Deleted

Frost-Mage Talent Meta right now? PVE

I just came back to WoW and need some information about talents right now. I'm Ilvl685 (no set items, nothing) and pulling really bad DPS. I still run IceNova, MI and PC.
    Is IceNova still the goto talent?
    What Tier6 talent shines right now? Is IF actually good now?
    Any alternative to PC?

I'm looking to raid HFC normal/heroic, i really dislike switching up talents. Just need basic knowledge what's good right now.

The Frost Mage sticky might be more helpful, but here's the general breakdown:

Pre-T18 gear
    - Ice Nova
    - RoP/IF (based on fight/playstyle)
    - PC/TV (based on fight/playstyle)
    Don't worry too much about pre-T18 gearing.

Post-T18
    - UM (believe it or not, UM is best when geared! Best in literally every scenario [AoE/ST]; the other two aren't too far behind in Single-Target though)
    - RoP/IF (again, pick based on the fight. RoP is always better if you can maintain a very high uptime, otherwise IF is better)
    - PC for single-target otherwise TV.

Post-T18 and lazy
    - UM
    - IF
    - TV
    All the passives, ALL THE PASSIVES!

Source of info
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    You also have to understand the why of these talents. UM is better because of the class trinket, without it it's actually not (unless you have massive amounts of haste). You can't afford to lose GCD's for Nova or Bombs, passive it is. That's also the reason why TV is much stronger, coupled with 4T18, you get so many ice lances that having IV up for 45 sec+ is common, so it gets stronger than PC. You're going to be changing only with specific pieces, and not by ilvl or whatnot.

You're also pulling shit dps because, well, frost isn't very good until you get a lot of good pieces, and arcane will pull ahead all the time in single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    The Frost Mage sticky might be more helpful, but here's the general breakdown:

Pre-T18 gear
    - Ice Nova
    - RoP/IF (based on fight/playstyle)
    - PC/TV (based on fight/playstyle)
    Don't worry too much about pre-T18 gearing.

Post-T18
    - UM (believe it or not, UM is best when geared! Best in literally every scenario [AoE/ST]; the other two aren't too far behind in Single-Target though)
    - RoP/IF (again, pick based on the fight. RoP is always better if you can maintain a very high uptime, otherwise IF is better)
    - PC for single-target otherwise TV.

Post-T18 and lazy
    - UM
    - IF
    - TV
    All the passives, ALL THE PASSIVES!

the funny thing all the top logs on single target fights is ppl playing with tv instand of pc
    and on fights with aoe like Kormrok,Mannoroth top players playing with ice nova atleast from top logs i saw

Quote Originally Posted by shinedowNn View Post
    the funny thing all the top logs on single target fights is ppl playing with tv instand of pc
    and on fights with aoe like Kormrok,Mannoroth top players playing with ice nova atleast from top logs i saw
    Korm and Manno can be exceptions due to frost nova's burst for hands / imps & infernals

Though as above are the best dps talents, it's not set in stone for each fight. Get to know the fight before hand, your raid composition and whatnot and go from there for talent choices

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    You're also pulling shit dps because, well, frost isn't very good until you get a lot of good pieces, and arcane will pull ahead all the time in single target.
    ??? Frost is the BEST spec of the 3 at lower levels. He's pulling low DPS just because he isn't geared, period. Frost definitely scales the worst of the 3 specs; they just overbuffed it because it's the end of the expansion and Frost never stacks up well against Fire and Arcane at higher iLevels. The reason Fire's shit right now is due to over-nerfing it.

Quote Originally Posted by shinedowNn View Post
    Like Chivolence said, Kormrok is OBVIOUS due to the hands, and Mannoroth, those Frost Mages are probably using IN to help out with the imps.

The talents are honestly pretty close together once you're well geared. At that point, you could almost pick what you want for 75, 90, and 100, as long as you don't pick MI or CmS because they're way behind.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2015-08-05 at 03:01 PM.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    I am maybe hijacking the thread, but i will ask anyway
    Since i never played frost in PvE and i have litteraly no idea what i am doing except applying common logic and my experience with the other two specs in my actions, i would like to ask is there any guide from the "Tips and Tricks for Frost in HFC" type, because the only information i find here and in alter time forums is the same everywhere - how my stats prio depends on current gear, talent choice and raid comp, what is better trinket combo from a list of available options and how i have to sim myself to understand xxxxx action/choice of xxxx gear piece over another........ it's get boring to read the same questions and the same guides that are starting to feel like copy/paste to me, because to be honest i don't see how one guide can be different from the other since they are explaining the same thing.
    I remember there was a list of spec+talents+some tricks per encounter in BRF, all tho i think i haven't saw those guides any explanation for frost, only for fire and arcane. Anyway... Since this tier FotM is arcane/frost i am trying to find something similar for frost, but all i find is same ol' "guides" that are just explanation how the spec works. Nothing specific per encounter, nor some tips and tricks, unless i haven't searched good enough.
    So my question or request is if someone know a thread in any forum made by an experienced frost mage i will appreciate it a lot
    Last edited by mmoc0c907153ea; 2015-08-06 at 12:32 PM.

Altered Time gen chat has a sticky building up a list of tips and tricks for all specs and bosses. Some are better than others, and it's a work in progress
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2015-08-06 at 02:58 PM.

Deleted
    Silly question but, with class trinket you still dont cast non FoF Ice Lances right?

Quote Originally Posted by Uzume View Post
    Silly question but, with class trinket you still dont cast non FoF Ice Lances right?
    Correct, unless the boss is at like 0.5% and you have time to dump your icicles