Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I miss the days where instances weren't even a thing. Want to a dungeon? Sure go ahead, but you're going to have to fight over it with other players. That was fun.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    I miss the days where instances weren't even a thing. Want to a dungeon? Sure go ahead, but you're going to have to fight over it with other players. That was fun.
    Yeah, I really (no joke) had tons of fun playing classic Ragnarok Online and having to go through actual dungeons where there was competition for the bosses (called MVPs in the game). At one point my old guild would have me set a timer in real life so that we could go and try to get a shot at one of the weaker bosses but drama would ensue because the big try hard guild that dominated our server had people EVERYWHERE taking any spawn.

Got so salty over that but damn it was fun too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaostar View Post
    Remove LFR/LFG. Keep the "Premade Groups". Remove achievements from killing bosses. Make 5man bosses drop materials. Get geared through professions using materials from bosses and from killing mobs in areas like tyr's hand and isle of quel'danas. Balance server ratios by offering free migrations AND offering a small reward with it (a mount, a pet,something like that). Separate pvp from pve. Allow creation of pvp-only characters.
    I have went from being casual to being hardcore to being casual again and i have to say this:
    When i started the game,being casual,i was inspecting all those pro players jumping around in shattrath and that was healthy for me cause it was giving me reasons to be better. Yes paying the game is a reason to allow a player to see what he pays. But the game is not a whore that you will just pay and sit back while she gives you a blowjob. The game is a game and as in every game there are better and worst players but they all know (and accept) that you have to invest something in order to get something back.
    I actually like some of these ideas but don't ever see them happening. Removing LFR/LFD would cause even more people to unsub. Would LOVE to see pvp and pve separated but again, that's not going to happen for whatever reason.

Wish we could have more horizontal progression versus "hey do this dungeon to gear up for this raid then do this raid and never return to this dungeon!".
    Last edited by Lisa Frank Succubus; 2015-08-05 at 12:54 AM.

Those days were horrible. Waiting outside the dungeon and trying to enter for hours, and then moving to another dungeon and the same story.

Quote Originally Posted by Azshara View Post
    Blizzard needs to top instancing everything. We need more world interactions, not sitting in a queue and waiting or garrison missions.

Open world was what got me into WoW, no load screens means more immersive.

With most of the content behind a menu, all we have now is loading screen after loading screen.

I can't really get immersed in menus...
    PLEASE, what happened to the game? Now you can do everything in a menu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabacr View Post
    I actually like some of these ideas but don't ever see them happening. Removing LFR/LFD would cause even more people to unsub.
    I dont even know if this is even a word but EASYNESS killed wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Akiorah View Post
    Those days were horrible. Waiting outside the dungeon and trying to enter for hours, and then moving to another dungeon and the same story.
    I don't think we're talking about the same thing bro. I'm talking about games that required a pair to play.

I don't think we're talking about the same thing bro. I'm talking about games that required a pair to play.
    Ahhh now i get it. I am talking when my server was so overpopulated (i think that was the reason) that no one was able to enter in any dungeon. You had to wait outside and try to enter for hours. I dont know if LFD fixed it, but when LFD appeared i was able to enter into dungeons again.

Quote Originally Posted by zetitup View Post
    TBC - People sat in Shatrath City
    WotLK - People sat in Dalaran
    Cata - People sat in SW / Orgrimmar
    MoP - People sat in Shrines
    WoD - People sits in Garrison <-- When did this become any different than the other exp? You still have trade chat and general chat in garrisons...
    Ah, that good ol' BS excuse. I didn't play in TBC and Wrath, so I can't say much about them. But in Cata, the only reason we sat was to get into dungeons that WERE RELEVANT TO THE GAME. Sitting was what we did when waiting, not what we played to do. In MoP, there were plenty of dailies to do and not much reason to sit around in the Shrines. I remember spending more time in the Farm and then later in the expansion, I spent more time in the new hubs with ACTUAL NEW CONTENT FOR ME TO DO. In Warlords, we sat in the Garrison. Not waiting for queues to pop (unless it was LFR once a week) or heading out to do dailies with any coherent story, just clicking on shit in the Garrison. And "There's chat" isn't good enough. You can't see other players. It's nothing but text in a box. You're alone in your merry menu clicking land.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zetitup View Post
    TBC - People sat in Shatrath City
    WotLK - People sat in Dalaran
    Cata - People sat in SW / Orgrimmar
    MoP - People sat in Shrines
    WoD - People sits in Garrison <-- When did this become any different than the other exp? You still have trade chat and general chat in garrisons...
    It became different when a single xpac lost 44% of subscribers in 8 months.
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    If you guys know so much about what we "need" - why not share it on the official forums?
    That would imply they were actually paying for WoW.

Because fighting over a rare spawn against five-thirty people was such a great idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrison missions aren't bad, I actually like them for the most part. The problem is when people think they are meant to replace other forms of content, that is the problem in WoD. Instead of complementing other forms of content Missions can just replace them by giving better rewards. You won't get as much gold, items or resources by doing Apexis dailies which can take around maybe 10 minutes as you would sending your followers out on a mission by clicking on Master Plan.

I would like Garrison missions to be included in the future in some way, because its intended purpose of offline progression works, what doesn't work is that there are no better alternatives present to non raiders. If they had dailies which would give better rewards and were engaging we wouldn't have much of a problem.
    Black Lives Matter

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    We don't need more in the world. We don't need more in the dungeons. We don't need more in the raids.

We just need more options.
    You're wrong. We -do- need more in the world. Instancing has ruined a lot of potential interactions and ontop of it all fucked up rare spawns.

We've got far more options in the game than we've ever had before. Don't come here with such ridiculous comments.

Options is what ruined this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    Garrison missions aren't bad, I actually like them for the most part. The problem is when people think they are meant to replace other forms of content, that is the problem in WoD. Instead of complementing other forms of content Missions can just replace them by giving better rewards. You won't get as much gold, items or resources by doing Apexis dailies which can take around maybe 10 minutes as you would sending your followers out on a mission by clicking on Master Plan.

I would like Garrison missions to be included in the future in some way, because its intended purpose of offline progression works, what doesn't work is that there are no better alternatives present to non raiders. If they had dailies which would give better rewards and were engaging we wouldn't have much of a problem.
    Agreed, as a matter of fact, 6.2 feels like it's pushing it in that direction...indirectly. The Shipyard has much more 'spaced out' or minor rewards, it's 'big' rewards are much rarer(Apexis/Gold missions), and the raid box mission from it doesn't give you gear better than what you're currently doing(no longer gives 'heroic' if you've just started normals for example). Similarly the follower table got very little this patch, and what it did get was mostly vanity or oddball currency/use items that are 'less than weekly' in how often they appear.

Ideally, I would like to see whatever the 'evolution' of the garrison is in the next expac(if they keep it) to be minor gains and lower involvement. more '1 day+' missions, less followers overall(maybe more 'customize-able' counters like Shipyard, but cheaper to switch out), and rewards, at best, being minor currencies or small amounts of whatever the new 'apexis' will be(either as much as or less than what dailies/dungeons give in the same time frame).

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    We don't need more in the world. We don't need more in the dungeons. We don't need more in the raids.

We just need more options.
    Most things in WoD were entirely optional. Part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Because fighting over a rare spawn against five-thirty people was such a great idea.
    Yeah actually it was. Back when world pvp was actually a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    Most things in WoD were entirely optional. Part of the problem.
    QFT. The fact that most things are gathered into one convenient location is bad. We need to roam, explore, pillage, and plunder!