Poll: Would you wanna see a return in scenario's

10+ Year Old Account

Would you like a return of MoP's scenario's style?

Each patch containing a few scenarios that say something about a zone in a quick dungeon styled way.
    MoP had loads of them and i personally loved them.
    The WoD scenarios are completely garbage though, you see some during leveling and its not even near the same experience as MoP gave.

So would you see a return of old scenario's style of gameplay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    I didn't mind the scenarios, but only did some normal ones... it was fast and good rewards so why not.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.
    Scenarios are fine the way WoD used them (culmination of storylines).
    I never saw the point using them as an endgame element though, since it's a mindless "DPS only" slaughter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    No.
    Scenarios are fine the way WoD used them (culmination of storylines).
    I never saw the point using them as an endgame element though, since it's a mindless "DPS only" slaughter.
    The reason they didn't see much participation was the lousy rewards.
    Were they as rewarding as 5-mans, i think they would see much higher participation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladebarrier View Post
    The reason they didn't see much participation was the lousy rewards.
    Were they as rewarding as 5-mans, i think they would see much higher participation.
    Wrong.
    There was no faster way to cap valor (which was mandatory due to ilvl upgrades) than doing heroic scenarios back in the day.

I loved them, ran a number of alts that I just used for gathering or prof, got me to play them. Kinda ticked me off when they took off loot from the mobs though (cloth greens Etc) because it was slowing down the challenge mode runs in it because they "felt" they had to loot.

Yes please. Can't have enough stuff to do imo.

Yeah of course, most of them weren't really great, but they were a nice and fun thing to do on offnights or when I just had limited time, and they don't take much developer resources since they just use prexisting parts of the world with maybe just a few alterations. More options and things to do is pretty much always a good thing.

Stuff like Battle on the High Seas, which I loved especially would be nice.

Deleted
    I don't know about you but if there's anything I dislike it's timed events that aren't skippable that you've seen a billion times before.

Sure, specially the Troves of the Thunder King style of scenario. Solo/three player interactive playgrounds.

Deleted
    id rather have extra 5man dungeons

Deleted
    I enjoyed solo scenario's as a part of storytelling (for instance in isle of thunder and the brewery).
    Group scenario's were just bad dungeons done for a daily cache or loot.

No, fuck scenarios. My memories of scenarios is me fighting alone because all the others are fucking dead and don't even bother to come back.

I miss scenarios so much. They were an excellent step toward making the game more about small group content rather than focusing so heavily on raids, offering something a lot more bitesize than the usual fare that you could hop into without even waiting around on queue times. The heroic scenarios also offered some really awesome new gameplay challenges in the way they had to be designed without a tank/healer role being filled.

I loved everything about them, and they definitely catered to a very strong niche that helped keep me super engaged for the whole of MoP. I dearly hope they make a return in X6.