Crafted Weapon Upgrade Tokens

Hi all,

This past week, I made about a dozen Steelforged Essences (BS) and Weapon Crystals (Inscr) to sell on the AH. But none sold. Then I noticed people are posting these for little more than the cost of mats. What the hell happened? Why do people do this?

I did the math for my server, Area 52-US.

15 Savage Blood @150G each = 2,250G
    15 Sorcerous @30G each (varies) = 450G
    70 Ingots/Paints @10G each (on avg) = 700G
    Total: 3400G

People are now listing these Stage 1-4 upgrade tokens for around 4K. That's only 600G profit. I don't mean to complain, but I feel like professions are all but worthless now, unless you have tons of Felblight for the Mighty and Savage tokens.

Anyone else feel the same?

Quote Originally Posted by warhoof6556 View Post
    Hi all,

This past week, I made about a dozen Steelforged Essences (BS) and Weapon Crystals (Inscr) to sell on the AH. But none sold. Then I noticed people are posting these for little more than the cost of mats. What the hell happened? Why do people do this?

I did the math for my server, Area 52-US.

15 Savage Blood @150G each = 2,250G
    15 Sorcerous @30G each (varies) = 450G
    70 Ingots/Paints @10G each (on avg) = 700G
    Total: 3400G

People are now listing these Stage 1-4 upgrade tokens for around 4K. That's only 600G profit. I don't mean to complain, but I feel like professions are all but worthless now, unless you have tons of Felblight for the Mighty and Savage tokens.

Anyone else feel the same?
    I feel like your ingot pricing is off...

I'm not sure about you but i get about 4 ingots per 5 ore (about 10g on Illidan) with the chance of a sorcerous earth (can't forget to take the cost out)
    - Even ignoring the sorcerous, it's 2.5g per ingot, then you get 20 per 30 ore( about 60g), 3g
    - So if we use about 3g in your scenario, you'd be making gold.
    - How is your ingots/paints so expensive?

By my last spreadsheet, per ingot I make 11.6g on truesteel essence, 22.1 on mighty truesteel essence, and 23.5 on savage truesteel essence. So take away the cost, it's still pretty good.
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

Your ingot pricing is off.

Last I checked, with 200g SB I was coming in at around 3k cost for upgrades.

Most servers, you can buy ore on off-days for around 200g/stack, especially if you buy in bulk. That puts my cost per ingot at 1.5g per, not counting sorcerous elements (Of which you get 2-3 per day, which easily offsets your ore cost entirely).

The only way you end up paying anything close to 10g/mat is if you're using primal spirits to generate them.

Should put your cost at around 2800g, which is 1200g profit, which is pretty good for 2 days work (7 SB/day from Barn, 88 paints/ingots per day from professions+garrison building).

I think your main problem was making so many at once, when you didn't know if they'd sell well or not, as well as trying to post them on a weekend rather than Monday/Tuesday.
    Last edited by JemiS; 2015-08-01 at 06:33 PM.