Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    I'm starting to love the idea of Furbolgs as an Alliance race, especially if they get reimagined to be bolder and more humanoid-like.

You just lost The Game

I could see Vrykul and Furbolgs representing differing sides of real-world cultures. I could see furbolgs representing a more Gaelic-like culture, of course dwarves share some Gaelic and Norse undertones, Furbolgs could represent a more tribal Pre-Roman Gaelic type culture with tribal paint, spears and swords and tribal clothing with a mixture of brutish armor. They (and Azotha) could also fit the gentle giant (especially Polar Furbolgs; do you know how big Polar Bears are!?) and barbarian archetypes that the Alliance is kind of missing. Azotha kind of fit the Human Barbarian-Type and could draw some cultural basis from Norse and possibly even a bit from Sub-Saharan African-warrior culture.

Vrykul could embody a sort of dark-side of Ancient Norse Culture. Rape, Enslavement, Greed, Raiding and extortion. You could really show the dark side of Vrykul, but also add a RP Norse Fantasy, small coastal and forest villages with gigantic men with long braided beards, eyeliner and axes walking around and beautiful tall women. Lore-wise those, I'm pretty sure Vrykul women are mostly assigned to taking take of the house, but I'm not 100% on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Gilneans were in the Alliance at one time... You know that right?

Pandaren assisted the Alliance more than than Furbolgs.

Draenei fit in the Alliance thematically.. but they couldnt have had much relations with the Alliance considering they crash landed.

A lot of the stuff you mention is over-exaggerated or I've never really heard it. "Safe passage" .. that just means they won't fight the Alliance. (Because the Alliance essentially saved them). Offered trade? When?

I don't agree they fit many criteria at all.. except that they exist in the game..
    Of course I know they were in the Alliance at one time, so were the people the Lordaeron, but they joined the Horde. In fact, Gilneas didn't even need to rejoin the Alliance, they were pretty much annexed into the Alliance by the Kaldorei. Before you say that the forsaken were turned away for being undead, the worgens themselves aren't in a better position. Worgen themselves are a mongrel race, no different from Gnolls or Troggs. Simplistic, Instinctual brutes, Gilneas only gave them a slightly more viable chance to join the Alliance.

Pandaren also assisted in the building of Orgrimmar, pandaren are just a lawful good race that helps everybody.

So I basically correct about draenei....

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Parkat_Steelfur

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Ergh_of_the_Stillpine

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I'm starting to love the idea of Furbolgs as an Alliance race, especially if they get reimagined to be bolder and more humanoid-like.

Yeah, well furbolgs themselves could add the tauren element to the Alliance, a gentle-giant, Nobel-savage type of race.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I could see Vrykul and Furbolgs representing differing sides of real-world cultures. I could see furbolgs representing a more Gaelic-like culture, of course dwarves share some Gaelic and Norse undertones, Furbolgs could represent a more tribal Pre-Roman Gaelic type culture with tribal paint, spears and swords and tribal clothing with a mixture of brutish armor. They (and Azotha) could also fit the gentle giant (especially Polar Furbolgs; do you know how big Polar Bears are!?) and barbarian archetypes that the Alliance is kind of missing. Azotha kind of fit the Human Barbarian-Type and could draw some cultural basis from Norse and possibly even a bit from Sub-Saharan African-warrior culture.

Vrykul could embody a sort of dark-side of Ancient Norse Culture. Rape, Enslavement, Greed, Raiding and extortion. You could really show the dark side of Vrykul, but also add a RP Norse Fantasy, small coastal and forest villages with gigantic men with long braided beards, eyeliner and axes walking around and beautiful tall women. Lore-wise those, I'm pretty sure Vrykul women are mostly assigned to taking take of the house, but I'm not 100% on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course I know they were in the Alliance at one time, so were the people the Lordaeron, but they joined the Horde. In fact, Gilneas didn't even need to rejoin the Alliance, they were pretty much annexed into the Alliance by the Kaldorei. Before you say that the forsaken were turned away for being undead, the worgens themselves aren't in a better position. Worgen themselves are a mongrel race, no different from Gnolls or Troggs. Simplistic, Instinctual brutes, Gilneas only gave them a slightly more viable chance to join the Alliance.

Pandaren also assisted in the building of Orgrimmar, pandaren are just a lawful good race that helps everybody.

So I basically correct about draenei....

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Parkat_Steelfur

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Ergh_of_the_Stillpine
    Vrykul Women are definitely Warriors too, based on what we saw in Northrend.

But to mention again, Vrykul would have to be a brand new race completely separate from Humans. They are to Humans what the Ogres are to the Orcs.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Vrykul Women are definitely Warriors too, based on what we saw in Northrend.

But to mention again, Vrykul would have to be a brand new race completely separate from Humans. They are to Humans what the Ogres are to the Orcs.
    Yeah, I see your point. Maybe with Vrykul women they play a role as both warriors and housewives? This WoWpedia post sort of implies that vrykul women play at least some role within the household. Which again isn't that far off from Norse reality as Viking women were generally the Mistresses of the House and would be brought into war by their husband's side quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWpedia
    In vrykul culture, it is the woman of the household who keeps all the keys, often displaying them prominently to show her status

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind having some subraces in the game. Would be nice to see some variety when you're running around. I don't really agree with vrykul as a playable race though.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I wouldn't mind having some subraces in the game. Would be nice to see some variety when you're running around. I don't really agree with vrykul as a playable race though.
    That's okay, thank you for the feedback

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so what does everybody think of Yaungol then? Let's discuss a little about them because they would be tricky in lore a little.