Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ideal expansion?

3 new Races:
    Alliance: High Elves (because I dont play alliance and do not care if you get shafted with essentially the blood model)
    Horde: Ogres, because the alliance got shafted, horde gets a generic race.
    Neutral: Naga

a few raids
    at least 10 dungeons.
    2 new battlegrounds.
    at least 9 new zones.
    A new type of endgame, beyond pvp and and raiding.

Oh, and not fucking over demonology.

This is my ideal azshara expansion. If legion, cut races, add new hero class: Demon hunter.

A huge open-ocean exploration world with rare spawns, tropical islands and hidden treasure. Customizable ship that serves as your "mount" and can also be walked across, recruitable NPCs with personalities of their own but you can only have a limited few crewmates. You can send them on "missions" like garrison ones, but what they bring back is totally random and virtually always cosmetic/fun stuff instead of being a mandatory part of the expansion. Big emphasis on pirates, trolls, goblins, gnomes and no "world in peril" bullshit, instead just make the expansion about the idea of adventuring across the South Seas with a villain being formed over the course of the expansion.

Classes given unique utilities again, Blizzard shifting back to the old WotLK raid model and not being afraid to give classes abilities that might just actually make them fun to play and have real value outside of their roles. Druids get stuff like Innervate back, Healthstones are unique again, more raid buffs/debuffs spread across the "lower dps" specs. I can't speak for everyone but I will say that I liked the old WotLK and earlier model of a ton of raid buffs, a ton of unique utilities and a lot of reason to bring DPS specs that normally would be considered worse DPS. Not "healers will OOM if we don't have a shadow priest" but enough that it feels like you bring something the other guy doesn't bring. "Bring the player, not the class" failed spectacularly in my eyes and is a shit idea for an MMORPG to begin with, MMORPGs should be about cooperative play over competition.
    Removal of several huge "required" abilities between classes like every melee having to have a stun/interrupt and in general just having each class be its own thing with advantages and faults. Design stops focusing on some idea of "balance" that's never going to be achieved and instead about fun gameplay. Boss encounters will naturally be designed around this.

Flying mounts largely restricted but available in some small island zones that encourage it. You get to use every available method of travel: ground, water and flying can all merge together seamlessly and not step on each others' toes, it just needs to be done right.

Arakkoa and Ethereal as the playable races. This goes more into personal preference; I loved both of these races in BC and they give a lot of nostalgia for me. Ethereal would be my favorite race by far, they're so much different than the races we have now. Arakkoa have a culture and appearance that is so much different than any other race we have as well.
    There's the slight issue with faction, and honestly I can't say which would be better. I feel like Ethereal would fit better on Horde and Arakkoa on Alliance, but it really could be a toss-up.
    Ethereal and Goblins would sort of have their own thing as they're both heavy on profit and greed, they'd have a few quest hubs where they butt heads. The Consortium would be interested in potential treasures and artifacts and naturally be interested in the idea of exploration and piracy.
    Arakkoa, developing a distaste for orcs over the many years of not exactly being on great terms with them, seek to broaden their horizons in this new world called "Azeroth" with the Alliance. Their culture and avian apeparance would naturally make them quick allies of Night Elves, allowing the two - as well as Worgen - to have a focus on this expansion. Humans would also get a small spot in Kul Tiras.

While Alliance and Horde would have their own fairly large respective starter cities for the expansion in Kul Tiras and Kezan, the primary city would be neutral and located at the heart of the South Seas, a bay founded by wanderers, pirates and adventurers of all sorts over the course of Azeroth's history. It would be similar to a much grander-scale Booty Bay; a big, sprawling beachside natural bay and a city build on the island, an amalgamation of many different cultures on Azeroth from goblin and gnome machinery, tauren totems, human brick houses and orc and troll huts. This city would be run by a myriad of races who have long forgotten the faction wars, and both respective factions wouldn't care for them or your involvement in them, so you could sort of run there lawlessly.
    There would be a new brawler's guild here where you fight against various notable names across Azeroth in sparring matches, with an emphasis on personal challenge. The bosses would be scaled to your power and what your class can or cannot do.

