7+ Year Old Account

What is your leveling history in WoW?

I'm interested to see everyone's (full or brief) story behind your characters in WoW and how you leveled them. Feel free to open your mind and tell us about your most beloved characters that you are attached to.

Here is my history:

Vanilla: Horde - Male Orc - Hunter - I some how acquired one of those free trial "CDs", I believe it was for 7-10 days. I rolled the following character and never made it past the starting area. At the time was I was deep into SWG and just abandoned this character all together. He ended up being deleted but I don't even remember doing it.

TBC: Alliance - Male Draenei - Paladin - This was my real first attempt to play WoW. I leveled this character all the way to 55 and met a lot of interesting people. Dungeons were fun and I played with a lot of real life friends. Since then I have converted her to a female and have leveled her all the way to 80, she sits abandoned at this time.

Wrath: Alliance - Male NE - Death Kinght - As stated above I abandoned my Paladin to run the new DK. I still remember that bugged quest in Eastern Plaguelands where there was this boss on a hill by this little shack and it was linked to another add it shouldn't have been. Took a while to finally kill him. I leveled this character all the way through Outlands and Northrend getting him to 80. I still remember the ridiculous gold grind to buy Northrend flying. At that time though it was tough to get into a good guild if you were low geared so I never got to experience the higher raid tiers with the Litch King.

Wrath: Horde - Female BE - Hunter - I went back to my roots and had planned on reaching level 80 at the time. I leveled all way to around 70, but once I reached Outland/Hellfire again I just couldn't bare to go through it again. She ended up being boosted to 100 during WOD and have since been playing her on and off. She is currently level 93.

Cataclysm: Alliance - Male Worgen - Warrior - I started over from level 1 and some how managed to get through Cataclysms horrible leveling to 85. This is the only character to date where I did not do LFR (Dragonsoul). To this day I still love my Worgen and Northrend.

MOP: Alliance - Male Pandaren - Monk/Mistweaver - After all the hype of the expansion I told myself that I was going to finally level a healer. Well guys I didn't make it lol. He was abandoned at level 70. I might continue to level or boost him one day. I still like the lightning affect though, reminds me of Starwars talents. After this character I went back to my Warrior as stated above.

MOP: Alliance - Female Draenei - Blood DK - This was my first attempt at tanking, I mean I have tanked some raids in WOD with my warrior, but have only reached level 63 so far and have tanked a few Outland dungeons. That being said I've always been a DPS/melee type of guy. She sits abandoned for when i'm bored of all of my other characters.

WOD: Alliance - Male Worgen - Druid - I had ran low level druids on other servers but always ended up deleting them from boredom. I finally got this guy all the way 46. I'm currently playing this one off and on enjoying the classic vanilla dungeons.

WOD: Alliance - Male NE - Monk - This is my want to be Demon Hunter currently. Trying to get some good transmogs to resemble one. He is currently level 20 and will probably be abandoned when the Demon Hunter comes out. It also had my place holder name "IllidariLord".

Geez I think thats all the important ones.. I have a few level 1's that sit there but that's about it.

What your story?

Vanilla, TBC:

Gome Warlock, it was my iconic toon and people still remind me of my gome

Wrath, Cata:

Draenor Shaman, I enjoyed healing so I rolled a shammy

MoP:

I started playing in US servers, rolled a troll shaman this time!

WoD:

Nelf Druid! Had a friend in alliance side started playing the game, so I decided to roll a new class, however still wanted to be a healer. So rolled a resto druid.

My plan fopr legion is to roll a shammy again, shaman just feels like home for me!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have/had a lot of alts, so I'll just mention whatever was relevant...

Vanilla: Orc Warrior - My tank when I would raid ZG, dabble in MC and BWL and get to Stone Guard in PvP. Unfortunately, my brother and I shared an account and deleted him one day. I was not old/smart enough to realize that I could have had him undeleted by Blizzard.

The Burning Crusade: Troll Shaman - My elemental friend where I completed Kara and continued to PvP. I still have this character and managed to keep the Senior Sergeant, even now.

Wrath of the Lich King: Orc Death Knight - In homage to my lost Orc Warrior, I made a Frost Death Knight, until they switched the specs, in which case I turned him Blood. I raided the entirety of this expansion and managed to kill 10-player Lich King on Heroic while the content was current. He became my main until Mists of Pandaria.

Cataclysm: Goblin Hunter - My first hunter ever, I enjoyed the playstyle of survival. Never really did too much other than random normal PuGs on him, but I did raid regularly on my death knight until just before DS, where I took a break from WoW.

Mists of Pandaria: Horde Pandaren Monk (Brewmaster) - Extremely pleased that they added the Pandaren and the brewmaster spec, I rejoined immediately after trying out the beta. My main became this character and I've been raiding at Normal-Heroic-Mythic on current content since I made him.

Warlords of Draenor: Draenei Mage - Since launch I had always been Horde, but my current raiding guild needed us to move to Alliance and a more populated server. Grudgingly, I went. My new main alt is this mage, as I still use the brewmaster.

Legion: Night Elf Demon Hunter - I'll give them a try in Beta to see if I enjoy their playstyle. If so, I'll likely switch over to one of these bad boys.

Vanilla,BC,Wrath: NE hunter throughout.

Cataclysm: race changed to human, which I always wished my hunter could be.

Quit WoW soon after, played a little MoP.

WoD: leveled and played through the expansion with a new Orc hunter.

Legion: Switching back to my human hunter

I play hunters/rangers in pretty much every RPG that lets you.

Mine was all over the place.

Vanilla: Main was a NE priest to level 60.

TBC: BE Mage to 70 as my main then BE Pally to 70.

WotLK: BE Mage to 80, then Tauren Shaman to 80 as my main.

Cata: Tauren Shaman to 85. Barely played.

Pandaria: Tauren Shaman to 90. Tauren Druid to 90 as my main. BE Paladin to 90.

WoD: Draenei Paladin to 100 as my main. Leveling a Human Mage to 100 now.

And lots of Alts along the way.

Vanilla: Human Priest -- this was only a trial account though, doesn't really count for anything.

TBC: Blood Elf Paladin and Human Priest from previous trial. Paladin got to level 48, Priest to 35.

WotLK: This is where I actually sort of started playing the game, and it's the first time that I got level capped on a character. Paladin to 55, Death Knight to 80, Hunter to 80, Priest to 80. Hunter was my main raiding character, heroic progression. Priest was for casual stuff.

Cata: Paladin to 85, Priest to 85, Death Knight to 85. Stopped raiding. Started PvPing. Paladin was my main. Dabbled in a few RBG's, but never made any real progress.

Pandaria: Paladin to 90, Death Knight to 90. Played very little of MoP. Was pretty unenthusiastic about it, honestly.

WoD: Death Knight to 100, Paladin to 100, Warrior to 100. Kinda similar to MoP, honestly. I haven't played very much of WoD. Barely touched any of the content. I've just been busy as hell.

I'm eager for Legion, hoping that it renews some interest in the game. Wrath was my glory days, man.

Vanilla: UD Warlock(main) UD Rogue(alt)

The Burning Crusade: BE Rogue(main) BE Pally(alt) UD Warlock(alt)

Wrath of the Lich King: Human Pally(main) BE Rogue(alt)

Cataclysm: Human Pally(main) Everything else levelled to 85

Mists of Pandaria: Pandaren Monk (main) Everything else levelled to 90.

Warlords of Draenor: Pandaren Monk(main), Human Warlock(alt)

Legion: Night Elf Demon Hunter for sure! Back to my favourite race for my most anticipated class!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRaven View Post
    Mine was all over the place.

Vanilla: Main was a NE priest to level 60.

TBC: BE Mage to 70 as my main then BE Pally to 70.

WotLK: BE Mage to 80, then Tauren Shaman to 80 as my main.

Cata: Tauren Shaman to 85. Barely played.

Pandaria: Tauren Shaman to 90. Tauren Druid to 90 as my main. BE Paladin to 90.

WoD: Draenei Paladin to 100 as my main. Leveling a Human Mage to 100 now.

And lots of Alts along the way.
    Is Horde fun to play since about after TBC days? I've been Alliance almost this whole time.

WotLK: Deleted my first character, the Human Warrior Guyrandom. Then I made a Night Elf Hunter, which eventually became my main character (never changed it) simply because it was the first I got to all 3 level caps. I only purchased the base game initially, with the Burning Crusade following shortly after reaching level 60. I stuck around at level 70 for a few weeks before I got Wrath. Towards the end of Wrath I race changed into a Draenei because I wanted a heal for the soloing I was doing (ZG, Karazhan and Molten Core). During Wrath I created most of my alts (mainly for professions) and got a fair few of them to level 80 (Druid, Death Knight, Paladin and Rogue I think).

Cata: Created other alts so that I had one of each class, with one being a Horde character. I think I ended Cata with all but one or two classes at level 85. Was stuck in the annual plan and had not much else to do in-game.

MoP: Created a Pandaren Monk alt and got it to level 90, along with every other alt. The Monk is the least played character of the lot even I'd only count the playtime since MoP. Created a BoA mule (named Timelessmule) on another server to store all the Timeless stuff and Warbringer tokens.

WoD: I've got 9/11 level 90s from MoP leveled to 100. My Monk is at 98 and my Shaman almost 91. Currently waiting on flight before I'll level them further. My realm got connected to another realm and that opened up additional character slots. Used to WoD boost to create a Horde Rogue for the sole purpose of unlocking lockboxes. After I found out that they removed the vendor value on Warbringer Tokens I promptly mailed all the Timeless stuff to my alts and crafted every single piece of it as vendor fodder. I've created another character, Balefulmule, on some random server. Pretty self explanatory what I use it for.

Legion: I'll level my Hunter first without any doubt. Depending on how professions turn out I'll level up some of my alts to supply my main. Once I have that all set up I'll create a Demon Hunter and level that. Haven't yet decided on what race I'll pick for it though. I'm leaning towards Horde just to get some additional professions running on that faction. Currently only have Herbalism/Inscription on my Warlock.

Vanilla: Made a shit ton of trial accounts, all Dwarf Hunters.
    TBC: Actually bought the game late in the expansion, Female BE priest. Raided Mag a couple times
    Wrath: Leveled BE Priest to 80, Faction changed to Draenei Priest
    Cata: Faction change back to Goblin Priest, then back the Blood Elf
    MoP: Blood Elf entire expansion
    WoD: Faction change to Dwarf Priest.

In that time there had been many many server transfers as well. Almost everytime I faction changed, I server changed as well to join a new guild, play with friends etc. Its been quite the journey.
    - RIP Notorius Thugz - Miss you guys

Vanilla: Human Paladin. My how I was happy when I reached level 40, walking around in half white plate armor from vendors, doing the mount quest. When I finally got to 60, man that was bliss. I had a few alts but didn't really pay much attention to them.

TBC: NE Warrior and Dwarf Paladin. I was trying to go retpally back then in which I was unsuccessful. As for the NE warrior - played as a tank in a raiding guild back then. We managed to clear T4 and half of T5 (mostly serpentshrine)

WoTLK: Undead Rogue and Tauren Warrior. Rogue was the main for the majority of the expansion, I started the warrior close to Cata pre-patch. Was tanking mostly quick runs in 10s and 25s in ICC, no heroics.

Cataclysm: I skipped the first half of the expansion, but I was doing some pvp as a warrior at the start, no pve. With the dragon soul I mained goblin mage and BE pally.

MoP: Orc Warrior and Human Warrior. First tier played the orc, managed to get some heroics but mostly all normals. Skipped ToT. Played as human warrior until WoD. Cleared all heroics.

WoD: Human Warrior for the first tier, for the rest and right now playing as Orc Warrior.

Legion: Probably gonna skip this one, return to GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought this could be fun, but I wont write all my cha- You know what, I'll stay without a list. Don't wish to create a wall of text. Though, do like to read everyone's comments.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I have too many toons to really remember. But from what I do recall:

Vanilla: didn't play

TBC: Started with a night elf druid. Deleted her. Made a blood elf pally followed by a draenei shaman. Alternated leveling the two until I found a good guild on horde. Stuck with my pally for a while and my shaman was leveled sparingly. Eventually changed to my shaman after trying to raid on my paladin only to run into the case of "too many paladins". So joined a guild who was my horde guild's rivals when it came to world PvP, leveled my shaman from 63-70 in a week, geared myself via PvP in another week, and was raiding. Leveled my night elf druid to 70 during this and started on a draenei warrior, gnome rogue, human mage, blood elf priest, blood elf hunter, and blood elf warlock. Also had an orc warlock at one point but deleted her and made the blood elf warlock.

WotLK: Got my shaman and druid to max level first followed by my blood elf paladin and priest. Leveled 2 DKs (a night elf and a blood elf) to max level. Also got my rogue, warrior, and mage to max level. My hunter and warlock still sat below max level.

Cata: Got all the same toons from WotLK to max level save my hunter and warlock who I putzed around on. Also rolled some of the new class combinations like gnome priest, troll druid, orc mage only to get deleted or ignored. Made a goblin rogue and worgen warlock as well. Worgen got out of the starting area and sat. Goblin sat in the starting area.

MoP: Leveled my shaman and druid to 90. Tried to level a monk but couldn't bother after the starting zone. Also tried to make a Pandaren shaman. She went untouched. Finished my goblin's starting zone experience from Cata only for her to sit in Orgrimmar afterward untouched. Got bored and quit the game. Came back and got my priest and paladin to 90 but couldn't bring myself to level any other toons. Remained bored.

WoD: Leveled my shaman and druid to 100. Leveled the rest of my toons to 100 including the oft forgotten warlock and hunter from TBC and the once max level toons I didn't bother to level in MoP. Monk still sits at 72 and is now relegated to leveling via holidays like my hunter and warlock used to be as well as the daily to gain the experience buff. Leveled some of my low level Cata toons and made a few new ones but all are level 12-62.

Guess we'll see how Legion goes and if it'll be compelling enough for me to level all of my toons to max level and maybe a few I've left sit around that have never hit max level.

I'm excluding my boosted 90s since they're just sitting in their level 1 garrisons untouched. May level them after patch 6.2.2 hits and just go treasure hunting.