8-10 characters and how to make gold with garrisons

Hey everybody,

I'm about to search on youtube for some Garrison gold making guides, but i was wondering if there is any guide written by a specific youtube user that you guys would recommend over others? I dont want to look at the first one i land on. I want to make sure i'm looking at one that offers good advice, has someone narrating that you can understand, and that stays on topic. Like for example i was looking for raid encounter guides during MoP and i found one where the narrator would go way off topic in the middle of the fight and start talking about their blog for some other completely unrelated game. That kind of stuff is what i want to avoid...basically i dont want any bad guides (bad information and bad presentation).

Second thing...i have 10 characters on one server, 4 on another. Going to start with the one with 10 and i already have 2 that have a tier 2 town hall and tier 2 Inn. I figured i would start recruiting the Treasure Hunter followers first since the recruiting function has a 1 week cooldown. Is that a good move to start out with? The other 8 toons have just planted the flag on the Garrison and nothing else. Should i do the same thing with all of them and go tier 2 TH > tier 2 Inn and recruit all the Treasure Hunters on everybody right away?

The purpose for all of this is just so i can make enough gold a month to cover a sub token. Plus maybe a little extra to cover normal costs for a casual player. That just likes to run dungeons, level low level alts on different servers, no pvp and maybe just a handful of dungeons. If possible i would like to do it all with the minimum amount of Garrison structures per toon.

They nerfed it in 6.2 to where you can't make as much gold. Not too sure how much you can make now but i have 4 100's and don't make really anything unless blingtrons vault pops on my table. Best thing to do is kill Kazzak on all your alts and sell felblights.

Hello,

I will share with you how I am doing it then you can decide for yourself if this is what you are looking for.

The base concept: minimal effort, maximum profit.
    I always hated making gold in WoW (or any MMORPG in fact) as I log on to play and not to work. I realize a lot of players find enjoyment in it but that's not me. So my number one priority was to reduce the required time investment to a minimum and my entire garrison setup is dedicated to this sole purpose. I don't even want to leave the garrison to trap beasts or farm trees.

I have six lvl100 characters, all with the following Garrison setup:
    - Herb Garden and Excavation (lvl3)
    - Town Hall (lvl3)
    - Lunarfall Inn (lvl3)
    - Trade Post (lvl3)
    - Salvage yard (lvl3)
    - Dwarven Bunker (lvl3)
    - Profession buildings (lvl3)

Excavation Site & Herb garden:
    - Farm the herb garden and the mine every day on each character. This will very soon leave you with a large stock of herbs and ore. If you don't want to spend too much time with it you can ignore the mine as the garden will provide you with more materials in terms of variety which is important for the TP.

Trade post:
    -You will use the herbs and ore to keep your trading post running which generates you GR. Although the daily requisite for the TP is random you will find it is really rare to run for 6 days without a herb/ore day. The TP is also very useful for buying crafting materials to fuel your professions (just pay attention to the different traders, they sell stuff for different prices).

Dwarven Bunker:
    - You will use the GR from the TP to fuel your Dwarven Bunker which in turn will supply you with equipment upgrades for your followers (and a free Seal every week).
    - If you reach a point where you no longer need the equipment upgrades, it's up to you really what you replace it with but overall the Bunker will still be a good supplement as the equipment sell to the vendor for a few hundred gold pieces a week.

Lunarfall Inn:
    - Lunarfall Inn - as you have guessed - is a must have. The lvl2 building will allow you to recruit followers, always get followers with the Treasure Hunter trait. What is even more important though is to build Lvl3 as it unlocks Treasure Missions.

Salvage yard:
    - Since you want to maximize your profit from missions you want a salvage yard to get the bags and crates. It's not a lot on its own but eventually it adds up (and though very rare, you can get epics which can sell for a lot, I had some luck with that).

