Deleted

Tanaan Rares & Phasing

Right so I run around Tanaan sometimes, hunting rares here and there, doing quests. While doing so I sometimes come across one of the big 4 and whenever I do I make a group in Custom Group Finder to help others tag it. The first few times I did this it was fine, everyone could tag the rare just fine and all was well.

Then suddenly some of the times when I'd invite others to my group I would phase out of my own realm and the rare would disappear. Not great. So then I decided to just make sure I was in combat before inviting people because as I thought you couldn't get phased out if you were in combat right? And this worked very well up until tonight.

I ran into Terrorfist on my server and decided to get myself into combat and start a custom group, as I usually do. But when people joined the group they didn't get phased to my realm for some reason, even though I was right there punching Terrorfist in the face.

I have no idea what's going on at this point, how do I make sure people phase to my realm? What triggers them to NOT phase to my realm? I hate it when people make troll groups but this really isn't helping either.

Help?

I was wondering this myself, but I figured it has to do with caps on the amount of players that can be in a phase of Tanaan at any given moment. I started looking out for this when creating the groups, and most recently I was at just below 20 players in the group before I got phased myself, which could be explained by my theory as hitting the player cap would send the entire group to an unoccupied phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Happened to me as well, people called me troll, then I told them that I will disband/recreate the raid asap. I did so, and then everything was fine.
    My guess was that I invited (autoinvite) too many people from one specific server, so we all got phased to their realm.

Besides being a bit buggy if someone joins your group who hasn't opened up all of the entry tanaan jungle quests causes this.
    A players toon has to open up all the way thru clicking on those 5 things up in KJ where those real elite demons are.
    Some try to skip that because not easy to do without a group or a stealth toon.
    They cause phasing problems all the time

There used to be a mechanic where if a large portion of the group (50%?) was from one server, you'd get shifted to that server. Then they removed that and simply made you stick to the server of the person starting the group/raid... but now it seems like they've silently gone back to this majority mechanic.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies everyone. @Jewsco I had no idea the entry quests affected this too, brilliant. ><