Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Subjective. I find Rune and PC to be of cancerous levels myself.

OT: It's viable, it's just not competitive. You have to pick PC if you want to optimize for ST fights.

I don't like RoP either but for another reason. I find it very, very dull. It mainly talks to me "use me to not be nerfed" while PC is pew-pew.

Deleted
    I feel AO is extremely underpowered in comparison to crystal, even on some add fights. With PoC double dipping on PC (and being insane when its ON PC) I really don't see reasons to swap out as arcane. And I've not had any real issue with positioning it on any fight so far, even on Assault I've had some good results (although I do take AO here). It requires some insight, as it did on blackhand for example, but the splash is quite large. The other part is tanks who can keep their targets steady.

Deleted
    AO was close to PC before legendary ring, on single target. On multiple targets AO was ahead of pc.

Now when we have the legendary ring and the 15min increased dps + explosion, AO is no where close pc on single target fight.
    On multiple targets AO should be ahead, or if you can't get 10 sec of PC on boss, because of moving. Only really boss i would use AO on in hfc, would be Hellfire assault, Xhul'horac and maybe Mannoroth and Archimonde (All on mythic). But when ring gets to max ilvl, i dont really see any boss except Hellfire assault where AO will be on pair with PC.

The reason for AO on Xhul'horac is mostly to get 2x Barrage off on imps or to get more missiles when trinket proc.

About overpowered just dont use it, not close enough to AO or PC

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I don't like RoP either but for another reason. I find it very, very dull. It mainly talks to me "use me to not be nerfed" while PC is pew-pew.
    My problem with crystal is you can get trolled by tanks with it. Thats why I hate it.

Has nothing to do with 'input config' as you seem to think is everyones gripe with it.

Funny how fast I found this topic considering how much I've been struggling with PC. If I had consistent tanks that kept targets in one place it might be great, but I never do, and it never turns out as good as it should. I'm just going to switch to OP for single target.

10+ Year Old Account
    AO + Prophecy of Fear + 4pc T18 for Arcane can be pretty amazing on some fights. Iskar comes to mind with all those adds giving you AM procs.

PC is a mixed bag like RoP. If optimized correctly, it can yield great results. For example, Gorefiend during Feast of Souls phase. On other fights, it's a bit meh but that's the value of choice for you.

If PC was able to track/follow your priority target, why you anyone ever use any of the other talents? 30% extra damage every 1.5 minutes without the restriction penalties just makes it too good.

Same thing with RoP, if RoP didn't have the placement/movement issue, would any mage out there use anything less than RoP?

Good talents should always have a decent (if not significant) downside that discourages its use. That way each talent has a situation where it shines.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    AO + Prophecy of Fear + 4pc T18 for Arcane can be pretty amazing on some fights. Iskar comes to mind with all those adds giving you AM procs.

PC is a mixed bag like RoP. If optimized correctly, it can yield great results. For example, Gorefiend during Feast of Souls phase. On other fights, it's a bit meh but that's the value of choice for you.

If PC was able to track/follow your priority target, why you anyone ever use any of the other talents? 30% extra damage every 1.5 minutes without the restriction penalties just makes it too good.

Same thing with RoP, if RoP didn't have the placement/movement issue, would any mage out there use anything less than RoP?

Good talents should always have a decent (if not significant) downside that discourages its use. That way each talent has a situation where it shines.
    I guess I don't see this philosophy at play with many other classes. Look at warriors, one talent that reduces cooldowns, one that offers an aoe cd, and one that offers a single target cd. Rogues get something that boosts energy regen, a dps cd that requires little management, and a flavorful dps cd with a lot of utility in pvp. Warlocks have cool talents, so do hunters. Last expac the final mage tier was horrible, a babysitter tier. This expac I find the same, ArcOrb has some use, OP doesn't seem to ever be competetive, the same with meteor and comet storm in the other trees. We're generally left with Prismatic Crystal, which I just fail to find enjoyable, its a dps boost that we're balanced around with a caveat, we make our dps work in spite of it. I don't see how thats cool or fun.

