Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    some of you guys are lol

remind me of a guy i work with. yesterday i was half an hour late for a drop off. when we got there, he asked me to slow down, to calm down, that we were there. I kind of wanted to punch him in the face and tell him to shut the fuck up if he was just going to be in my way. what point was there to being slower? so we could set them up for their event even later?

i set everything up in like 5 fucking minutes, i didnt even need him to be there except that he was supposed to watch over the event as an attendant

it doesn't matter what hobby you have, what job you have, what social activity you are engaging in... everybody who wants to be successful wants to be in a team of go-getters.
    Your Jeremy Kyle story has no relevance to me or this thread.
    “I’m like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to shit.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I'm not sure why people have got the idea that the rest of my guild are bad, maybe repetition distorting it as the thread progresses, but anyway were like 4th or 5th on the realm and while 9/13H may not impress a lot of people it's hardly shabby, especially considering we lost a couple of resets due to connection/illness issues.

Regardless, just because I beat people doesn't make them bad, I.E I came second on heroic Soc last night (not inc the construct obv) and ranked a 94th percentile but those below me weren't exactly doing "badly".
    If you are beating them as a joke spec slapped together that blizzard can't decide whether or not they want to be legit or a higher dps option for tanks that can't play a DPS spec, then yeah, they are probably bad.

i would have never beaten anyone in my guild as a gladiator warrior except for maybe on a fight like Butcher.

but it's been a while since i've quit - how long has Hellfire Citadel been out? like, a couple of months? yeah and you aren't on mythic. i mean don't take it personally, i have higher expectations of people that i play the game with and getting cockblocked by heroic doesn't fall into a list of those expectations.

you do you and move at your own pace, it's fine. you don't have to feel bad about what you do because it isn't what i do.

Your Jeremy Kyle story has no relevance to me or this thread.
    well i sure hope you play the game better than you read

If loot competition wasn't a thing then normal/heroic raids would consist of 11 rogues, 11 mages and a tank/healer setup to cover all the other buffs, but nobody (AFAIK) does that because it would be counter productive. It's simple math that if the are four people needing an item (I.E archie trink) then that item needs to drop four times for everyone who needs it to get one and increase their damage, if five people need it then it has to drop more times and it will take longer.
    Except they already share that loot. Did you even read what was said or just interject a paragraph with no point?

Gladiator shares four slots this tier with tanks. Neck, Back, 1 ring, shield. The OP already stated he is the only one grabbing 1h str weapons, so there would be no effective change if he went SMF Fury. Hence, the only thing he would have to compete for are Neck, Back and one Ring. All the weakest slots. You could pick those up in a difficulty behind and still be doing fine.

TLDR: Loot competition is a thing. Adding one more class to pick up the three lowest priority drops isn't.

I'm not sure why people have got the idea that the rest of my guild are bad, maybe repetition distorting it as the thread progresses, but anyway were like 4th or 5th on the realm and while 9/13H may not impress a lot of people it's hardly shabby, especially considering we lost a couple of resets due to connection/illness issues.

Regardless, just because I beat people doesn't make them bad, I.E I came second on heroic Soc last night (not inc the construct obv) and ranked a 94th percentile but those below me weren't exactly doing "badly".
    94 percentile on heroic isn't anything special, especially for a spec that a very small number of people play.

I sound like a dick but the end result is the same: play the other specs if you want to do more damage, simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah

its easy to be the big fish in a small pond but once you're in the ocean there's all kinds of motherfuckin' sharks

Imho just go fury/arms. I absolutely can't stand playing fury but glad is way too much work for the payoff. I was prot since vanilla and never dpsed, I went dps for this xpac b/c glad but I had to switch out for any sort of serious raiding. There's always next xpac.

It's your $15/mo, so I think you get to play how you want.

Aye ranking as Gladiator in general is meaningless, our other Warrior plays the spec regularly and ranks 98-100% on every single fight, and he's not exactly burning up the meters in insane performance. On a single target fight a rank1 Gladiator is probably still 20k dps (or more) behind a 95% Arcane mage. He is a good player without a doubt, but not elite level skill.

If you say rank 80th % as Fury on some fights, that may be more impressive than ranking 95% as Gladiator since there may be 5000 Fury Warrior logs and only 100 Gladiators. Though if you really look at it, percentile ranking in HFC is mostly nonsense due to the way the fights are made, on a majority of fights the largest influencing factors are often outside of your control and have nothing to do with how well you played.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4