Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's almost as if this game is populated by real people. Real people tend to be assholes when granted anonymity. Pretty sure that has been the case since.....forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashdance View Post
    The point is that the community is gradually spiraling down towards a pit of hate, trolling and toxicity.
    The WoW community has always been like that. If you were lucky enough to be in a guild where you actually made some friends than great. Other than that sorry to break your shinny bubble but you've been playing among jerks for a long time

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Also, all of these reasons ALSO existed even before the LFG tool, for the duration of the entire game actually. In reality, it used to be MUCH worse in previous expansions and classic WoW the most of all.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    In reality, it used to be MUCH worse in previous expansions and classic WoW the most of all.
    In some alternate reality where you actually played in vanilla, maybe.

Getting declined can be because of many reasons, not because of your item levels. They mightve been full on mail dps, or were looking for melee. Couldve been anything mate, dont take it personally.

Deleted
    Cool Rush, read my OP again, I've clearly caps'd "this", hence acknowledging the fact that it was never an utopia of happiness and all that stuff.

I seriously do not remember it being THIS bad way back
    The point is that it IS getting worse and worse, trust me, I've also seen the bad side of the community plenty of times, but meh, today, like you said, I got my head out of the sand.

Shefu, yeah, to be honest, the guilds I've come across were actually really great and social, lil' bit of raiding and PvP, all that, well, since most of the people in my older guilds have either stopped playing or lost contact with, and my current guild moving to a new realm, maybe it's just the feeling of not being surrounded by some great people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played this game from the final days of Vanilla and up until now, still playing, not that casual, not that hardcore either.
    Is it just me or is the attitude of WoW players getting more and more toxic and just straight up tryhards? I seriously do not remember it being THIS bad way back, hell, not even some time ago. Case in point: Mythic dungeons event.
    That's why you're in that toxic soup. Anytime Blizzard adds a difficulty slider in the game for public groups, the asshats, trolls and sociopaths show up.

In game, the community was the worst in Cata, point blank. Slightly improved in MoP. Improved some from there in WoD (maybe because the garrisons removed them from our lives!).

Online, well, gamergate exists. -_-
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Assholes made me sad in WotLK, Cata and MoP

They are everywhere, but the worst is random rated PvP and random non-LFR raiding.

Random rated PvP they can be veeeery toxic and in random non-LFR raiding they are more passive-aggressive. Experiences in MoP have made me slighty scared of joining random "serious" anything

You not finding a group real fast isn't because of "attitude". Other people aren't obligated to run you through dungeons. It's been that way since vanilla. I remember people barking every 30 seconds for hours to fill UBRS groups. Guilds really do help with that, people do each other favors. In fact, people will do favors without getting quid pro quo just because they know you and you're on good terms.

I think it's gotten better actually. I remember some real horrible people from back in the day. Ya, there's some jerks around today, but ignore list improvements help solve that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    The WoW community has always been like that. If you were lucky enough to be in a guild where you actually made some friends than great. Other than that sorry to break your shinny bubble but you've been playing among jerks for a long time
    No it hasn't always been like this, I flat out disagree, you're pulling that right out of your ass, or you played on a server that was an outlier during that era.

There were jerks around back then, but they were the minority back then, not the overwhelming majority these days - but the people who played back then have mostly quit - the ones who came from other MMOs, who got what made an MMO, enjoyed playing with other players. It was fun to actually play the game with others, until Wrath, when the Wrath babies started showing up and throwing tantrums to get their way.

Now? It seems like the servers are all populated with smirking, sniggering neckbeards and mouthy preteens who think it's the height of hilarity to be as rude, condescending and pompous as possible. Ask a single question "LAWL NUB". Make a single mistake 'GTFO BAD". And the rest is all monkey see monkey do, all trying to outdo each other being the biggest douchebag. The group finder is one big asshat and obnoxious brat clubhouse, waiting for the next victim to actually try to use it as intended, so they can hur dur to each other on Skype or Mumble. It's almost like they get a discount if they're a 4chan member - from what I recall, trade chat was pretty much at that level of dumb and obnoxious when I unsubbed.

I appreciate threads like this, because it reminds me - the assholes who infest every server now in overwhelming numbers is half of why I quit, and every time I get tempted to start again, or think "I hope the new expansion is worth playing", I get reminded that no matter how good the content is, there's several million assholes just waiting to make my game time miserable for their own enjoyment.

Sorry, but I'm not paying $15 a month so some socially awkward fuckknuckle or obnoxious 12 year old can get his hur hur on at my expense.

Quote Originally Posted by mtfx View Post
    Why do they post a 660 and decline?
    I can tell you why.

There are 3 dps spots and usually the owner of the group will already take one. Then you have 20 people signed up for the remaining 2 spots. He's just gonna pick the top geared ones and decline the rest because most groups need healer / tank and even when a group is listed with 3 dps and a note "LF tank + healer" you still have dps signing up. I mean do people have eyes? It shows on the group what spots are already taken.

There are bazillion dps signing up for mythics now but barely any tanks, and healers only sign to groups that already have tanks. That's what I noticed today, from making my own groups.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2015-07-31 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you melee? People don't like melee.
    Do you have BL? People want classes with BL.

I joined a Premades group just fine with my 695 Monk tank.

I think as a DPS you're better off creating your own group via Premades and draw upon your Btag friends and Guildies.

We completely face rolled 4 x Mythic dungeons this afternoon (my first time Mythic dungeons, ever). Really easy.

Which makes me think, most likely, on reflection, the people asking for high ilvl/experience don't know what they're up against and are in fact the insecure/inexperienced people you'd be better off without. Or, they're experienced and geared and want likewise people for speedruns. Either way... don't get hung up on it OP, start your own group.

Best of luck, stay strong

Deleted
    This is no just the wow community. This is endgame content doing community in any MMO.

In Final Fantasy XIV, we have party finder, and well 999.9% of those groups are, well I can't really talk about them without violating the forum rules. No first timers, kick after two mistakes, only with 10 item levels above the minimum requirements, know full tactics.

And this is hours after said content became available.

And no the game doesn't just write you the tactics like here.

So yeah, endgame running MMO people are toxic. This is why I like that FFXIV settles the main storyline in dungeons and quests.