Deleted
    Dont ever compare one talentrow to another talentrow of another class. Even dont do it if its the same lvl Talentrow.
    Some specs get their passives by talents, some baked in. Some get CC per talent some baked in. This comparison is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    Dont ever compare one talentrow to another talentrow of another class. Even dont do it if its the same lvl Talentrow.
    Some specs get their passives by talents, some baked in. Some get CC per talent some baked in. This comparison is ridiculous.
    Err.. Its not like its just one example. There's nothing wrong with comparing quality of life among classes in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    PC is a mixed bag like RoP. If optimized correctly, it can yield great results. For example, Gorefiend during Feast of Souls phase.

Good point. Don't use it if you're in a pug for example. Besides, it's exactly like using the whole spec of Arcane if you don't know a fight well or you don't know the raid team that does a particular non-fixed-strategy boss well, because it's a spec that requires absolutely no mistakes on when you start the nuke.

Main reason I don't like Arcane lately to be honest. I loved it in a fixed raid team because I knew exactly when to move and when to nuke. I mainly lead heroic HFC pugs now.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2015-09-04 at 06:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    Prismatic crystal would be an incredibly awesome if it appeared on and stuck to your current target rather than needing to be placed on the ground.

Have thinked the same thing for ages i do not like it either.

I had better results with overpowered on Kilrogg mythic than crystal because I found I would kill my crystal before it ended. Also with glyph of arcane power you can drag out arcane power for basically the entire duration of the 400% damage buff.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...roggcomedy.jpg

I haven't mathed out if it's actually better but it seems competitive on that specific fight.

Edit: And here I was thinking I was the only one with this brilliant idea. Here's a top 4 parse with overpowered https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2015-10-14 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find anything that requires a targeting circle, bind to a mouse button(of you have extra) or a modifier(ctr, alt,shift) of a base mouse button(if you do not have extra). Binding these types of spells to my mouse makes it easier...now if I can bind my tank to not drag stuff away from my crystal that would be great.

It's a fucking shitty spell for pugs that's for sure. But entirely different in a raid team with tanks that understand how it works.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    My problem with crystal is you can get trolled by tanks with it. Thats why I hate it.

Has nothing to do with 'input config' as you seem to think is everyones gripe with it.
    I don't think its tanks being troll or autistic as some point out.

I read a thread a while back on how things interact with tanks this expansion, and it seems bosses and mobs like to try and get behind tanks most of the time so tanks gotta keep shuffling around to keep them in front. I noticed it myself when tanking dungeons. Its quite irritating actually.

Deleted
    ^ It's probably related to the built-in delay of movement mobs have in this game. I presume it's to make the game less annoying to the melee or others. I'm talking about the default behavior of mobs not moving in full unison with the targeted player even if the NPC is not casting.

That coding dealing with that might be a bit bogus creating that side effect or inevitable to not behave like that without other changes.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2015-10-15 at 11:15 AM.

Deleted
    Overpowered isn't great with class trinket (compared to the other options). As said before if you're not too bothered about your dps you can do whatever you want.

Personally I never use Rune of Power, partly because I don't like it (at all). Realistically I should probably incorporate it into certain bosses though.. maybe I should give it a serious look.

/pondering over.
    Last edited by mmoc74a3289bbe; 2015-10-20 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor4life View Post
    Overpowered isn't great with class trinket (compared to the other options). As said before if you're not too bothered about your dps you can do whatever you want.

Personally I never use Rune of Power, partly because I don't like it (at all). Realistically I should probably incorporate it into certain bosses though.. maybe I should give it a serious look.

/pondering over.
    In heroic or normal it really doesn't matter. In mythic, yes, but that's if your raid needs more dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    In heroic or normal it really doesn't matter. In mythic, yes, but that's if your raid needs more dps.
    Well if you can net more dps to correct targets without harming your raid(gorefiend + PoF for example), its always beneficial. Even in heroic and normal. Or even in lfr ffs, no1 wants to stay there for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    Well if you can net more dps to correct targets without harming your raid(gorefiend + PoF for example), its always beneficial. Even in heroic and normal. Or even in lfr ffs, no1 wants to stay there for too long.
    I would prefer not having the stress of it. Not like it's a fun ability anyway.