Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    It's still a great buff, and at least theoretical max dps is near the top now, not sure how the ring affects the simc profiles. At least in my opinion there is more to shoot for now, knowing that with perfect play we can get a lot more from the spec. Obviously in reality we wont be top dps but as someone still progressing, such a nice buff has me excited.

Deleted
    How exactly is theoretical dps near the top now?

Doesnt simc represent max theoretical single target dps?

For single target, factoring in the buffs to the current simc profile, we should be near the top. no other specs except ww and feral got buffed. Unless the profiles for other specs arent using the legendary ring properly, I dont see how we wouldnt be competive in that theoretical patchwork scenario. Granted it requires BiS, perfect play, etc, but so do the other spec's profiles.

My experience with simc is a bare minimum though so please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Deleted
    Well I havent looked at reports yet... the one that got linked in this thread showed us going from 85 to 108k, thats a 23k dps increase from previous one, basically an around 28% increase. I really don't see how we can get a 28% increase in single target patchwork fight considering the buffs we had were in the range of 10-20% on some spells. So either something was wrong before, or it's wrong now. Or the other logic explaination is that the 6.2 report wasnt considering the legendary ring, while the 6.2.2 one is including it (795 or what level?). If that's the case I would love to see other classes dps as well because I feel they went up quite a bit as well.

I'm starting to think there's a bug in SimC.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by sauzer View Post
    Well I havent looked at reports yet... the one that got linked in this thread showed us going from 85 to 108k, thats a 23k dps increase from previous one, basically an around 28% increase. I really don't see how we can get a 28% increase in single target patchwork fight considering the buffs we had were in the range of 10-20% on some spells. So either something was wrong before, or it's wrong now. Or the other logic explaination is that the 6.2 report wasnt considering the legendary ring, while the 6.2.2 one is including it (795 or what level?). If that's the case I would love to see other classes dps as well because I feel they went up quite a bit as well.
    It's a mix of APL optimization (should account for ~6k+ dps) and 6.2.2 buffs.

@ Kilee

The sims were also done with the override commands with non-bugged simc client so it should be correct.

Deleted
    Do you have the simc report for all classes in 6.2.2?

Deleted
    I PvP as shadow. Imo one of the most rewarding classes to plyay albeit complicated. Only thing is I get completely shat on by some melee classes in 2s and I'd really like a tiny bit more survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmills View Post
    Shadow for me right now feels slow and unrewarding. Casters are supposed to feel fast paced and nuke mobs... Shadow applies dots...waits for 3 orbs... DPs...and then has to stand there and channel insanity..
    Well its just a different kind of caster. DoT classes aren't supposed to be about nuking things in the first place. If that's what you want play mage.

Quote Originally Posted by dippinsawse View Post
    Well its just a different kind of caster. DoT classes aren't supposed to be about nuking things in the first place. If that's what you want play mage.
    It was like that before dot damage was nerfed into oblivion. Nowadays, you'll die out of age before your dots kill anything which has at least same number of hit points as your character.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I'm not too sure about PvE as shadow. I was always a PvP player on my shadow priest, and I love it!!!!
    I have never tried raiding as shadow, but I've played the class long enough to think I would do quite well, by my own personal standards.

Best of luck if you decide to try it out!

I do not enjoy playing shadow currently, it feels cluncy (part of that is because of constant retargeting, I do not like how nameplates behave today).

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    I do not enjoy playing shadow currently, it feels cluncy (part of that is because of constant retargeting, I do not like how nameplates behave today).
    This.
    Yes, the spec is "fine" (tho it feels weak when raiding), but their AoE is terrible and you can't pull many mobs at the same time without needing to retarget each to do some damage, same goes to players.

So basically you will feel good (at least at low iLvl) just when doing Arenas or 1vs1's.