Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I'm pretty sure they can fix the LFR queue times by letting hunters tank and heal.
    Giving Rogues, Hunters, and Mages a second spec should have happened five years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I let both my subs expire.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    My healers get in within about 10 minutes, but my dpsers (I've queued LFR with a ret pally and a hunter in recent weeks) all wait between 1 hour and 3 hours. 90 minutes to 115 minutes is about average for them to get in. I'm not tanking this xpac but friends say they're instant.

And yes, sometimes once I get in it's clearly got a lot of one or two classes in it - but I think that at some point, the system decides you've been in queue "too long" and starts putting you into groups regardless of class mix (tanks and heals notwithstanding, gotta have 2 and 5 of those).

But it can, and will, sometimes make you wait 2 hours before it decides to let you in with 12 other ret pallies.
    Wait. Why does it matter if you have a LFR will 2 pally tanks, 6 pally healers, and the rest Ret pallies? If this is the reason why LFR for dps is so long. Blizzard is more stupid than I though. LFR doesn't need to have an even spread for classes..... It should just grab two tanks, 6 heals, and the number of DPS and go!

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    "I don't think it's likely that I'd ever go back though," is such an interesting response at the end, because it's so open ended as to his reasons.
    Most likely because of the way the player base treated him when he was working there. Honestly, as a paladin since BC, I don't miss him...it's been a shit xpac overall but relatively good for paladins of all flavors, especially prot.

Quote Originally Posted by provaporous View Post
    flying is bad for the game, just be glad you whiners will get pointless flight for a few months.
    I dare you to go farm the Archaeology meta-achievement without flying.

I was subbed through until the end of 6.1 and completed the LFR Legendary Ring requirements on 5 alts (yes, I'm a masochist). I never remember the queue times being remotely as long as people are complaining about and which Blizzard has also acknowledged. There is no reason to believe that Blizzard made any changes to the queueing mechanism between 6.1 and 6.2. The longer queue times in 6.2 are then, most likely, the result of a pretty significant decline in participation in LFR which itself is probably linked to a combination of 2 factors: 1) due to the Legendary quest being tied to both LFR and Shipyards players can't be bothered to to conclude the quest chain on multiple alts due to the poor design of the shipyard and/or 2) a dramatic drop in subscriber numbers.

Can't know for sure until the quarterly numbers come out but having to tweak the LFR queue algorithms less than a month after the release of 6.2 suggest those numbers won't be good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    It should just grab two tanks, 6 heals, and the number of DPS and go!
    A small feature takes them years. What do you expect from them?

They promised flying shortly after 6.2 and there go the months...
    My mouse is on the buy button for this expansion but I cannot do that while flying is not available...

Gonna wait for Paragon's video, it's always epic. Method videos are pretty bad, people talking ruins it =p

Long lfr Queue times?Just do it on reset day.Usually 20 min wait time.

Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    chaud I find it funny you posted the news right as something people could bitch about happened, leading you to post it at a time news very rarely goes up. Seems you want to feed to horrible culture of hatred and circlejerking on these forums.
    really dude? How is your free entertainment from this site going for you? Maybe you should stop calling out one of the site admins?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    I was subbed through until the end of 6.1 and completed the LFR Legendary Ring requirements on 5 alts (yes, I'm a masochist). I never remember the queue times being remotely as long as people are complaining about and which Blizzard has also acknowledged. There is no reason to believe that Blizzard made any changes to the queueing mechanism between 6.1 and 6.2. The longer queue times in 6.2 are then, most likely, the result of a pretty significant decline in participation in LFR which itself is probably linked to a combination of 2 factors: 1) due to the Legendary quest being tied to both LFR and Shipyards players can't be bothered to to conclude the quest chain on multiple alts due to the poor design of the shipyard and/or 2) a dramatic drop in subscriber numbers.

Can't know for sure until the quarterly numbers come out but having to tweak the LFR queue algorithms less than a month after the release of 6.2 suggest those numbers won't be good.
    The bad queue times are specifically for Hellfire Citadel. I can queue dps for the 6.0 raids and get in pretty quick. HFC takes an eternity, and that's where they have acknowledged the issue with trying to limit the class mix too much.

15+ Year Old Account
    as i see it, LFR queues are long for the following reasons:
    1. quite a lot of those that did LFR for gear no longer bother, tannan give better itemised and higher ilevel drops.
    2. with the introduction of renewable stone, the raiders who went for stones (and the sellers that acquired stones for those who did not care to run LFR) are no longer bothering with it.
    3. the abuse heaped on healers (and tanks) in LFR these days is amazing, speaking from the PoV of having 2 fully geared tanks, i'd rather wait for 3 hours and take a spot as a dps then suffer through the "heroics" of the Go Go crowd, the ninja pullers, the "I stand in the green goo and who won't you heal me!!!" heroes and all the other asinine behaviours which comes from the fact there are no consequences for bad behaviour.

a special point regarding the legendary quest, I think lfr participation will drop very fast in a few weeks once most people have gotten past the tome phase, i can honestly say that if not for that phase i wouldn't set foot in HFC lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post

This is certainly true in my case. In Mists, I completed five cloaks because I found the LFR fun enough and rewarding enough for my alts and I liked the visual effect. This expansion, I have zero alts on the legendary quest, and I get my books from normal, so the only time I go is to help out a friend or something. For myself and among people I know, at least, we are doing LFR much less this expansion.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

'Intended roll'? Seriously.

This will be tied to the new rares in Tanaan Jungle. Remember I said this. And it will require the Master Hunter's Seeking Crystal, if only to keep beating that horse.