Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why does that have to be 2.0 and cannot be another xpac?
    det for real.

The reason it can't be another expansion is people need the long haul journey again. You have to reboot, and everyone does.

If Blizzard announced this kind of expansion, and they have been working on this expansion for over 4 years, and plans to release information today. You would think it was a new game. So you might as well package it as that.

I would love for Blizzard to announce an expansion that they had been working on for 6 years. That turd better be extremely polished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

10+ Year Old Account
    All this and no mention of the Alliance revitalizing Stromgarde as a new capital city and its primary staging ground against the Forsaken? Tsk, tsk.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

This sounds like a really large expansion in which a lot of new content is created, but nothing fundamental about the game changes. WoW 2.0 would need to be a modern mmo, made the way the developers would want to start out the game today without the compromises and patches of 10+ years. I don't see a point to it otherwise, and I doubt Blizz would invest that kind of money in today's environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopotamus View Post
    Control, technically Night Elves and Blood Elves have the same problem due to their affinity towards the Arcane and Fel magics, it's all about control.
    no, there's a different here. elves aren't easily mutated by fel, they just have a need for magic in general. metamorphosis for them wouldn't be as dangerous. for eredar, we've seen that they have appeared as two or three different types of demon: man'ari, wrathguard, and i think there's one other type of demon.

with them so easily mutated, it just seems like it would be very unsafe for them to do it.

World of Warcraft II: Rise of Azeroth

New Races

Ogres (H) - Rexxar has returned, and held council with the Stonemaul, Gordunni, and Dunemaul ogres, bringing them into the Horde, and setting up shop in a new section of Orgrimmar.

Classes - Mage, Warlock, Priest, Demon Hunter, Hunter, Shaman, Warrior, Death Knight.
    JUST NO, how the hell could an Orge become an Demon Hunter?

World of Warcraft II: Rise of Azeroth

+ World Size increased by 50% so each continent is 50% bigger.

+ Updated Graphics across the board. Still WoW style Cartoony, but smoothed out.

+ Zone Phasing based on Zone Completion. Ex: When you complete a zone, things feel finished up, no constant never ending battles/bad guys still in areas you cleared. Storys feel finished. Future Expansions can come in and add high level quests to different zones that are phased out.

- Following the events of Legion this would take place approximately four to six years after the end of Legion. Sense that time Azeroth has died down in excitment. It has returned to its pre-orc times of peace, but this will soon end. Forces on all sides are rising up to take what they believe is rightfully theirs. Zones have changed due to the long term affects of the Earthwarders destreuction, but it has been mostly positive, and some new ones have been "discovered".

- Tyrannde has convinced Malfurion to give up Cenarion lands in Felwood, and has taken drastic measures to drive the Horde out; she has also driven the Horde out of western Ashenvale and Darkshore.

- Sylvannas has claimed the entirety of Gilneas, and made it a breeding ground for spiders, and bats for her army, but Darius Crowley constantly resists her from the Alliance claimed Tol'barad. While Stormpike dwarves, and many humans of Alterac cause trouble in the mountains above Hillsbrad.

- Jaina rebuilt Theramore in the after math and vowed to drive the Horde from Dustwallow. In her push she drove out the Stonemaul, and their allies; as well as the Grimtotem, but lost the battle in Southern Barrens. However, to ensure the Horde cannot readily counter attack she has built a large fortress at the entrance to the Marsh.

- Anduin has helped the dwarves drive the Horde out of the Verdant Gorge, north of Blackrock Mountain, as well as drive the Blackrock themselves out Redridge.

- The Blackrock Clan (and Allies), Dragonmaw Clan, and even a large number of Grimtotem have joined the Horde under new leadership, and this has led to a breakout of constant Battle in the Twilight Highlands, and within Blackrock Mountain.

- The Night Elves have found a cure to the curse of the Furbolgs, and have started rallying many of them to their cause, and in the midst of the confusion, has taken advantage of a mishap of the Horde to sway the Timbermaw into the Alliance.

New Races

Ogres (H) - Rexxar has returned, and held council with the Stonemaul, Gordunni, and Dunemaul ogres, bringing them into the Horde, and setting up shop in a new section of Orgrimmar.

Classes - Mage, Warlock, Priest, Demon Hunter, Hunter, Shaman, Warrior, Death Knight.

High Elves (A) - The High Elves have long been Allies of the Alliance, but to keep her people safe Vereesa hid many High Elves peacefully away in Northeron, and kept the area of Enchanted Elven Forest hidden through additional magics, but they have been discovered by Lor'themar Theron, and the Blood Elves, and forced to flee to Stormwind and Kul'tiras.

Classes - Mage, Priest, Monk, Rogue, Demon Hunter, Hunter, Warrior, Paladin, Death Knight.

Vargul (H) - After Arthas first became the Lich King, he ordered the Crypt Lord Tuten'arak to find a lost island that was to have been the burial place for many Vrykul. Tuten'arak, a small group of necromancers, and a hand of undead nerubians arrived on the island only to be frozen by Vrykul traps, and locked in that moment, until now. After the fall of the Legion, Sylvannas learned of this place, and went hunting for it. When her henchmen arrived they found the the Cult of the Damned had also recently discovered the place but had not been able to enter, however Nanthos found a hidden way in, and when he freed Tuten'arak from his icy prison then Crypt Lord vowed that he, and the undead army that he had come to claim, would follow this "Banshee Queen" to the gates of hell, for saving them, and keeping them out of the grasp of a New Scourge.

