Cheesing legendary ring timing?

When you re-equip the ring, it puts the on-use effect on a 30 second CD.

If you re-equip it right before pull, and the rest of your raid uses ring immediately, can you still use your OWN ring after 30 seconds? This would allow you to use your ring personally rather than tied to the rest of the players' rings, as long as you use it on CD (so your ring CD is always offset from the raid group's).

On some bosses, they are reaching 20% right after the ring buff expires. If I can delay my own ring by 10s or more on pull, it would let me use it during execute range for some bosses.
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-07-31 at 07:06 AM.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    This would be awesome if it works.
    Sadly i cannot test it myself, because i don't have the ring. Just 21 tomes by now.

Would be great if someone can test it and share the result.
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev.B|ASRock Z97 Extreme4|i7-4790K|HR-02 Macho|G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB|Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64|250GB+64GB+1TB SSD|4TB HDD|Seasonic Ultra Prime Gold 1000W|Corsair Scimitar Pro+Razer Sphex|Logitech G910+|LG 34UC88-B|2x iiyama Prolite XUB2792QSU-B1|Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro+AntLion ModMic 4|Thrustmaster T500RS+TH8A

7+ Year Old Account
    Most brilliant idea I've ever heard! I will test it tonight and I'll let you know.

Doubt it would work, yesterday on Killrog the raid popped the ring while me and 2 others were in the Vision of Death .... Right as we got out we received remaining duration of the ring buff and our rings were placed on CD.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

Quote Originally Posted by apoe View Post
    When you re-equip the ring, it puts the on-use effect on a 30 second CD.

If you re-equip it right before pull, and the rest of your raid uses ring immediately, can you still use your OWN ring after 30 seconds? This would allow you to use your ring personally rather than tied to the rest of the players' rings, as long as you use it on CD (so your ring CD is always offset from the raid group's).

On some bosses, they are reaching 20% right after the ring buff expires. If I can delay my own ring by 10s or more on pull, it would let me use it during execute range for some bosses.
    That's not overly useful, given that waiting 30s forces you to lose out on you're pull buffs and pot, you're much better off teaching your raid to do things at 20% rather than 30 or 35. Even for those classes whose executes start early, if it's their last set of cooldowns, it really doesn't matter if it gets used at 30 or 20.

Deleted
    Someone in our Guild already had that Idea but it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    That's not overly useful, given that waiting 30s forces you to lose out on you're pull buffs and pot, you're much better off teaching your raid to do things at 20% rather than 30 or 35. Even for those classes whose executes start early, if it's their last set of cooldowns, it really doesn't matter if it gets used at 30 or 20.
    I wasn't thinking of delaying by 30s, but more like 10s or so, so that I can still line up CDs with the remaining strength pot duration on pull.

It might be beneficial for the rest of the raid to use rings before execute, while my own ring is used during execute. This way I will get to execute range faster, and at the same time, execute range will last longer (since everyone already used their rings >20%).

But if it doesn't work...
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-07-31 at 04:38 PM.

I wish Blizzard would just change the bloody ring so that it's not so much of a pain in the ass, each class has an ideal point of using it and unless those classes are Warriors they generally do not give a fuck that the Warrior needs it at 20% The problem is that it just feels like having a trinket that everyone else has control over, and instead of playing the game yourself you're forced to play it to whomever decides to use it.

Imagine having your scabbard trinket and you're saving the 3rd use for the execute phase, only for someone else to push it and completely waste it... That's the situation we're in now really. So far it has not been too bad because a lot of our raid have been slackers, have taken holidays and missed boss kills during HFC and so they don't all have the ring yet, it was our Warriors who all had it first so we've had a field day with it..

But soon... As I'm sure most guilds are already experiencing.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I wish Blizzard would just change the bloody ring so that it's not so much of a pain in the ass, each class has an ideal point of using it and unless those classes are Warriors they generally do not give a fuck that the Warrior needs it at 20% The problem is that it just feels like having a trinket that everyone else has control over, and instead of playing the game yourself you're forced to play it to whomever decides to use it.

Imagine having your scabbard trinket and you're saving the 3rd use for the execute phase, only for someone else to push it and completely waste it... That's the situation we're in now really. So far it has not been too bad because a lot of our raid have been slackers, have taken holidays and missed boss kills during HFC and so they don't all have the ring yet, it was our Warriors who all had it first so we've had a field day with it..

But soon... As I'm sure most guilds are already experiencing.
    Set it up in your raid. Mandate that one person uses it and one person only. Publicly humiliate anyone who breaks that rule, and plan out before hand who is going to use it and at what times. Being vocal and authoritative works wonders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apoe View Post
    I wasn't thinking of delaying by 30s, but more like 10s or so, so that I can still line up CDs with the remaining strength pot duration on pull.

It might be beneficial for the rest of the raid to use rings before execute, while my own ring is used during execute. This way I will get to execute range faster, and at the same time, execute range will last longer (since everyone already used their rings >20%).

But if it doesn't work...
    You'd think, but it really doesn't. Getting into Execute phase faster vs going through Execute phase faster is a matter of seconds, and not going to make a huge impact either way. Also keep in mind the way DPS is measured, a shorter Execute phase is often times better.