Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yeah - I think for each character you have at exalted, your alts should start one notch up... that sort of makes sense (if you think of your characters as being related, or knowing each other well - so being thought of higher by factions to start).
    Agreed. Anduin probably started at Honored/Revered for the other Alliance factions, so it's only fair lol.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yeah - I think for each character you have at exalted, your alts should start one notch up... that sort of makes sense (if you think of your characters as being related, or knowing each other well - so being thought of higher by factions to start).
    a percentage per character exalted would work too

i do see my alts as being related somehow

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    I'm much more fond of FFXIV's system, because I do feel like it's more consistent.

That said, I do think it's pretty hypocritical to say that your level 1 troll's reputations are all at 0 because he doesn't get to benefit from anything your level 100 Tauren did since they're separate characters, at the same time said level 1 troll is putting on heirloom gear sent to him by the higher level toon. The hypocrisy being that you can't claim lore or RP reasons for the restrictions at the same time the characters are taking other actions that are permitted, but would be equally prohibited by the lore or RP reasons given.

... I'm not sure if I think heirlooms are doing more damage than good at this point, honestly. Given how easy and meaningless leveling is, and given how horrible leveling alts is in WoW these days, I'm not sure there's anything left to salvage for anything beyond the first playthrough.
    Your level 1 troll could be getting presents from the level 100 tauren. But are The Scryers really going to take the Tauren's word that the level 1 troll is worthy of their highest honors and respect?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Some of the RPG needs to be left in this game.

I miss when this game was WORLD of WarCraft, and not Lobbies of Raidcraft.
    Last edited by Cooper; 2015-08-03 at 04:00 AM.

Honestly, I like gold being separate but I would really like BoA transmog.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    After that, they're on their own. Just like kids.
    You start your kids off with $50 and a bookbag? No wonder they're turning tricks at the first Inn they come across.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Your level 1 troll could be getting presents from the level 100 tauren. But are The Scryers really going to take the Tauren's word that the level 1 troll is worthy of their highest honors and respect?
    The argument works well to say the level 1 troll shouldn't be exalted.

But if the word of one who is EXALTED with the Scryers doesn't suffice to convince them to pay even a little bit more attention to the troll than they would to some other random person, they clearly don't actually trust the one they claim to be "Exalted". If my friends tell me a person is trustworthy, I may not trust them fully off the bat, but I'll give them a greater degree of trust than I would a random stranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's called a role playing game. When you play a new character you're supposed to be stepping into their shoes. That character didn't experience those things, why should they benefit because some other character did? Because they're "family"? Do you know everything your father knows? No? Then stop asking for stupid shit that eliminates the core of what this game is supposed to be. An RPG.

Heirlooms make sense, like family heirlooms. Most everything else doesn't. Including account-wide achievements.
    Words and stuff. Heirlooms are just what we call them, they aren't actually heirlooms, and haven't been since their original inception (if ever). What they really are is a set of equipment that breaks the normal rules of equipment by leveling with you, retaining enchantments, and being able to be created on/sent to any character on your account, regardless of server or faction.

How does that make sense, exactly?

I'm with OP. Things like your inventory, bank, and gold should be shared account wide, like in Diablo 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Honestly, I like gold being separate but I would really like BoA transmog.

You start your kids off with $50 and a bookbag? No wonder they're turning tricks at the first Inn they come across.
    Nah, they do fine. When they've been out in the world a bit they tend to end up pretty much just like me The ones on different realms are doing fine. The ones that are living in my main's realm tend to be more like hermits.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As far as the maps go, discovering the grey parts shouldn't be BoA because finding those parts grants XP, even if it is a small amount. I've even levelled up from discovering a subzone!
    And for rep grinds, that whole 'I'm related' argument is a load of crap. If you want to grind it again, then grind it when DMF is here for the WHEE!/top hat buff so it's less arduous. You can't really complain about MoP or WoD factions because of the commendations and medallions that make it that bit easier to grind out, and some pre-MoP reps have the tabards to champion in dungeons, so there's really no problem. Don't ask for your steak to be put into a blender so you can sip it through a straw.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakki View Post
    This and Gold.
    Gold cap would need to be raised to 1.1bil or higher then (11 character slots x 1mil gold cap per toon)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    As far as the maps go, discovering the grey parts shouldn't be BoA because finding those parts grants XP
    I'm sorry but that's a terrible reason to not make map exploration BoA. The exp from exploring is negligible (and it's obviously non-existant at level cap)

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how people don't really adress the worse of things.

How come, Account Bound is still a thing next to Bound to Battle.net Account? I have items stuck on one account that are Account Bound, sadly that means, 1 WoW account, not the battle.net account.

I don't care about maps, or gold, don't need BoA gold either, too easy to make gold - as well, would bring a gold cap in to discussion again as it would either have to be an account wide currency appearance, like Achievement points, or transfering item.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I like how people don't really adress the worse of things.

