and more that this isnt the case but i havent been able to nail down exactly how it works.

Like most other stack methods in the game (such as talenting into our two HoS and HoP), the regen timer begins after you first click your first charge. So you would get another charge back two minutes into the fight, assuming you used your first charge of Avenging Wrath, and another four minutes into the fight, and so forth. They are not independent on one another -- the cooldown for one charge is set at two minutes.

Think of it like this, Every 2 minutes after clicking it the first time you have an Avenging Wrath
    2:00, 4:00, 6:00, 8:00

And you have an additional 2 to use wherever you feel it is necessary between those points

That's the basic explanation for it
    Frenzy - Barthilas - Ret Paladin
    Twitch Channel - http://www.twitch.tv/sythirus
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAu...iFqEZf6SKJ-Cpw

You have a 3 gallon bucket of extra spicy retribution wings on your table. Every 2 minutes, the server brings you a gallon of wings. If you pig out and eat all three gallons of wings in the first 90 seconds of your meal you will a) wait 30 seconds for another gallon of wings, then another 2 minutes for the next gallon of wings, and b) vomit EVERYWHERE.

7+ Year Old Account
    generally speaking use it with the ES/LH on CD unless you are holding for a specific fight like gorefiend/iskar/tyrant things like that

Only 1 charge can be recharging/cooling down at a time, same as how Hand of Sacrifice, Freedom and Protection work and every other multiple charge spell for every class.

I try and cast mine every minute to use with ES/LH. I made a couple weakauras for timing it too in the form of progress bars. One counts down from 60s after I cast AW and the other just tracks it while it's up. I also made a big icon to track charges available. I'll take a SS later today and post the strings if you want.

so based on how this 2pc works out how often is it safe to pop off a charge without running dry?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazane View Post
    so based on how this 2pc works out how often is it safe to pop off a charge without running dry?
    If you used it once every 60 sec you can use 5 in a row

You could use 3 in a row on the pull then wait 5 minutes after the last one basically and will have all 3. ITs literally 1 every 2m but you have 2 random extra charges. Not sure why ppl are confused by this.

Cooldowns.

Yeah I have been using 1 AW per ES or LH. Youl could however pool one for certain instances ( e.g. Xhul Burn Phase, Gorefiend Burn Phase, Kilrogg if you go down for buff) and use them back to back for an increase in damage. Now that can change with legendary ring being thrown around.

With FV it's sometimes beneficial to use two charges back to back and the 3rd with the 2nd ES/LH.. eg Iron Reaver where you have pre pot, hero, legendary ring on the pull.