Any tips for Kilrogg with 10-11 people?

Attendance issues have really hurt my raid and we routinely will only have 10 or 11 people on any given raid night. This gives us some problems with Kilrogg as the general consensus seems to be that it is rough on the small raid sizes. We've been running into the same problems that most other groups seem to have, namely difficulty with add control when people are in Visions of Death. We have been running with 3 healers. I've seen people suggest dropping to 2 healers and we did try that for a pull last week, but with little gained. We kind of just winged it, though, so perhaps with more thought put into it things might turn out differently. When trying to 2 heal, what are the merits of sending a healer down for Visions vs. not sending one down? I've seen it suggested both ways. If we don't send a healer down, I'm worried that we're left in pretty much the same shape for add control while the dps are away and that Fel Corruption will get out of control. If we do send a healer down, then I'm worried about their ability to keep up with healing until the other healer gets back. Any insights into which might be the wiser path would be appreciated. Another thing suggestion I've read and intend to try next week is to pop hero when the first Visions group goes down and then again if possible for when they get back. The idea being to power through the first difficult add period with hero and then relying on buffed dps to handle future periods.

Logs would be linked here if I could. If you believe that looking at logs may help you help us, you can find us at Warcraft Logs. We are Aegis on Galakrond (US) and this is pertaining to the Sunday raid.

A couple notes. I very much like the group of friends that I raid with so sitting people is not really an option (not that it would help in this particular case anyways). Also, I would like the success of clearing these fights to be earned by ourselves, so picking up extra people via the group finder is also not something I would like to consider. I know that these choices can really limit our ability to clear fights, but they're important to me and seem to be agreed upon by the rest of the raid.

If you have any further suggestions, I would definitely welcome those as well. We've been roadblocked at Kilrogg for two weeks now and failing for a third week when I see other groups of similar quality but larger quantity breeze through to later bosses might be fatally demoralizing to the group. Thank you for taking the time to read this and happy raiding!

7+ Year Old Account
    Is the solution to send 3 dps down in the vision then just wait for a call by the rest of the raid to die iin vision and come out early eeven without the 20 stacks. Not sure what sending a healer in gets you but if you can't kill the adds just sending three dps and have them focus on the adds would be ideal imo

- your tanks getting the schredded armor debuff, that shouldnt happen
    - hulking terrors not getting interrupted / living too long and then their casts going through

you could try to tank the boss alone, and let one of the tanks go dps for more add control or healing if needed.
    your paladins should use Hand of Protection for the first heartseeker debuffs, until the first healer gets back with the +healing buff.

The DPS on your sunday group is ultra low. Neither of the rets know their rotation and just seem to spam whatever their fingers manage to hit. @690+ they should be reaching 40k+ while theyre sub 30k.. yet theyre near the top DPS for the group.
    The others very likely need a check on how to play their classes too as lots are 690+ and pulling 25k and less.

You have too many melee. Ranged makes this fight much easier to pick off adds but you only have 2, yet you're sending 1 of them into visions so then the only other ranged out there is left on add duty since next to none of the melee will stop training the boss to kill adds in the back until theyre close which is too late for bloods & bloodthirsters.

If you want so many melee they have to focus adds then most of the boss damage will come from those getting out of visions, which you should be sending melee to.

Your DK tank also isnt mitigating shred armor properly to avoid it so he's taking a shitton of extra damage which stresses the healer, especially if 1 goes into visions and a solo healer is left out to save the tank and the raid

Here are the logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mmary&fight=33

So, you guys are not positioning optimally for the fight.

Some DPS are doing less damage than the tanks, and in overall they are low.

You need to send a healer at least skiping one vision to manage the corruption.

Interrupt and focus adds. This fight is an ADD fight, not a boss one.

I hope you guys kill him

Deleted
    We had significant issues with Kilrogg. We were running with 4 melee and 2 ranged. For ranged, the adds became a nightmare. We then decided that adds were everybody's responsibility. Melee had to run to the adds and nuke. The boss was the lowest of priorities. After that tactic change we killed him on the second pull.

Pug some DPS from the LFG tool.

It's pretty embarrassing how huge the jump in difficulty from Council to Kil'rogg is with a small group.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Deleted
    On our first nhc kill with 10 people we ignored the vision completly. Just burst the big add down and swap tanks so no one gets overtaken. Then priotize the runner add over the blod. One red blood won't kill you if it get through, just don't let the green come through.

PUG some DPS.

I wiped more than 25x with my old guild on Normal Kilrogg with 10 players which made me quit the guild. We just couldn't do it with so few ppl. It's just near impossible when 3 ppl have to go in every vision and you have 3+ adds spawning outside at the same time.

I've killed him every week (plus on Heroic, too) since I joined my new guild (which has 18+ ppl every raid night).

Killed it on HM with 11 players (1 range, a warlock, had a dk for grip tho). Make sure melee go for adds too when they get close or have a high mobility/good switch melee help on adds too. And if your healers don't suck, you can have some red blood reach the boss if you have to kill other adds.

EDIT: Also we went in all the vision, sending : healer 1, the warlock, random melee. and then : healer 2, melee that switched on adds, random melee.

When the range is down , make another melee go for the adds. If you have enough range (at least 2 lol) send one each time.
    Last edited by panda142; 2015-07-31 at 01:46 PM.

When we have a small group, we use lust on the outside for the 2nd set of adds since you don't have anyone with the visions buff yet. Then if we have another lust we'll use it on one of the groups that comes out. This helps a lot since the hardest part of the fight is that 2nd set of adds due to having people in the visions but no one outside with the buff.