Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    They are trying to fix the symptoms and not the disease.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Some people just want to play BGs, regardless of win or lose, but hate the queue timers.
    Yeah, and they're the subgroup who are PvPing since doing achievements is unlikely when you lose more often than you win. This is assuming they're playing solo, can you even group queue Merc mode? I never went on the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I'm not a PvPer, first and foremost. But this idea of being able to switch sides, it's interesting, and I figured it was a nice fix. As it stands at the moment, it's all Alliance, all day, always victorious, correct? So...what kind of masochistic Alliance players are going to swap to Horde? Who's going to switch sides so they can lose? And the Horde, are people really going to remain Horde-side and wait for the Alliance population to drop so that the fight becomes fair; Wouldn't they just switch to Alliance so they can actually win?

Am I missing some key tidbit here? Is this change only being implemented to attempt to soften the long queue times and not the horrendous "Alliance wins, Horde loses" balance issue? I figured that's what it was going to fix, but I can't see how it'll help.

Did you stop reading every Blizzard post after the words Mercenary Mode?

Because if you didn't then you would have clearly read that it only appears for whatever faction has the longest queue times. It fixes the same thing the bonus bags for whatever in demand role is needed for dungeons, queue times.

Also, if one chain queues for quick losses than you would earn more per hour than waiting 40 mins to over an hour for a single pop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    So its only goal is to alleviate extreme queue times for the unfortunate people who play the lesser faction on drastically imbalanced servers. Got it.

I'm...not sure why I saw it as an attempt to fix the balance discrepancy between Alliance & Horde.

If you're on the least populated side of the equation you do NOT get Merc Mode because you already InstaQue.
    Last edited by alexkeren; 2015-09-03 at 08:32 PM.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.