Profession buildings:
    - Keep the work orders running and do your material crafting each day. Also, Jewelcrafting and Inscription give you dailies which yield gold. Once again, it's not a lot on its own but adds up (for example, the JC daily yields roughly 220 gold each day on average, in 30 days that's 6600g).

Once you have everything running the whole process will be very easy and self-sustaining. The materials you get from your garrisons will be enough to keep the TPs running as well as to aid your professions in case you want to make money with them. Should you ever run low on Fur or Leather or even Dust you can stock up from the TP with GR.

I used to make a ton with this setup. Sadly, 6.2 heavily nerfed the income (I never did the exact calculation but I would say nearly halved it) but it still earns me roughly 2000g on an average day, which is still 60k / month. However, running this setup with many characters also has the benefit of having better chances for more lucrative missions on at least one char which will compensate for a lot so in reality I end up with roughly 18-20k per week, more if I get lucky (imagine Blingtron's Vault with 3 toons that all have treasure hunting) all this while I never have to leave my garrison.

Let's not forget what you can get from your professions: with 6.2. I am just mass producing bags, enchants and potions/flasks but that's another story.

Surely there are better ways of making more money but this one is simple and carefree, works for me. Good luck ;-)
    Last edited by Ewyndall; 2015-07-25 at 05:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdn813 View Post
    They nerfed it in 6.2 to where you can't make as much gold. Not too sure how much you can make now but i have 4 100's and don't make really anything unless blingtrons vault pops on my table. Best thing to do is kill Kazzak on all your alts and sell felblights.
    If your alts are 675+ ilvl then those new rare 675 missions easily make up the difference for now if you ask me. Obviously market will be flooded soonish I suppose, but most stuff still goes for thousands of gold. Only the toy seems to have completely crashed so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    If your alts are 675+ ilvl then those new rare 675 missions easily make up the difference for now if you ask me. Obviously market will be flooded soonish I suppose, but most stuff still goes for thousands of gold. Only the toy seems to have completely crashed so far.
    Makes up the difference between pre 6.2 and 6.2? no its give you a little bit of income, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it makes up for it. because it doesn't make up 100k+ a week.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

Deleted
    How many chars is that 100k gold per week calculated over? The newly added missions afaik are (with rough AH values checked just now):
    - exp elixir 4k
    - follower +50 upgrade 1.5k
    - gronnling mount 20k
    - blade toy 400
    - medallion 7k
    - cinder pup 1k
    - oil 2k
    - GR 7k
    - honor/conquest 10k
    - tentacle heirloom trinket (can't be put on AH)

Now I'm not sure about odds of all these missions, but they all seem to pop up fairly random so assuming they have all equal chance we're looking at 5878g average (not counting heirloom trinket). Now getting that once a week means roughly 840g per char per day from these missions. Clearly subject to massive rng given how the mount and toy differ by a factor of 50 in value. And also clear that the market will make these items drop in value sooner or later, but for now I don't think you can claim they're a tiny bit of income compared to pre-6.2 garrison missions gold making amount we lost due to nerf.

The trinket itself is obviously account bound, but the BAG the trinket is in, is not. That can actually be sold on the AH

Deleted
    Incorrect, you can't put lootable items on AH. The bag IS tradeable (as in: you can advertise it in trade, and use trade window to ask gold for it) but it can not be put on AH. I just got my 2nd one and not sure what to ask for it since I can't see AH history, nor do I feel like spending hours on my bank alt trying to get rid of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrisons are still very capable of yielding a good income per alt even after the nerf. The missions are more sparse, true, but I still always seem to earn 600-1000 money every time I check (1-2 times a day). Sometimes 300-400 with one char if I'm unlucky. That's still a lot for doing nothing.
    And this is not counting missions awarding other stuff, like the Medallion of the Legion, which net me 6000 gold.

