Timewalking Trinkets - Warlock

I'm well aware that there are other threads for Bis timewalking sets, but not much mention of trinkets specifically.

I've seen people using Touch of the Void a lot, but as OP as the tentacles are, with a 2 min CD is it really the best choice to speed clear TW'ers? What other options work well when scaled? Ghost Iron Dragonling looks good for engineers.

i like my Mythic BBoY...kicks ass :P

With no snapshotting and with haste on it that seems like an awful choice. Theres a spreadsheet someone made with bis for a lot of specs here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1414718021

its all about the massive chaos bolts u get off with it along with the staff proc... i like oneshotting stuff :P

Touch of the Void is unbeatable, it's not even questionable it's the single most op piece of gear in the game ilvl for ilvl, worth 5 Dragonwraths easily. 50% more dmg over the course of the entire dungeon is as extra speed clear as any single piece of gear is going to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone tested Cunning of the Cruel for Timewalking?
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've ran about 20 random TW dungeons. In each one I used my normal raiding gear and we absolutely murdered our way through every single one. Inspected a few members each time and the vast majority of the time their gear never contained anything outside of the last two tiers (1 guy was using Dragonwrath).

My question is, does TW really require a discussion on BiS lists for them?

Disclaimer - not saying you shouldn't discuss it, just wondering why the discussion exists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corn View Post

Disclaimer - not saying you shouldn't discuss it, just wondering why the discussion exists.
    I'm not sure why I'm answering this for the 1000th time, but, apparently, people still can't figure it out, so here goes:

Most players like when their character feels powerful. Usually, the more, the better.

This is a MMORPG whose main progression path (PvE) is based on power, rather than prestige - unless you're in the top 1% of raiding guilds who get their name plastered on sites like this one, your accomplishments will usually be weighed in the amount of items/gear you've accumulated. Most people enjoy this concept and spend a reasonable chunk of their free time in order to progress this goal as far as possible - to have their character feel as powerful as they can.

Keeping this in mind, is it really that hard to imagine why some would jump at a chance to participate in an event which allows them to TRULY feel powerful by optimizing their characters to ludicrous levels? With the newly added TW rewards, you could even look at these BiS lists as tools which allow for the fastest possible acquirement of badges.

Disregarding the pretty likely chance of people simply using old items which are in their bank anyway, do you really feel that adding this layer of involvement (getting/preparing the gear) is a bad thing in a game that sorely lacks content for people who play more than 4 hours a day?

On topic - I've been running with the Tentacles trinket and the Ghost Iron Dragonling and, honestly, I'm not super impressed. Really wish somebody would test some of the older trinkets so that we'd know if it's worthwhile to farm them.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've ran about 20 random TW dungeons. In each one I used my normal raiding gear and we absolutely murdered our way through every single one. Inspected a few members each time and the vast majority of the time their gear never contained anything outside of the last two tiers (1 guy was using Dragonwrath).

What others did in your random grps is irrelevant. There are ppl who like to farm those with friends, no queue and want the fastest runs possible for badges. So, the discussion exists because people are interested in perfecting their gear for those instances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordhakera View Post
    I'm not sure why I'm answering this for the 1000th time, but, apparently, people still can't figure it out, so here goes:

Most players like when their character feels powerful. Usually, the more, the better.

This is a MMORPG whose main progression path (PvE) is based on power, rather than prestige - unless you're in the top 1% of raiding guilds who get their name plastered on sites like this one, your accomplishments will usually be weighed in the amount of items/gear you've accumulated. Most people enjoy this concept and spend a reasonable chunk of their free time in order to progress this goal as far as possible - to have their character feel as powerful as they can.

Keeping this in mind, is it really that hard to imagine why some would jump at a chance to participate in an event which allows them to TRULY feel powerful by optimizing their characters to ludicrous levels? With the newly added TW rewards, you could even look at these BiS lists as tools which allow for the fastest possible acquirement of badges.

Disregarding the pretty likely chance of people simply using old items which are in their bank anyway, do you really feel that adding this layer of involvement (getting/preparing the gear) is a bad thing in a game that sorely lacks content for people who play more than 4 hours a day?

On topic - I've been running with the Tentacles trinket and the Ghost Iron Dragonling and, honestly, I'm not super impressed. Really wish somebody would test some of the older trinkets so that we'd know if it's worthwhile to farm them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    What others did in your random grps is irrelevant. There are ppl who like to farm those with friends, no queue and want the fastest runs possible for badges. So, the discussion exists because people are interested in perfecting their gear for those instances.
    But they're so, so easy as it is. How much time do you really save by doing this? To each their own and all that, but, this feels like min-maxing for Hogger 40-mans.

My tanks mass-pulled and we aoe'd, just like back when these exceptionally easy dungeons were relevant. Absolutely blitzed everything. I'm struggling to think how much quicker you could make it. I asked a few LFR hero friends and their experience has been similar to mine.
    Last edited by Woods7; 2015-09-05 at 02:05 PM.
    Woóds
    <Angered>
    Draenor EU
    Twitter

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    But they're so, so easy as it is. How much time do you really save by doing this? To each their own and all that, but, this feels like min-maxing for Hogger 40-mans.

My tanks mass-pulled and we aoe'd, just like back when these exceptionally easy dungeons were relevant. Absolutely blitzed everything. I'm struggling to think how much quicker you could make it. I asked a few LFR hero friends and their experience has been similar to mine.
    Just because you had such an easy experience, doesn't mean everyone has it. Also, a chance to feel ULTRA powerful again with sockets, legendary procs, set bonuses etc. Kinda Like MoP Challenge modes at end (minus the legendaries and the set bonuses), only better.

It's not about saving time. For me personally it's kinda neat thinking up an all-time best list for each slot and seeing how it all works together, and since they said they're planning on expanding the feature in the future it seems like a good set will last a long time.

Deleted
    I think many people enjoy playing these partly because they're able to use their old legendaries f.ex. staff/shadowmourne. I really enjoyed the GSR from Oregorger just because of the potential proc-rate, for a second trinket i'm using DSI, but this is mainly because i cba'd to go back and farm an old trinket just to do timewalking dungeons.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    DSI / Moonwell Chalice + T17 4pc

Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    DSI / Moonwell Chalice + T17 4pc
    wow that's a clever thought.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV