Need a little bit of help with tanking

Just a question, I want to make sure my play is a bit better. I have tanked on my dk a total of maybe 2 times this expansion, but they wanted me to come in and tank tonight as our main tank was under the weather. I also am the back up tank in case either of them can't make it. I want to make sure when I step in, its like nothing changed. I have logs from tonight and would highly appreciate anyone being able to look at them and tell me where I can approve. Any constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. I know I'm probably playing pretty bad, i'm not going to say i'm the best, but I definitely would like to improve.

Armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...obert/advanced

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZKbHcz7aN69g8Mph

Deleted
    - Multistrike is only good if you are running BoS. If you aren't, it's by far the worst survival stat. Go with mastery instead.
    - Make sure you can death strike ASAP after taking a hit.

As long as you do the above, you are pretty set for a self sustained tank requiring little to no external healing. Obviously, there's more to it, like properly managing your procs, RP, runes and CDs, but the points above gets you a long way. You are welcome to check out my channel to see some gameplay. Incidentally, I ranked #1 world tank survivability on our Archi hc kill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q06jVYzmSI8
    Last edited by mmocb7f58420c4; 2015-08-01 at 03:43 PM.

The first thing for most new dk tanks is death strike. You need to cast death strike a lot more. Seriously, a lot more. You should be casting it twice as often as blood boil. If you can get your blood runes converted into death runes you can run a string of casting nothing but death strike and death coil with your CDs mixed in. There are other things to work on, but none of them are nearly as important as tripling (literally) your use of death strike. I am not exaggerating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jargos View Post
    - Multistrike is only good if you are running BoS. If you aren't, it's by far the worst survival stat. Go with mastery instead.
    It's the worst survival stat with or without BoS and the best damage stat with or without BoS

So I don't need too worry about getting 5 stacks to DS? That's what the impression was that I needed to do for it to heal more, then again I could have just been reading into it wrong.

Thats why I was casting BB so often. Yeah i'll probably go and re-enchant some stuff. I just spruced through some stuff before I went into the raid. I had done one other HFC but it was as frost but last night I had to tank and it was the first time I had tanked a raid as blood.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AanvilGT View Post
    The first thing for most new dk tanks is death strike. You need to cast death strike a lot more. Seriously, a lot more. You should be casting it twice as often as blood boil. If you can get your blood runes converted into death runes you can run a string of casting nothing but death strike and death coil with your CDs mixed in. There are other things to work on, but none of them are nearly as important as tripling (literally) your use of death strike. I am not exaggerating.
    Okay this is what I wanted to do, but it felt like that was wrong. I was just trying to stack too 5 and then DS. If that's the case it should be a lot more easier tonight should I need to tank.

Deleted
    Never use death runes on BB unless you need to spread your dots. Survival wise, it's much better to cast 2 death strikes over 1 semi empowered one. The blood stacks are nice, sure, but remember its only a 20% buff per stack. DS is already insanely powerful. I've had a single DS heal me for 700k once, not including the shield. Granted, that was with full stacks and full resolve, but that is hardly needed. If you take a huge hit, even without stacks, DS will almost always heal you nearly full, or at least close, and the shield will soak alot of the next melee hit.

Tl;dr: Quantity > quality for DS. Ignore the blood stacks.

Thanks guys for the help! I figured it was an easy fix.

Deleted
    Happy to help

Would be nice if you can link us your next logs, interested to see how much this will help you.

If our tank doesn't show up again tonight I will! If not i'll be back on my dps haha