Classes - Mage, Priest, Rogue, Hunter, Shaman, Warrior, Death Knight.

Furbolgs (A) - After a large group of Timbermaw were attack by a Horde raiding party, who had thought them apart of the Alliance's new found furbolg forces, they were quickly swayed into joining the Alliance, and have sense acted quickly to free as many furbolg from the curse as possible and rally them to into the Alliance.

Classes - Priest, Mage, Rogue, Druid, Hunter, Shaman, Warrior.

New Race/Class Combos

+ Human Demon Hunter
    + Draenei Demon Hunter
    + Orc Demon Hunter
    + Forsaken Demon Hunter
    + Troll Paladin

New Specializations

Guardian Shaman: Earth Tank, uses two handed weapons.
    Marksman Rogue: Range Assassin, uses bows, crossbows, or duel pistols/crossbows.
    + Combat made into a tank spec.
    Inquisition Paladin: Slow casting, heavy hitting, spell DPS.
    Necrotic Death Knight: DoT/AoE focused Spell DPS, also focus on summoning more then one minion at a time.
    Gladiator Warrior: Sword'n'board DPS, with the ability to equip spear in the main-hand, and a shield in the off-hand.
    Primal Hunter: Melee Tank, focus on buffing, and sustaining his pet in combat.
    Chi Dancer Monk: Spellcaster, based of the Stance of the Crane, minor healing aswell.
    Inquisition Priest: Holy Spell DPS.
    Chrono Mage: Reverse time healing.
    Chaos Warlock: Melee/Spellcaster Tank, focus on absorbing/sacrificing your demons.
    Redemption Demon Hunter: Shielding Allies/buffing allies, Melee tank.
    Malice Demon Hunter: Glaive throwing, ranged DPS.

New Feature: Housing!

- Players can pick between five house locations, three faction based, and two neutral. Each location will have different options for racial themes.

Pick two primary workstation! This can allow you to craft things from other profession or increase the rate at which you craft things from your professions each of these will give you a weekly quest.

Pick two secondary/gathering workstations, these will also give you a weekly quest each, but fishing, archaeology, pets, and first aid will also give out dailies. While skinning will give traps that you can use in the wild to trap large beasts to take to your local slaughterhouse. Mining and Herbalism will offer small amounts of nodes each (4-6).

Decorate it, and show it off to your friends, have your guild meetings at your Guild Leader's House!

Followers, collect five followers and go on adventures WITH them! Each day one of your followers will gain a daily quest, and hold that quest for three days (so you have a total of three up at a time per-house), and you can only have three in your log at a time. These quests may even require 1-2 more people, and may take you out into scenario like encounters for occasional big rewards!

New Zones

Northrend, Pandaria, Kalimdor, and the Eastern Kingdoms are all included in WoW: 2.0

Azjol'nerub: The depths of the Nerubian Kingdom has opened, and you're going to go find out the truth behind the Faceless Ones' origins.

Northeron: The hidden lands between Quel'thalas and Lordaeron.

Whispering Forest: Thick woods north of Hyjal, between Moonglade and Winterspring, we never noticed because the Timbermaw hold tunnel goes right under it!

Isle of Daggers: Ancient Vrykul Burial place, starting zone for the Vargul.

Kul'tiras: Home to the kingdom of Kul'tiras, but also home to many Gilnean refugees.

Kezan + Lost Isles: Home to the Goblins, but also home to a large number relocated Darkspear Trolls.

Alterac Mountains: A massive set of mountains located between Western Plaguelands, and Hillsbrad.

Ahn'Qiraj: The massive tunnel systems, and temples beneath Sithilus, and Uldum.

Enemies

Horde - Alliance

Cult of the Damned/New Scourge

Twilight's Hammer

Sithilid/Qiraj
    Looks like you put a lot of work into that so well done!

I don't want WoW 2 though, I want a Starcraft MMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marakesh View Post
    This sounds like a really large expansion in which a lot of new content is created, but nothing fundamental about the game changes. WoW 2.0 would need to be a modern mmo, made the way the developers would want to start out the game today without the compromises and patches of 10+ years. I don't see a point to it otherwise, and I doubt Blizz would invest that kind of money in today's environment.
    Aye, when I read it that's what I thought too, sounded like a large expansion rather than a new game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Northeron
    I suppose you mean Greenwood, not Northeron. But anyway...

I rarely like concepts for future WoW expansions and the likes, but this is actually quite interesting. Mostly because some of the ideas coincide with my own ( Phasing zones once you finish them and even allowing you to return to them with a new story to experience at higher levels. Example: Thousand Needles Pre-Cata 25-30, Thousand Needles Post-Cata 30-35, or 35-40, etc ).

Deleted
    I don't think the playable races ever properly convey some of the epic-ness that they should. Obviously we are all heroes but it's my personal opinion the race is diluted once it becomes playable since the player versions can never really do what the lore-versions can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, what WoW needs desperately is a REBOOT that includes a complete change of all its technical and lore designers: ALL OF THEM MUST BE PURGED.

It would be perfect that the WoW reboot just started with the fall of the Lich King, omitting all the events that occurred after that, and developing better stories than those we know ...

It's not a concept, just a bunch of ideas/wishlist.