Why are so many people "banned"?

I have been on forums for years. I am 45, and have have been on the internet since its inception. Never, on any forum, have I ever seen so many posts and replies and look at the user and see that they are "banned". I always go back and look at their posts and almost never see any posts that would get them banned. Some of them seem okay too. I don't get it.

It almost seems like bans are random. Are they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by donjn View Post
    I have been on forums for years. I am 45, and have have been on the internet since its inception. Never, on any forum, have I ever seen so many posts and replies and look at the user and see that they are "banned". I always go back and look at their posts and almost never see any posts that would get them banned. Some of them seem okay too. I don't get it.

Bans are never random, they are given out pr. various interactions. Either a reported thread, comment or PM that has gotten them to have those 6 red letters. MMO-champion moderator staff doesn't just ban because they can.

Banning people through MMO-champion runs on a point system. You start with 0, and then points are slowly building up, triggering various lengths of bans. The slate isn't resetted, so if a person if infracted and it is enough points of it, it'll trigger a ban.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by donjn View Post
    They almost are.
    Don't try and say the word Cancer or you'll trigger the poster below you and get infracted.
    Edit: He's not even a mod anymore, nice.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Bans are never random. We use a points based system here where accumulating too many points results in a short ban. The more points you earn, the longer your bans are. Users get three warning infractions before a ban is triggered.

The only accounts that are banned outright are alt/ban evade accounts and spambots.

The forums have been very active lately with Gamescom and the upcoming announcement of the expansion, so any increase you see in bans might simply be the normal result of an increase in posting.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |