So does this mean there will be no tiers for anyone cosmetic wise?

The latest info from blizzard regarding the next expansion says that there will not be any class specific item art. So please correct me if I'm mistaken but does that mean we will not be getting any new cosmetic looking tier sets but, rather something more like Wrath of the Lich King's tier 9 sets? If so that is very sad. Cosmetics are a driving force for people to do things and not getting any new cosmetic gear takes away some of the incentive to get gear.

I still am looking forward to this expansion very much and have high hopes for it but, It seems like blizzard is adding all the bad aspects of "grinding" content without any of it's benefits. First they talk about not adding any new talents/spells for the new levels we are gonna have to grind through, and now if this is true we are not gonna get any class specific tier visuals from raids.

Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    The latest info from blizzard regarding the next expansion says that there will not be any class specific item art. So please correct me if I'm mistaken but does that mean we will not be getting any new cosmetic looking tier sets but, rather something more like Wrath of the Lich King's tier 9 sets? If so that is very sad. Cosmetics are a driving force for people to do things and not getting any new cosmetic gear takes away some of the incentive to get gear.

I still am looking forward to this expansion very much and have high hopes for it but, It seems like blizzard is adding all the bad aspects of "grinding" content without any of it's benefits. First they talk about not adding any new talents/spells for the new levels we are gonna have to grind through, and now if this is true we are not gonna get any class specific tier visuals from raids.
    No, they said there wasn't any race and class specific art. blood elf paladin are still using teh same look and feel as the tauren, human or draenei paladins.

I thought it said there wouldn't be any race-specific item art, do you have a link?

10+ Year Old Account
    No race-class-specific art, e.g. there won't be paladin sets specifically for tauren, blood elves, etc. There will probably still be class-specific sets though.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    No, they said there wasn't any race and class specific art. blood elf paladin are still using teh same look and feel as the tauren, human or draenei paladins.
    oh ok thank goodness. I was really hoping I misread that. Thank you for clearing that up, it just made me more hopeful that this expac is going to be amazing.

its context specific not meant to be taken as a broad stroke
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2015-09-04 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    No race-class-specific art, e.g. there won't be paladin sets specifically for tauren, blood elves, etc. There will probably still be class-specific sets though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I thought it said there wouldn't be any race-specific item art, do you have a link?

yeah I misunderstood what it was talking about. Thanks everyone for helping me out, that's why i posted to get some clarification on it.

Sounds like there wont be any class specific tier sets. And that artifacts are affecting those resources.

"There won't be specific item art for each race and class, as Artifact weapon art is the priority."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Sounds like there wont be any class specific tier sets. And that artifacts are affecting those resources.

"There won't be specific item art for each race and class, as Artifact weapon art is the priority."
    It was in response to a question about class art for specific races, thus "race and class" meaning race-class combinations.

so nothing new then?
    since its been like that for awhile
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    Well considering the Moonkin form answer was incorrect I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens in Beta.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Well considering the Moonkin form answer was incorrect I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens in Beta.
    The Moonkin tweet said it wouldn't be getting a revamp like feral, so I'd expect a new model but not the variations feral will see whith artefacts.

10+ Year Old Account
    This appears to be a case of a misunderstanding. On top of that, there are threads covering the tweet in our Legion forum.