How many chars is that 100k gold per week calculated over? The newly added missions afaik are (with rough AH values checked just now):
    - exp elixir 4k
    - follower +50 upgrade 1.5k
    - gronnling mount 20k
    - blade toy 400
    - medallion 7k
    - cinder pup 1k
    - oil 2k
    - GR 7k
    - honor/conquest 10k

Now I'm not sure about odds of all these missions, but they all seem to pop up fairly random so assuming they have all equal chance we're looking at 5878g average (not counting heirloom trinket). Now getting that once a week means roughly 840g per char per day from these missions. Clearly subject to massive rng given how the mount and toy differ by a factor of 50 in value. And also clear that the market will make these items drop in value sooner or later, but for now I don't think you can claim they're a tiny bit of income compared to pre-6.2 garrison missions gold making amount we lost due to nerf.
    Yup, but before the patch 100k+ is gotten without RNG. if you had 10+ alt you still get 100k+ a week, no need waiting for a certain mission and no need to use AH.
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2015-07-26 at 03:17 AM.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

Per Char daily:

Inn lvl3 (~300g)
    Barn lvl3 with follower (~150g x 6 = 900g)
    Enchanting building lvl 3 with follower (~100g x 2 = 200g)
    Salvage Yard lvl 3 (~100g)
    = 1500g+

Not counting more professions buildings with Sorcerous etc etc.

You will need 1/2 chars with Trading Post tho, to buy Draenic Dusts when they cost 4-5 GR's.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know that 6.2 has nerfed the gold making of missions. But, i looked at my accountant addon last night just to see how much. This week on my twelve 100s. I made 44k gold, of that most of it was from garrisons. This is with the standard spamming missions and running about on my main. I sold zero items on the auction hall.

All of my characters pretty much run the same setup:
    25 followers with about 8 treasure hunters, 2 grease monkeys and 4 scavengers. (Note: most of these guys are epic 675 geared, some alts are behind on this department)

All buildings level 3 - Inn, Bunker, Dwarven Bunker, Trading post, Salvage yard, Storehouse, 1 profession Building

When I reach 10k resources, I normally buy either fish to keep my main in raid food or other supplies to gear my alts.

I don't really do anything special. I almost always ignore my herb gardens and mines. They simply take too much time. Cycle missions, when you have enough oil on a character run their shipyard.

Note: When I cycle missions I set master plan to reward type and always choose the upper left box. I really don't pay much attention to what I am taking.
    Last edited by Youn; 2015-07-28 at 02:09 PM.

I personally feel the Barn is the best to make money with multiple alts on the Garrison. On my server anyways. They changed it so you will 100% always get a Savage Blood from a Work Order if you got a Skinner working at the Barn.

1 Work order produces 1 Blood + 22 Fur / Leather, whatever you decide to trap (Assuming you got a Skinner assigned to the building). So for me 1 character a week brings in 42 Bloods and 924 Fur (I trap wolves) And instead of dumping my Resources on the Trading Post I jut buy Barn Rush Orders for 1000 Resources each. 5 Bloods and 110 Fur per Barn Rush Order. with prices on my server (Bloods going for 175, Fur going for 2.3g) It's pretty much a 1:1 ration with gold (after AH fees) to resources. Pending how much Resources I get for the week. Across 4 level 100s I pull in a minimum 35k. And that's not including Barn Rush Orders from my Resource gain. I get usually 2-8k resources per toon throughout the week from missions and questing. Last week for instance I made 60k alone on just the Barn with my four 100s.

If you want a large amount of gold. I say go with the Barn. The only problem is you have to farm the traps. But there is constantly groups full time in Nagran on the Premade finder doing Traps so just got to grind it out. And imo is 10000% worth it.
    Last edited by sarym13; 2015-08-01 at 01:32 AM.

The 6.2 drop in gold from Garrisons is really heavy, not done the calculations but it feels like it's about 1/3 of what it was before. Just the cache gold hits hard, since you had a 2missions every 2 weeks giving 4000g each, outside of all the other missions. I guess you can still work the Garrison hard to produce stuff for the AH and make gold, but in terms of missions it is pittance now in comparison to pre 6.2
    Probably running on a Pentium 4