Deleted

How would you boost world PvP?

How would you boost world PvP? (assuming you want it boosted ofcourse).

The no-flying did very little for world PvP as the main problem seems to be faction imbalance on servers. There are very few PvP servers that have horde/alliance close to 50/50 ratio's. More often (im on Kazzak) the ratio's are 80/90% in favour of one faction which makes world PvP real hard.

Also, the rewards. Non existend before WoD causing absolutelty no incentive to do em outdoor PvP. The nemesis quest-series brought a partial idea to the table: race specific rewards in the form of titles. Kill X ammount of race, and gain the title Gnomebane for example. But IMO it should not stop there.

Would it be an idea to have each outdoor kill rewarded with say, 25 honour points or even conquest? Only against people of the same level to prevent lowby camping. Would this be enough or should other systems be in check aswell like using CRZ to force a 50/50 horde/alliance ratio?

Thoughts?

The only thing required is an active hub where people will naturally pool (dailies that actually matter and people want to do each day, instance portals that have to be entered manually, etc) with no flying, and forced population ratios through cross realm if necessary. Rewards have never been a factor, and have nothing to do with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Would it be an idea to have each outdoor kill rewarded with say, 25 honour points or even conquest? Only against people of the same level to prevent lowby camping.
    I'd love to see them increase honor for wPvP. 25 honor per outdoor kill? Yes, please give me a reason to actually skulk around WoD zones and ambush players. Unless I'm leveling an alt and going through Hellfire Peninsula, I tend to forget that I'm on a PvP realm.

I also want to point out that no flying did a great deal for wPvP, at least for me during the launch. I remember seeing so many wPvP groups in the Raid Finder camping outside Highmaul. It was probably the most fun I've had in WoD. I got so many stacks of bones from it too. This would'nt have been possible if people could just fly into the raid. Instead, they had to make a choice: Run past the bridge we were camping and hope that you could make it inside before you dropped or team up with the other 4-5 raid groups and try to crush us. I'd also like to point out that corpse running wasn't an option either. The place was bugged, so you either had to get rezzed or take the graveyard rez.

15+ Year Old Account
    New capital city boss fight mechanics with weekly chance of dropping pvp epics and gold, and a very very very small chance of dropping a 3 seater flying mount which looks different for each faction.

Alliance : a black painted flying machine, 2 of your allies can stand on the chopper's skids and grab onto the flying machine spec ops style! :P the ultimate si:7 drop off vehicle!

Also, wintergrasp, tol barad, ashran should award us with chests that have a chance to give powerful pvp gear should we succeed in winning them.

New global pvp objectives like the ones BC had.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2015-08-05 at 08:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    See what they did in BC? PVP objectives in the open world zones? That.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    ashran should award us with chests that have a chance to give powerful pvp gear should we succeed in winning them.
    The weekly ashran win has a chance to give you BiS pvp gear.

Completing ANY ashran event (win as well) gives you a chance to get the blue quality gear. Both of which are strong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    The weekly ashran win has a chance to give you BiS pvp gear.

Completing ANY ashran event (win as well) gives you a chance to get the blue quality gear. Both of which are strong.
    But Ashran isnt really World PvP..

You don't need rewards or objectives or anything like that. You need a place to do it.

Tempest keep summoning stone, Isle of Quel'Danas, Wintergrasp outside of the battle, scholazar and son of hodir dailies... even cata and mop had molten front and daily areas + timeless isle.

WoD is the first expansion that really just had no place to fight over. Tanaan made this a little better, but still it's rather slim pickings if you don't form a group to attack the opposing hub in tanaan.

Deleted
    I wouldn't. Fuck world PvP and and creatures that scream for it.