There would be a "mercenary" mode, but entirely different from what we've seen. You are allowed to go mercenary and ally with the adventurers and pirates of the neutral city in the expansion, and as long as you stay with this label you are allowed to group up with any friends from Alliance or Horde if you so wish and do things like level alts together, enter non-Mythic raids and the like. However, you cannot engage in any sort of world PvP while going Mercenary, and outside of instances/dungeons you are seen as normal by the people in your group and are attackable, etc.

The big focus of the expansion's theme would be on exploration and the appeal of the lawless, dangerous ocean and the exploration of the South Seas of Azeroth.
    Last edited by Irian; 2015-07-28 at 03:05 AM.

If we're going to talk mechanics/features, my ideal:

Main New Attraction
    2 New Races:
    Alliance-Arrakoa (brought back from Draenor)
    Horde-Ogre

OR

Paragon Path: All characters progressing beyond 100 gain a sub-class. You pick one subclass from a half dozen or so Paragon Paths. Each class can pick any Paragon path they want. As you level this sub-class it grants new talent options to your talent tree, and 1-3 new abilities.

Basically the typical Race or Class choice, but instead of a new class, you get a handful of quasi-classes that can be used to customize existing characters. It'd probably be nearly impossible to balance, so new races would be easier, but paragon paths seem like something that has potential to be really awesome so I'm throwing it out there.

PVE Content:
    -3 Raid Tiers. Each tier made up of one raid that is individually slightly smaller than what we've had recently (8-10 instead of 11-14 bosses), but with a few satellite raids with 1-3 raid bosses.
    -10-15 dungeons. The major raid of each tier has at least 2 dungeons associated with it, sharing art assets. Any dungeons not associated with a raid specifically has at least 3-4 'wings'. Basically bring back art asset sharing among dungeons, so you can get a lot more dungeons with fewer art assets. I'd rather have 13 dungeons with 5 sets of art than 8 dungeons with 8 sets of art.
    -Scenarios come back. They're bite sized content that is easy for the developers to create. Ideally I want at least as many scenarios as dungeons.
    -3-5 reputations at launch, with 1-2 extra in each patch. All reputations have a storyline associated with gaining reputation with them, that feeds into the expansion's main story. Think MoP reputations, but with less mandatory stuff locked behind reps, and a wider variety of things to gain rep.
    -Valor/JP comes back. You can buy normal raid equivalent ilvl gear for a specific slot with valor; or for more valor can buy random heroic raid cache that does not include tier, and weapons/trinkets are normal mode quality. Can also Reforge, or add Socket/Warforged/Tertiary with valor, so there is something of interest for anyone from valor, regardless of progression level.

PVP Content
    -1 or 2 new Battlegrounds
    -A new arena map.
    -A new PVP mode that takes advantage of old expansion open world stuff. So you can queue in and get Wintergrasp, Tol Barad, Halaa, Ashran, Taren Mill, whatever others are out there that I don't remember or am not aware of. You could even grab some of the minor open world PVP objectives like the towers in Hellfire. Some of these may need to be tweaked slightly to provide a clear win condition, but basically set these up as 20+ player PVP experiences.

Ship/Dock
    -As mentioned in the other post, a personal ship becomes your new customizable world plaything, filling a similar role to garrisons, but more personal and less private town.
    -Ideally have a bit of dockspace or the interior of the ship to use for displaying collections. Stuff like stables(display mounts), armory(display transmog gear), pet menagerie(display pets), trophy hall(display stuff based on raid/pvp achieves), museum(display rare/pristine archaeology finds), embassy(invite members from exalted factions), etc. You get to pick 2-3 of these and display things you have collected related to them.
    -Shipyard evolves into a true turn based strategy minigame, where your units are persistent on the board, and moving them from place to place takes time, controlling a zone offers benefits within that zone to your character, and if your ships are in the middle of a fight you can sail out to where they are on the map and lend your aid, joining the fight in a scenario.
    -You can assign followers to your ship. Any follower assigned to your ship will show up as a part of the crew when you walk around or get involved with naval combat. Additionally you can choose any follower serving on your ship to act as a bodyguard while out in the world.

