Please help our DPS Warriors

Hey all,

I'm a guild leader, and our two warriors have admitted they feel like they are struggling sometimes. I wanted to see if you guys could take a look at our logs or point us in the direction of some additional resources for dps warriors (they have already reviewed the guides posted here).

Thanks for your help!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...hgCFaL#fight=7

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...kLwJfV#boss=-2

Only had a few minutes to do a quick run through of the logs, but a few things that jumped out for me:
    Strength Potions- Nearly every fight both warriors only used one or sometimes zero strength potions, making good use of this, typically during execute phase, is huge.
    Talents- Several fights where they were running Avatar/Stormbolt where they could have made use of bladestorm, Iskar was one example.

For Diakatana, if he has the option wearing the T17 4 set is far better than wearing the two 2 sets.

Will try to take a closer look at rotation etc. later when I have more time. Good luck!

7+ Year Old Account
    DiaKatana problems:
    - His higher damage weapon needs to be in his offhand
    - Using 2 set and 2 set is the worst setup, they need to stick with T17 until they have 4 set T18 and about 7ilvl increase from it
    - They should be using an on use trinket with T17 4 set
    - They should be taking bladestorm on Iskar unless you already have an overkill amount of aoe damage
    - They need to enchant crit to their ring and neck
    - Need to use D stance and not stand in fire (Iron Reaver death is an obvious example)

Tindwar problems:
    - Weapons need to be swapped
    - Should not be taking blood bath on single target fights like Iron Reaver
    - They aren't using berserker rage to fill gaps in their enrage uptime - they need to be
    - They need to be lining up recklessness better, they aren't using it at around the 2 min mark like they should be (lining up with avatar)
    - Bladestorm on Iskar again
    - They didn't pop recklessness on their opener on Kormrok
    - TAKE ENRAGED REGEN

General problems:
    - They should be always enraged before using bladestorm
    - Need to play arms on Council
    - They need to be making sure to burn enough rage off so that recklessness is coming off CD (using Anger management) within 135 seconds (they are pretty far behind on some fights)
    -Don't use bloodbath as fury unless they have T18 4 set
    - Use D stance to not die
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Thanks for this awesome feedback! I will pass it on and have them let me know if they have any questions. I really appreciate it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorthalis View Post
    DiaKatana problems:
    - His higher damage weapon needs to be in his offhand
    - Using 2 set and 2 set is the worst setup, they need to stick with T17 until they have 4 set T18 and about 7ilvl increase from it
    - They should be using an on use trinket with T17 4 set
    - They should be taking bladestorm on Iskar unless you already have an overkill amount of aoe damage
    - They need to enchant crit to their ring and neck
    - Need to use D stance and not stand in fire (Iron Reaver death is an obvious example)

Tindwar problems:
    - Weapons need to be swapped
    - Should not be taking blood bath on single target fights like Iron Reaver
    - They aren't using berserker rage to fill gaps in their enrage uptime - they need to be
    - They need to be lining up recklessness better, they aren't using it at around the 2 min mark like they should be (lining up with avatar)
    - Bladestorm on Iskar again
    - TAKE ENRAGED REGEN

General problems:
    - They should be always enraged before using bladestorm
    - Need to play arms on Council
    - They need to be making sure to burn enough rage off so that recklessness is coming off CD (using Anger management) within 135 seconds (they are pretty far behind on some fights)
    -Don't use bloodbath as fury unless they have T18 4 set
    - Use D stance to not die

i agree with you on everything but why should they swap weapons? they are not playing FS
    did i miss something?

greetz

Quote Originally Posted by Rykoboyzz View Post
    i agree with you on everything but why should they swap weapons? they are not playing FS
    did i miss something?
    People don't realize how much they lose in execute damage when they swap like that. They typically sim within ~75 dps of each other because you gain and lose damage in areas with both. If you're running t17 4 set though, you really shouldn't as reck + exec is more damage than reck + ws. That's of course, if the fight allows you execute for the entirety of reck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonconrad View Post
    People don't realize how much they lose in execute damage when they swap like that. They typically sim within ~75 dps of each other because you gain and lose damage in areas with both. If you're running t17 4 set though, you really shouldn't as reck + exec is more damage than reck + ws. That's of course, if the fight allows you execute for the entirety of reck.
    Considering that they both were dying before execute phase most of the time and on single target WS was still their top damage by a mile I considered moving the higher damage to the OH better.

If they played better I would agree that they should keep the higher damage in the MH.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Does it look like their rotation/skill priority is being done correctly? Tindwar is concerned that she is missing something in that regard?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorthalis View Post
    Why would you pop Reck at the start on Kormrok when 5 seconds into the fight he leaps away from you? That's stupid.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Why would you pop Reck at the start on Kormrok when 5 seconds into the fight he leaps away from you? That's stupid.
    Because he's only gone for 2-3 seconds unless you're positioned badly. Losing 2-3 seconds of reck may sound crazy but by delaying it all the stuff that procs on the pull will fade, so the comparison is 7-8 seconds of reck with everything blown and/or up versus a full 10 seconds of reck with most stuff on ICD. You only really lose a couple of GCD's which are made up for by the ones you do get being supercharged, it's been tried/tested and delaying reck for the leap is a net DPS loss (same goes for Hero).

dying seems to be the main issue here, if you die you can't do any damage so maybe they don't understand the fights correctly?