Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyclone View Post
    Ultimately, the goal here is to break the vocal minority/silent majority mentality and instead dig down into the root of the problems. You can identify easily at what stage are things not working and what things you are doing right. Base your strategy and development to build up your weaknesses and to take advantage of your strengths.

It works for countless companies around the world.
    Yes it does, and very well.

If you ever tried out the Amazon MTurk and worked the surveys, you'll find the protocols are extensive (especially from high quality survey companies and universities). The best ones you must ore-qualify with some expertise and I do very extensive surveys and media reviews.

BUT, surveys are done by companies/research projects that truly want to know the info to improve, not push agendas (like raid or die).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orca2425 View Post
    players are not game developers
    Exactly. Every single player in the world that has ever taken up video game development as day job, immediately stopped playing video games.

Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Exactly. Every single player in the world that has ever taken up video game development as day job, immediately stopped playing video games.

Yeah.
    Or, players who turned into "video game designers" after complaining on forums; staged ingame literal riots over class designs and now senior management in the very industry they threatened and insulted. ^-^

But when the tables are turned, they're now "experts" and what was good for the goose, is met with BAN HIM, as a response.

Wonder if those "kids" trade war stories with Smedley now as a "game designer", too.?
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Scyclone View Post
    If 20% of your customer base supplies 80% of your revenue stream, then you cater to the 20% predominantly over the contention of the other 80%.
    I think you don't know how important that passage is, it can explain so much of the actual model... It's prob 30%-50% of the solution why WoW is in the state it is.

Very important concept to keep in mind.

Post thinking: We may regret, in the future, not fighting more @ the time to avoid the inclusion of cash shop.
    Last edited by edmorte; 2015-08-27 at 06:07 PM.
    Everyone having an Artifact equals nobody having one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edmorte View Post
    Post thinking: We may regret, in the future, not fighting more @ the time to avoid the inclusion of cash shop.
    Blizzard is banking on indifference; apathy; peer pressure -- and bans -- to deter any such ambitions, as getting the best product for the buck is a "sin" to them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I'm a stone mason. It doesn't matter what I think my wall looks like. At the end of the day. The person who judges the wall Is our customer. usually someone's wife. She probably doesn't know a thing about bricklaying or masonry. If the customer doesn't like it, I don't like it. Doesn't matter if i did everythig exactly the way a mason is supposed to. If she doesn't like the way it looks in her house it's getting torn down. The customers pay my wages. The game developers need to stop being so arrogant. It's not their job to tell me what I'm supposed to like, or what I'm supposed to find fun about their game.
    When you can afford the millions to pay those developers yourself, you can have a game which is tailored specifically to everything you ever wanted. In the meantime, Blizzard are trying to build a game for a very diverse playerbase who enjoy different and contradictory things. When Blizzard implement something you didn't enjoy, they probably weren't implementing it for you - but for someone else who likes something different to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bench333 View Post
    When you can afford the millions to pay those developers yourself, you can have a game which is tailored specifically to everything you ever wanted. In the meantime, Blizzard are trying to build a game for a very diverse playerbase who enjoy different and contradictory things. When Blizzard implement something you didn't enjoy, they probably weren't implementing it for you - but for someone else who likes something different to you.
    Like hating Paladins so much from EQ and made sure to bring it to WoW (and then claim by company policy that they can't develop classes personally for their own interests [HA!])! -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Blizzard is banking on indifference; apathy; peer pressure -- and bans -- to deter any such ambitions, as getting the best product for the buck is a "sin" to them.
    Isn't it more likely they're banking on the Hearthstone model instead? Minimum work, maximum income. They won't care they're loving players if it costs them little enough to develop and brings in enough money from box buying and the Ca$h$hop. I think there will be lots of corners cut on Legion. Artifact weapons are perfect example, look at all the weapons they don't have to do art for or balance now.
    Impeach the MF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FeedsOnDevTears View Post
    Isn't it more likely they're banking on the Hearthstone model instead? Minimum work, maximum income. They won't care they're loving players if it costs them little enough to develop and brings in enough money from box buying and the Ca$h$hop. I think there will be lots of corners cut on Legion. Artifact weapons are perfect example, look at all the weapons they don't have to do art for or balance now.
    Can't tell, as there maybe something else in the pipeline. WoW is the product Blizzard is known by, and in gaming, you have to be known to attract that attention. Look at Steam and see how hard it is for the indies to break into the market as it is. Without name recognition and/or publicity games are released to no waiting crowd to buy it. Why Blizzard made sure to make those side games that live within the Blizzard network.

I won't play those other games as that's not what why I'm even playing WoW for. Why folks rarely see me mention their other games. Not interested in them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Perfectly spoken.

- - - Updated - - -

Half is not enough, 50% is an F.
    Only about 5% of the player base if that, uses the forums and complains about every tiny thing. The rest are enjoying the game.