Prophecy of Fear as a fire mage

I just got this trinket and my current trinkets aren't flash so this is an upgrade for me, but I'm not sure how best to use it.

What I'm after is

1) General tips on how to use it effectively
    2) How to use it best in regards to crystal
    3) How to use it best as a fire mage (scorch?)

I only play fire, please don't tell me to play arcane

10+ Year Old Account
    Its never going to be great for fire unfortunately. You could scorch to get a few more ticks while the buff is up, but that's probably a rather large dps loss as it hits like a wet noodle and will lower your ignite. I would just do what you normally do and ignore the fact you have it :/

Quote Originally Posted by fearmemortals View Post
    I only play fire, please don't tell me to play arcane
    Fair nuf.
    1) crank as many inferno blasts in there as you can, whilst not straying from your rotation.
    2) why would you even use... nvm, just ignore it here and dont use crystal if it's on the boss, wait for it to go away as that 10 sec probly wont change the ammount of crystals total per fight. (if you are raiding)
    3) dont cast scorch ever, use T15/3 talent for that.
    4)Q: what trinket's are BiS for fire mages. A: goren soul repewhateverit'scalled. from oregorger, with soocket>WF but try to get one with both. and then the one from iskar. both class trinket and PoF is realy bad for fire.
    also if you can, go play frost as it's marginals better and much easyer than both fire and arcane to produce good numbers with.
    (im assuming that you are raiding normal at max with all this)

If it procs on the boss right as I want to crystal, should I just ignore it?

yeah id say ignore it entirely because anything you actively do to proc it more would be just as much of a loss of dps, if not more, than you would gain

as fire i mean, and yeah just delay PC if its up, if it procs while PC is up but not on the crystal, ignore it
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

I don't know what you currently have for trinkets, but almost anything is better than that thing for fire. SandMan's Pouch is pretty easy to get and up grade and ranks #3 as one of the best trinkets for Fire.
    I personally use Sandman's and Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia. I was using Iron Reaver Piston before I got the Insigna.

Trinkets:
    http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/fire-ma...t-best-in-slot

Just ignore it and consider it to be passive damage, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by fearmemortals View Post
    If it procs on the boss right as I want to crystal, should I just ignore it?
    never played fire with PC, but i suspect the preparation process for crystal as fire is a long/rare one to do, so yes, if you are fully ready for crystal and doom procs on the boss, just ignore it.
    originaly i was thinking that doom would just delay crystal by 10 sec, but it might delay it more cuz of heating up/pyroblast! preperations.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was also wondering if i should switch my +crapton of crit trinket proc to this poo
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.