Followers
    -Follower missions become more focused on the area you control via the shipyard minigame. The areas being controlled determine what missions your followers have available, and the associated rewards. Basically once you control an area they can go treasure hunting in the area controlled.
    -Rare follower missions (such as the raid cache) function as a scenario, and upon completion you can queue for the scenario to go in with your followers to earn your reward.
    -Many more missions are added that function like the archaeology and honor missions. Which is to say they are super rare to pop up normally, but if you are doing the related content you can gain items to unlock the missions for a greater reward.
    -If your followers fail a mission they are incapacitated or captured. You get a quest to go out into the world where they were at the time to rescue them. This may involve needing to go into a dungeon or raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want another expansion like wrath, with a burning legion story, plus the improvements made in wod (minus the garrison), but with flying enabled at level 110.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Gimme a boat and I'll be content forever.
    World of Black Flagcraft...

...I think I just wet myself...

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't particularly care about the theme of the expansion. There are many suitable themes that would be really cool. I couldn't pick just one. It would be nice though to somehow incorporate the entire world again. It is the WORLD of Warcraft after all.

Playable races: New ones aren't needed in my opinion. If they get implemented, I don't care either way.

Zones: 7 or 8 new zones.

Cities: New faction cities or maybe new neutral sanctuary like Dalaran.

Dungeons: Minimum of 12 new dungeons at start. Must plan to make dungeons relevant throughout the expansion, not just for initial leveling/gearing. Also, post-launch release of more dungeons for max level. Not necessarily all at once, could introduce a couple with each patch to flow with storylines.

Raids: 3 tiers. Minimum of 3 raids. (Assuming they stick to a one year expansion cycle) So approx 4 months per tier.

PVP: I don't really care. I'm not much of a PVP'er.

Garrisons: Nonexistent.

Dailies: Have dailies return, just not to Pandaria's degree. Bring back daily hubs and reps associated with them.

Currency: Bring back valor or something that functions the same. I hate apexis. Award this currency for dailies, dungeons, scenarios, raids, world content, etc.

Side note: Bring back reforging
    Allow flying to be earned after certain point in time much sooner than WoD.

Deleted
    Ideal huh?

Good lore, story.. more RNG and player choices should matter more. Flying fully and permanently disabled, catch up mechanics fully removed(new patch doesn't reset gear). Oh and a big graphics update. Vanilla 2.0, all the old zones revamped, pandas gone extinct and Pandaria had oil so it was invaded and completely destroyed by the oil gods. You can never go back there again, it's gone, forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Ideal huh?

Good lore, story.. more RNG and player choices should matter more. Flying fully and permanently disabled, catch up mechanics fully removed(new patch doesn't reset gear). Oh and a big graphics update. Vanilla 2.0, all the old zones revamped, pandas gone extinct and Pandaria had oil so it was invaded and completely destroyed by the oil gods. You can never go back there again, it's gone, forever.
    Are people still hating on MoP? I thought that was over with...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Are people still hating on MoP? I thought that was over with...
    I actually enjoyed MoP. The theme and zones sucked but it had great content. I was able to get past the theme because it had stuff to do. I was really hoping WoD would have the content of MoP but with a better theme. Unfortunately that wasn't the case.

Deleted
    Tauren/Elf expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Gimme a boat and I'll be content forever.
    But what kind of content will you be?

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Actually I'm not sure anyone even thought of this, couldn't we have both a Legion and Azshara Expansion at the same time? I mean she managed to Summon the Burning Legion once, can't she find a way to do it again...? Even if they just teased it like in WoD.
    Oh please no.. I really am sick of the legion and azshara is strong enough to be the entire threat of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningBurns View Post
    Oh please no.. I really am sick of the legion and azshara is strong enough to be the entire threat of the expansion.
    Actually I'm a little tired of the Legion too. Out of everything in the Warcraft Universe, I've really never cared for the whole "Burning Legion-thing". It just makes Lore too unnecessarily complicated.

10+ Year Old Account
    South Seas with Demons. Lots of Pirate themed stuff for Transmog.

Bard and Demon Hunter Class.

New Polymorph forms.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    An expansion with the amount of contant wrath had, up to current standards. Is that so much to ask?
    -slow clap while nodding-

Seriously, Wrath was awesome. So many zones, so many dungeons, and mucho raids. Not to mention loads of factions and a nice number of dailies (could've used a few more). Bring it up to current standards, at vignettes and events and it'd be great.