Should I get rid of T17 (shadow)?

I currently have 2 T17 (both heroic) and 2 T18 pieces. Considering replacing my 2 T16 pieces with itens of higher ilvl - a 695 chest and a 705 legs, both with sockets. Stats of that itens are a bit inferior, would lose some haste and gain some multistrike, but they have sockets. Should I switch then? I play CoP. Honestly I never liked that T17 2 piece bonus.

You generally don't want to get rid of your tier items until you can replace them with the next tier. Setbonuses are really strong, and almost always worth keeping, instead of using higher iLvl non-tier items. The only time you see ppl replacing tier-bonuses with higher iLvl items, is those very rare occasions where the tierbonuses are really shit, or on a new expansion launch

The T17 2-set in question here, is also really good for CoP, which you said you want to play (greatly increases your MB count, which is your 1# dmging spell)
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    I currently have 2 T17 (both heroic) and 2 T18 pieces. Considering replacing my 2 T16 pieces with itens of higher ilvl - a 695 chest and a 705 legs, both with sockets. Stats of that itens are a bit inferior, would lose some haste and gain some multistrike, but they have sockets. Should I switch then? I play CoP. Honestly I never liked that T17 2 piece bonus.
    how in gods name do you not like the t17 2 piece? it gives you more mind blasts in your rotation. its like a warlock saying his t17 2 piece gave him more chaos bolts and he didnt like it...

keep your 2 pc bonus until you have t18 tier to replace in those slots.

Actually, the higher iLevel items will probably beat out the lower t17 pieces. T172P is only worth about 100PP. I dropped my T172P for 700+ items quite a while ago, and saw a noticeable dps increase. Run a few sims in the two different sets of gear in question, if you have doubts.

PS. OP, I play CoP as well.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by sevenslelel View Post
    how in gods name do you not like the t17 2 piece? it gives you more mind blasts in your rotation. its like a warlock saying his t17 2 piece gave him more chaos bolts and he didnt like it...

keep your 2 pc bonus until you have t18 tier to replace in those slots.
    At least according to Icy Veins, it doesn't. Either if you have or don't have 2 pieces, dotweaving rotation involves the same number of mind blasts. If you have the 4 piece bonus, then you can use an extra mind blast.

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/shadow-...es#dot-weaving

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    At least according to Icy Veins, it doesn't. Either if you have or don't have 2 pieces, dotweaving rotation involves the same number of mind blasts. If you have the 4 piece bonus, then you can use an extra mind blast.

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/shadow-...es#dot-weaving
    Without set bonuses the Dotweave cycle ends with 5th Mind Blast. With T17 2piece the cycle ends after 2 global cooldowns of Insanity that you channel after 5th Mind blast.

In other words: without set bonuses your Mind Blast will be ready 3gcds after Dotweaing cycle. With t17 2p your 6th Mind Blast will be ready 1 gcd after Dotweaving cycle. This shortens your delay between Dotweaving because you generate orbs faster.

You should be using Mindbender after you get the T182P in single target, so being able to DoTWeave more doesn't matter. I will say again - it's okay to drop the T172P for significantly higher iLevel pieces.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

people still dotweave? I thought dotweaving was dead