Poll: Would you still buy store mounts if we had recolors in game?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    I don't think people quit over store mounts (ok, very very few may unsub for a while in protest... maybe). But if they were obtainable in game, that would be more, cooler content. Players quit because they lack that, don't they?
    Having more rewards is not the same as having more content.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Having more rewards is not the same as having more content.
    Depends how they are distributed. They can breathe life into content that people have little reason to do. Like the apexis areas - Blizzard put a lot of work into those, but ultimately there's no point in doing them all that much.

Bumping this since I would like to see more results.

Deleted
    I think best solution is to make them BoE. Those players who don't want to spend real money will buy them from other players. More players will buy them from store just to make some quick in game gold.

More money for Blizzard. More mounts for players. Win-win situation.

Deleted
    Why anyone would support the nickle and diming with the shop microtransactions when they already pay a subscription and for expansions is beyond me, one would hope people could show some kind of character and restraint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    I think best solution is to make them BoE. Those players who don't want to spend real money will buy them from other players. More players will buy them from store just to make some quick in game gold.

More money for Blizzard. More mounts for players. Win-win situation.
    Problem is, people already do so but it turns to be an unsecure business for some. That is why Blizzard doesn't allow others to sell ingame goods for real money, or real goods for ingame money. Still people being victims of fraud as they accept a deal to pay gold for a store mount to be gifted, no mount and gold is gone. But I don't mind the idea of BoE's, would make it safer as it would be through the auction as well, though with a chance of higher price.

Though, the OP knows that I find it dumb to try and part with only recolors. The store should have their own models fully. Heck, give me a horse with banner, saddle and bags - then make the horse ingame without banner and bags, and I wouldn't mind.

Oh, and btw OP - not permitted to bump your own threads.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Making them BoE would appease some collectors, but it wouldn't work so well right now. There is already a way to trade cash for gold, the game tokens, and those are more valuable for Blizzard because they also keep more people playing, in theory. So they wouldn't want to mess that up, because buying store mounts with gold is much less likely to keep people subbed.

I would agree with Gheco that store mounts could have extra ornaments, although in the case of the Grinning Reaver it's the armor that gives it its identity, and it should be a Laughing Skull mount as is. Fairy Dragons could stand to lose the armor, though more likely they would lose the shifting color and come in 3 fixed variations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Oh, and btw OP - not permitted to bump your own threads.
    I'm sorry it's not, but I think it's important to get a larger sample pool, because it's only the first two options that are really interesting, and there aren't even 100 answers combined for those. If it keeps slipping down I'll let it die.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should also add TCG mounts like Spectral Tiger. More money to Blizzard for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    I think they should also add TCG mounts like Spectral Tiger. More money to Blizzard for sure.
    I doubt that's possible. TCG was released by another company, most likely Blizzard has agreement with them that prevents Blizzard from releasing those items separately from TCG.

Deleted
    Blizzard don't want compromises, they're doing store mounts for money. Nothing else.

Exclusive & beautiful mounts = more buyers.