Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    This is where you have to understand the difference between theorizing and fantasizing. I'm not pitching what I want. Garrisons were the death of the game for me, and most of the people I play with. It was a horrible implementation. But it was just that, a horrible implementation. I think you have to look at a feature in terms of how it does or doesn’t work instead of just a blanket up or down vote. There’s a lot of time and money there. And to just strike it altogether is not business smart at all. I think we could easily see some form of what the garrison is now in later versions. There is more to these features than just your end user experience.
    You are pitching garrison shit and eager to give Blizzard money like it's fashionable. Peddle your fb garrison game elsewhere.
    I think WoW with an expanded mount/cosmetic/gold shop as well as a whole selection of cosmetic and quality of life offerings for your garrison could make Blizzard a killing. I think if garrisons come default in orc/human flavors, players would be willing to fork out cash for a gnome/dwarf/undead/tauren/etc skin. And that price could be quite high.
    I also think the garrison is the key to rebooting the game.
    I think the garrison could be launching platform for this whole thing.

I strangely enough had a dream about this, this morning.

The game essentially had a playability reboot. The combat style became more "active" ala WildStar. Not quite as frenetic/button-mash, but definitely more interactive. More animations, and rag-doll effects. You could also rewind time and undo a death by paying gold. The WoW Token became more affordable in-game, so we inched closer to F2P, but there were also other gold-sinks popping up.

I know, strange.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope to all the gods of this world that WoW never goes F2P. You know what comes with F2P? Microtransactions. Has anyone here looked at Runescape recently? You can literally buy the ability to dual wield "to look cooler than your friends" (their words, not mine). And that game isn't even 100% F2P yet.

Endgame is everything for the shrinking player base that is at endgame. Endgame is not everything for the player who has never played. Endgame is not everything for the player who quit in 2008. Endgame is probably everything to you. And, I hate to break it to you, but every expansion has had some portion of leveling in it. And every expansion has made it a bigger more daunting task to bring up a new alt from scratch. So, if you want to talk about grinding, THAT is where the grind is.
    It's there but many still hate it. That's why 90s level jump sells.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    You are pitching garrison shit and eager to give Blizzard money like it's fashionable. Peddle your fb garrison game elsewhere.
    You're angry. I can see that. You don't have to stay on this thread. I won't let my feelings be hurt. =)

As a parting thought, there is a difference between theorizing and fantasizing. I would PREFER no garrison at all, keep the sub in place but still reboot the game. That's what I prefer. What I think is more likely is a growing cash shop, a no-sub option and some evolution of the garrison (ala customizable content in the world) that could easily be leveraged as a revenue stream. Customization equals monetization. See every other game with a cash shop.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Brand new 1-60 experience? Why? End game is everything. Or you think grinding and regrinding is enjoyable?
    First, a significant portion of the player base enjoys questing and elements other than "end game"

Second the new 1-60 experience would be for new players and alts, so that the barrier to get to "end game" is both fresh and less time consuming than currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, all I can give is a no.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No, all I can give is a no.
    I can completely understand that. Particularly to somebody who has almost 10,000 posts on a WoW forum, this kind of change to somebody that devoted would be huge. Again, I'm not advocating for this idea. I'm simply positing it as a possibility. It would be great if more of us could just theorize about possibilities and look at pros and cons instead of just responding emotionally. I can completely understand I'm going to get a fair number of knee-jerkers and name callers. That's the nature of any forum. But, I'm simply trying to compel people to discuss a theory, not campaign for or against it.