Deleted

Frost Bomb in 6.2.2

Just returned to wow after a break.

I really enjoy the Frost Bomb talent and was wondering:

a) How viable is it currently?

b) What talents synergise with it best?

Thanks

I would say it is viable, i dont think a lot of people use it because it can be somewhat of a pain to use it.

As for talents that synergize with it, Prismatic Crystal and the Glyph Splitting Ice. Ideally you would put Frost Bomb on the Boss, throw out your frozen orb, place the prismatic crystal next to the boss, launch your Fingers of Frost Proc'd Ice Lances at probably the boss (but maybe the crystal).

The Frost bomb will explode every time ice lance hits the boss (as long as you have a FoF Proc), the explosion would hit the prismatic crystal which would then do an aoe pulse back at the boss (and anything within range). Plus with the Splitting Ice Glyph, your Ice Lance would hit a second target for 50% damage which would mean more Frost Orb/Prismatic Crystal AoE Pulse. If there is a big group of adds around the boss this combo is amazing. I would imagine with your T18 4pc this would be a bit better considering your FoF Procs can go to 4 instead of 2 and you can get more procs via the longer water jet.

However, in my opinion, the reason a lot of people dont use it is because it requires a lot of setup, and if you take too long to set it all up you are losing time on the prismatic crystal and the frost bomb. It is one of those combos that you have to get just right to get a good return from it, and the best return is going to come from bosses that have a lot of adds around the boss .... which realistically isnt many in Hellfire Citadel. I would say Hellfire Assault and Iskar would be the best ones to use it on (Maaaybe Xhulorac and Phase 2 Archimonde) ..... and I hesitate to include Hellfire Assault because although there are a ton of adds, there isnt many mobs that you could realistically get to stay near the prismatic crystal and stay alive long enough to get the full use out of it, and the only reason I include Archimonde is because of the waves of dogs and such in Phase 2, but the dogs blink around a bit and probably wouldnt stay within range of the crystal the entire time.

Is it viable? Absolutely. Is it worth all the complexity that it brings with it? In my opinion, no.

Its extremely competitive and viable if you play it optimally, the issue however, is that in full gear ( class trinket+4 pc ), it is nearly impossible to play Frost Bomb perfectly with Prismatic Crystal. Playing UM+PC or UM+TV will produce similar or higher numbers and are much simpler to play.