Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I admit my first thought was "But I don't think Blizzard is physically able to make TOO much content..."

I wish that they'd return to the idea of making lots of dungeons with existing assets. BC did a great job of a diversity of dungeons. It'd also be nice to start having smaller raids with a few bosses per tier instead of a single giant instance. But these are silly hopes and dreams that I have.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Opposite 1: Flying will be extremely important in next expansion. Expect flying from level 101 and battles and all that, spells that can be cast on air too.
    So all zones will now be Vash'jir?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Opposite #76: Blizzard will finally realize that PvP is the endgame of men, and spend their time balancing it. They'll treat it as a legitimate way to play the game.
    Dohohoho, good one Wildberry!

But seriously, I'd expect more solo content to be in the game, compared to WoD where most of the stuff to do was raids.

none of those seem the least bit lily to happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Opposite 4: Players will not be stuck in their own house. *fingers crossed*
    There will be so much to do in the world, you will barely have time to hearthstone back to your bind point when you log out.

/I can only hope.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Dohohoho, good one Wildberry!
    I know, I shouldn't make these jokes. They still won't separate PvP and PvE, and Brian "Father of Ashran" Holinka still works there.

Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    #2 will never happen, unless you think regressing to 90's game design is a smart business choice (it's not). Also, I think you're confusing the word complex with tedious.
    Regressing to 80s game design seems to have worked out alright for them, why not go back up to 90?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'm saying they 180 on three subjects:

1. No AU, we go to a new part of Azeroth
    2. No surprise villain change.
    3. More to do outside raids, raids get smaller to compensate.
    That sounds suspiciously like something I'd want to play, I don't know about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't tell that to Blizzard.

They keep saying they can't do more Heroics as it takes away from Raids.
    Well the Raiding and dungeons team does work on raiding and dungeons, as the name suggests. Heroics are in fact dungeons. It does make sense that more heroics = less raid bosses, given the same level of productivity from the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Disclaimer: *Soon* is a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment. *Soon* may not actually occur soon. *Soon* will occur sometime between right now and the heat death of the universe...probably... We COULD make *Soon* occur sooner, but it would cost you a raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestar463 View Post
    Well the Raiding and dungeons team does work on raiding and dungeons, as the name suggests. Heroics are in fact dungeons. It does make sense that more heroics = less raid bosses, given the same level of productivity from the team.
    I would love to see a massive expansion of that team in particular. it's the primary effective content for everyone outside of levelling and endgame optimization.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I would love to see a massive expansion of that team in particular. it's the primary effective content for everyone outside of levelling and endgame optimization.
    Yeah! Expansions should feel like full games, not expansion. We have to pay full game price anyways. Imagine they made expansions that had as many zones, dungeons, and raids etc... as vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    Maybe this time they'll do the opposite and do everything the same

That's the best post in the world.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    Yeah! Expansions should feel like full games, not expansion. We have to pay full game price anyways. Imagine they made expansions that had as many zones, dungeons, and raids etc... as vanilla.
    I'd just take something the size of vanilla EK.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post

You may have a big point over here. Didn't people expect an underwater expansion? Well, "water" can be DIRECTLY be translated to air in gameplay.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if they will consider going the player-created dungeons route. Naturally it would be extremely limited and basically barren of story, and the assets used would have to fit within the expansion's theme, but it could be a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Or.... spaaaaace......

"You too, can have your own Exodar!!!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    "You too, can have your own Exodar!!!"
    Exodar was merely one of four wings... Tempest Keep revamped as intro raid confirmed!

What about 10 bosses?

Right now we average 14, Cata averaged 8. Let's just split the difference.
    Personally I'd go with a main raid with 8 bosses, and a couple minor raids with 1-3 bosses, for a total of 10-11 bosses a tier.

That said I'd also like to see dungeons that share art assets with raids, so we can get more dungeons. I think since everyone flipped out about Dragon Soul having a bunch of reused assets/models, they've shied away from reusing things, and that's cost us a lot of content as they can still only put out the same total amount of artwork. I'd rather have 15 dungeons in an expansion with only 1-2 sets of assets unique to dungeons (and even those there should be multiple dungeons sharing those assets. Think of all the dungeons that used to have 3-4 dungeons in the same general area like Auchindoun); than have 8 dungeons in the expansion but each of them be totally unique and different.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Opposite #7: Blizz will entirely sideline the raiding game in a bid to focus on a deep, expansive and engaging (and long-term relevant) five-man casual-friendly experience.

LOL
    If done well, and really emphasized being out in the world and really progressive content that might not be a bad way yo go at all, though I think there would be some 10 man content like Karazahn as well.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    If done well, and really emphasized being out in the world and really progressive content that might not be a bad way yo go at all, though I think there would be some 10 man content like Karazahn as well.
    Just as a mental exercise I'm trying to imagine a series of giant BRD-style 11-or-12-boss dungeons that implemented and built upon group scaling tech, and once you got past X# of people in the group the loot quality would bump up from rare to epic to epic-plus-a-tier etc, while adding new mechanics to deal with etc to keep the raid kids happy.

Dailies. Everywhere.

I think they will keep the flying system they have now (Achieve from doing all outdoor stuff).
    I think they will focus their promotion around having lots of world content.
    I hope they will announce that facebook games are a WoD thing and not a thing tha now has to be in every expansion.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."