How come, Account Bound is still a thing next to Bound to Battle.net Account? I have items stuck on one account that are Account Bound, sadly that means, 1 WoW account, not the battle.net account.

I don't care about maps, or gold, don't need BoA gold either, too easy to make gold - as well, would bring a gold cap in to discussion again as it would either have to be an account wide currency appearance, like Achievement points, or transfering item.
    Which items? The only item Ive been able to find thats BoA instead of BoB.net were those steamwheedle rep items - which Blizz eventually hotfixed to be BoB.net

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    What would the argument against account wide maps even be? That it adds challenge to the game or something? Nope, I just don't see any arguments that could work. It's pointless, unnecessary work.
    I don't see any compelling arguments for against it either, other than tit whining about "why should I need to do it twice".
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I'm okay with most things being tied to certain characters (reps, etc) but I still think having gold account wide and some other currencies would be a nice change.

I also wouldn't mind an account wide transmog system. DK-only armor would still be DK-only but for example my DK MoP CM set I'd like to use on all my DKs. Also wouldn't mind sharing some offset piece looks and weapon looks.

Would be nice for them to ease up on some PVP rewards as well. Conqueror for example is brutal to grind, and I'm not doing it twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    Which items? The only item Ive been able to find thats BoA instead of BoB.net were those steamwheedle rep items - which Blizz eventually hotfixed to be BoB.net
    The steamwheedle reputation items aren't all Bound to Battle.net Account, the major ones are still Bound to Account. As well as some of the cosmetic items.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    e.g. the world maps being grayed out on new chars. Why? It makes little sense. Especially when some of us have 150 characters so to speak. It doesn't even offer anything gameplay-wise. I understand that some people are still in a mentality "I only have one main for 10 years" but some of us change "current main" every few months so it's pointless trying to keep a "main". All those "alts" should be able to act as a main on simple quality of life stuff like grayed out maps and simple achievements, I'm not talking about BoA epics or anything like that.
    I would like a toggle feature for this. I find it very difficult and confusing with achievements the way they are and flight paths being known before I ever go there. I would very much like to know the status of the character I am playing, not the cumulative total of all my characters.

I would like to be able to send mail to every server though. I think it's time. That and linked auction houses. It's just so brutal living on a low pop server and when you're characters are split between two servers it really disrupts gameplay when your professions are split up.

I remember that bug that caused lowlevels to have all flight paths for your level or something. Made leveling new characters a lot more fun to log in and get a couple levels. Having the maps already discovered would probably add a tiny bit to make people play new characters. Seeing the road Blizzard is going down, more of these things need to be made for players to stay

Realm Wide Gold

Ability to Que for alternate characters in LFG and LFR, While playing another character.

Account Wide Garrison, Followers and Ships should be account wide (And change into their counterparts on the opposite faction), Follower and Navel Missions should be account wide and Should give BoA bags with the rewarded items, Blueprints should be account wide, Nodes farms should be account wide (This is highly abused already), Level 3 garrison should only cost resources, Alts should be able to build buildings straight to level 2/3 if they already know the blueprints.

Reputations should be account wide, Reputations that require you to make a choice wont be touched untill you choose one of the other for a character, There should of course be a restriction on how much reputation can be earned on a account for particular factions.

Get rid of First-Aid, Fishing and Archeology skill levels.

First-Aid being the overall most worthless secondary profession in the game, You can craft all the newest bandages as soon as you kill your first few mobs in draenor.
    Fishing shouldn't have skill anymore, Leveling it up is pointless they just hand us the fish nowadays, Fishing items should be BoA and Rafts turned into a toy or mount.
    Archeology should account wide, And anything you find in archeology should be BoA.
    Last edited by wrv451nlp; 2015-08-04 at 02:31 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    e.g. the world maps being grayed out on new chars. Why? It makes little sense. Especially when some of us have 150 characters so to speak. It doesn't even offer anything gameplay-wise. I understand that some people are still in a mentality "I only have one main for 10 years" but some of us change "current main" every few months so it's pointless trying to keep a "main". All those "alts" should be able to act as a main on simple quality of life stuff like grayed out maps and simple achievements, I'm not talking about BoA epics or anything like that.
    There are addons for the map thing. This really is a non issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wrv451nlp View Post
    Account Wide Garrison, Followers should be account wide (And change into their counterparts on the opposite faction), Blueprints should be account wide, Nodes farms should be account wide (This is highly abused already), Level 3 garrison should only cost resources.

Reputations should be account wide, There should of course be a restriction on how much reputation can be earned on a account for particular factions. (Current raid reputation for example).
    I agree with all this, however. I haven't bothered getting level 3 garrison or any buildings on my alts because it's just not worth the gold cost to me.

Sig by Isilrien