Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Arms warrior.

Sweeping strikes, ww, rend, blade storm and dragons breath.

Edit: I just saw that you wanted it for Socrethar. Our locks are pretty damn good at Socrethar.
    Arms Bladestorm blows goats because it doesn't scale with our mastery and the rest are very subpar compared to Fury's Bladestorm. Arms' niche is 2-3 target cleaving.

I don't really consider hunter to be a fantastic dps for AOE. Right now I would probably say Combat Rogue, Ele/Enh Shaman, Destro Lock, and Fury War.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally depends on the scope of said AoE. Burst or sustained and how many waves of trash per minute need killing.

Lol hunter is one of the worst AoE specs in the game, can't imagine what made anyone suggest that. If you wanted hunter AoE they'd have to go BM which is a mediocre spec in all other respects while there are plenty of specs that people -actually play- and are good at AoE.

Burst AOE = fury warrior bladestorm and demo lock. You can look at M Kormrok parses.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is amazing how many people didn't read the OP and just replied 'melee do good aoe'.

As a boomkin I only 'swap' to the ghosts to sunfire them, but I stand between them and the boss so starfall hits everything. We have a destro lock doing most of the work on the ghosts, and another who occasionally stuns them, if his stun and my vortex arn't enough (like when we need to focus the dominator).
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Best DPS for ghosts on soc = Destro warlock and ele shaman. No other ranged dps really does a number on them tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmankill1 View Post
    Demonology used to be king, but blizzard doesn't want you to play them.
    Demo is still very strong for burst AoE. It always sucked on sustained AoE.

Destruction is great on the adds, and you can do a shit ton of havoc cleave onto the boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    Demo is still very strong for burst AoE. It always sucked on sustained AoE.
    Yeah Demo's burst AoE is amazimg. Tired of the argument "blizzard said we shouldn't play Demo, therefore it must be terrible everywhere".

Quote Originally Posted by darkmankill1 View Post
    Demonology used to be king, but blizzard doesn't want you to play them.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Hahahaha. yea. Demo locks clearly can't AOE. Clearly.
    "Niches", my friend. "Niches".

Deleted
    If you're talking about Mythic, you should assign exactly one person to consistently slowing the adds and simply have the Construct use Apocalyptic Felburst on every wave. Anything else is inefficient use of resources.

As a 699 MM hunter I can honestly say my AoE is pretty bad, I can cleave and single target ok but outside of barrage I have multishot and explosive trap... both seem lackluster at best.

Arcane mage with good Mannoroth trinket and Arcane Missile RNG.

Deffinatly Monk! Always monk

Combat Rogue, Enh/Ele Shaman, Demo/Destro Lock, Fury Warrior

For most AOE stuff they are strongest.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4